Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
MaterializedHaunt
Mouseketeer

Alone in Orlando

Hi everyone.
A little about my trip: I was coming to Orlando area to meet an exCM that I met on a Disney section of FB. I book plane tickets, Hotel room, car rental and odds/ends. 2 days before I fly in, she has 2nd thoughts.

So... yesterday I flew into MCO and landed around 9am. I grabbed my very nice Chevy Midsize White Captiva (such a sharp looking car) and took off. I was bound to do SOMETHING, anything to make this trip not completely wasted. I went to ThemeParkConnection warehouse. Then proceeded to DTD for a late lunch at Earl of Sandwhich because I keep hearing good things about it. And indeed it was delicious and cheap! I went and checked into my hotel, went back out for dinner at Ponderosa Buffet and then back to the hotel for the rest of the evening. So day one wasn't a complete waste.

So this morning (yes right now im in Disney area YAY-kinda!) I am awake at 6am. I am laying in bed and starting to feel a little upset because I have nothing planned to do today. I always am hoping a girl will start talking to me down here. But since it never happens in Connecticut then why would it change down here. I am very shy and cant ever seem to do it myself.

Im not really sure why I am posting this post. Half of me is hoping a nice girl will respond wanting to hang out and meet me in DTD for lunch and some resort hopping. And another side of me is looking for other solo things to do but I really dont want to be alone down here. I kinda want to buy a ticket into WDW but I cant see spending anymore money.

Anyone have suggestions? Anyone want to meet and hang out? I am 28 male and a Disney nut for life. Comments are welcome and I am not leaving my hotel till I find out what to do. I would really would like to see Art of Animation Resort today though. If you made it down this far, thanks for reading, I appreciate it. I hope you all have a Disney Day.

- MaterializedHaunt

Snow White, Cinderella, and Lilo were sitting at a table and Snow White says, "I think my prince is the greatest because he's so charming!"
Cinderella said, "Well, I think my prince is the greatest because he's so handsome!"
Then Lilo stands up and says, "Shut up and order the pizza! I'm hungry!"
MaterializedHaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Sorry things turned out the way they did for you. I've been trying to find a date on Match.com myself and had no luck. I've had weird emails from crazy guys and no response from ones I've emailed who seem ok. Anyway, I feel your pain.
Go over to Art of Animation. My brother and I did that last time I was there. We walked around a little. Only the Nemo section was open. We could see some of Cars that was still gated off. Then we went in and had some dinner. It has a real nice food court. Nicer than the other value resorts. Good food too.
Definitely worth going to take a look!
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Rahel
Soaking Up the Disney Magic Whenever Home From College

I'm sorry your plans fell through. I'm a local living not to far from Disney and my schedule is pretty flexible so I may be able to meet up sometime if you're interested.
Rahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

If you aren't doing the parks, There is still plenty of things you can do solo in the area.

Check out some of the tourist traps on I-drive (Riply's, go carts, etc). Try a dinner show like medieval times, PIRATES, Slueths, etc.. Go Disney Resort hopping and check out some of the entertainment/bar options around there.

Go to Citywalk. Mini-golf... Movies... clubs....

You could also maybe check out some of the water parks or non-disney parks in the area which you never have time for during your Disney park trips, Such as Sea World, Universal, Aquatica, Wet N Wild, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach... or even a drive down to Tampa for Busch Gardens.

Maybe a Day-trip to the other coast to visit and check out the Kennedy Space Center? There are several really cool tours being offered currently in areas that have been restricted for decades due to the active shuttle program.

There is a ton of stuff you can find and do around there solo, and without someone else around you can take them at your own pace and maybe explore things that normally you wouldn't have the opportunity to do because of the other people not getting the same enjoyment out of the trip as you are.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: