Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #91
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

What a smashing review of this place!! I love YM to pieces and yes I think their steaks are out of this world good!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #92
starousse
DIS Veteran

Great Yachtsman review. I'm really looking forward to my reservation in December.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #93
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
We are going to be eating at Yachtsman in about 3 weeks and I cannot wait. And your review - well it's making it even harder to wait. We are doing deluxe for the first time - and I am so looking forward to all our signature dining - and this one especially!!
This was the meal we looked forward to the most this trip. We were excited about all of them but this one was top of our hope it's really good list. Hope you have a fantastic meal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Loved your Yachtsman review...so glad I have it booked for next month!
Hi Nicki, Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you enjoy your meal as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Loving all your yummy food pics so far! So glad you enjoyed your meal at YS! Thank goodness you did try the garlic with your bread because it is to die for. Your soup and dessert look fabulous too! I am disappointed in myself for only ordering an entree at YS on my last trip. I definitely need the full experience there next time. Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Thanks so much. I was very diligent about taking pictures and the kids even asked, did you get it so I can eat? That garlic was divine. I am also glad I tried it. My DH is the garlic lover but I knew I had to try it or I might regret it. So glad I did. The one thing I will say is if you go to have 3 courses or so, go hungry. We were barely hungry and wanted all the food but if we were really hungry, we could have rocked that even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post

Oh DisneyMomFanatic, creme brule is the best dessert ever! IMHO, of course. I hope you get a chance to try some somewhere soon.
I have heard that from others. I will definitely try it, but only from a restaurant that I trust to do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great yachtsman review
Thanks for the nice words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I had booked YS for our upcoming trip but DH liked the look of the AP menu better so we ended up switching. The temptation is strong to switch back after your review! Your children's strip steak is making me salivate all over the screen.
I think that between YSH and AP (DonaldDoleWhip's report) I want to do both! They both look really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
What a smashing review of this place!! I love YM to pieces and yes I think their steaks are out of this world good!
Vettegirl, thank you. I can now say that I am a lover of YSH! And I agree completely, will anything ever compare to them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Great Yachtsman review. I'm really looking forward to my reservation in December.
Starousse, thanks. Hope you have as good a meal as me or better!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

It's been probably more than 5 years since I last ate at Yachtsman's. It was good way back then so I'm happy to see some positive reviews as I'll be dining there in 4 weeks!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #95
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
My DH would love this place. He can never get enough steak!! I've never tried it since I don't eat meat, but I guesss I'll give in and try it next May. I'm sure they would have something veggie for me to eat. The desserts look great!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #96
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
It's been probably more than 5 years since I last ate at Yachtsman's. It was good way back then so I'm happy to see some positive reviews as I'll be dining there in 4 weeks!
I have seen quite a bit of good reviews recently and it was well worth the effort to travel there on the transportation at Disney. Hope you have a great time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
My DH would love this place. He can never get enough steak!! I've never tried it since I don't eat meat, but I guesss I'll give in and try it next May. I'm sure they would have something veggie for me to eat. The desserts look great!!
That is how my DH is also. Red meat is his thing! Looks like they do have at least one vegetarian entree but is it something you would eat, you will have to check out their menu. The one on allears is not quite up to date for entrees or desserts. But yes, the desserts are quite good!

I am realizing that I did not add a photo of us for your viewing pleasure. While I don't have a picture of all 4 us us right now, have to get photopass photos done yet. But here is one of DH, DS and DD at a place I will have as a review in the future with a friend of ours. Can you guess where it was taken???
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #97
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Great review!!! So glad that the choir sang for you with that filet!!! And you even tried the roasted garlic with the bread - look at you!!! The cherry dessert that your DH ordered looks really good. For some reason I'm into cherries right now.

Oh and that porterhouse is definitely a man-size slab of meat!!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #98
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in

Loved reading your review of YS. We have an ADR there in Dec and I am very much looking forward to it!!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #99
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Love the Crystal Palace photo! We never miss that place!
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #100
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Dunbody's Kiss...

http://www.kevindundon.com/dunbrody_kiss.html

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #101
wizzzzzard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Great review!!! So glad that the choir sang for you with that filet!!! And you even tried the roasted garlic with the bread - look at you!!! The cherry dessert that your DH ordered looks really good. For some reason I'm into cherries right now.

Oh and that porterhouse is definitely a man-size slab of meat!!!
It was super-awesome. I would recommend skipping lunch before tackling this monster of meat.
Me, DW, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (in-law's house), Nov '00 Contemporary (1 night; rest was off-prop), Apr '02 POR (1 night; rest was off prop)
Me, DW, DS, & DD:Apr '03 off prop (in-law's house), Apr '05 off prop (in-law's house), Jun '06 (1 day in MK) off prop (in-law's house), Aug '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP, Aug '10 CR, Aug '12 AoA, Jul '14 POR
wizzzzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #102
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I'm late to the party but at least not TO late! Your reviews so far are excellent. Both Raglan Road and YSH are on the plans for us next month! Raglan Road is such a favorite with hubby and I that we will be going multiple times!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #103
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Breakfast with the princesses

Day 2, Breakfast at Akershus

So we woke up early enough to get to our first breakfast of the trip. We were going to spend the day at EPCOT and started at Akershus. We love the breakfast here. Who doesn’t love that potato casserole? So, this was our first shirt day. We wore…

We arrived and were called within about 10minutes and got our picture taken with the ever lovely Belle.

We were seated to the left of the entrance in a lovely smaller room. Our server was Therese. She was lovely and friendly and reminded us of DD’s 2nd grade teacher, whom we all love dearly. We got our drinks and then there was the princess parade. DD had NO interest in doing a parade. She said she is much too old for things like that. After the parade, DD and DH went to the cold buffet. Apparently DD is now into yogurt and fruits.

Then out came the plated meal; sausage, bacon, eggs and potato casserole.

DS was in a mood (not quite an autistic meltdown, but darn close). So he wanted no part of pictures with beautiful princesses and also wanted no part of a buffet, eggs or potatoes. He was in this meal strictly for the meat, and meat he ate. We ate and took pictures and while I love this restaurant, this meal didn’t do it for me this year. The food was good and the service was great. The eggs were moist but not wet, the potatoes were nicely cheesy and the meats were cooked well but a little greasy. The atmosphere is wonderful in this building. I truly think the problem with this meal was we weren’t really hungry yet. After having Yachtsman for a later dinner the night before, we weren’t at that hunger level that we went in to rip that meal apart, and I think that affected our overall rating. Here are a few pictures that I took. It is really a lovely place.

There there is a lovely picture of my 2 babies (who actually allowed me to take there picture willingly)

I may or may not go back on our next trip. The food is filling and well prepared and since it is all you care to eat, you can fill yourself as full as you like. And if you have little girls (or maybe teenage boys ) this place is great. But since we have done it before and there are so many other places to eat and my kids really had no interest in the princesses, I don’t think it will make it on our must do list next trip.

I give Akershus, breakfast with the princesses …

3 fish (it won't let me get my fishy fish - I am so sad)

Our cost for this meal was 149.06 (including tax) or 4 TS credits or $37.26/credit

Up next: One of our all time favorites, Teppan Edo. Will it live up to past experiences???

Last edited by DisneyMomFanatic; 09-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #104
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Loving the detail in your reviews.

We are doing Akershus again next month..the potato casserole is great. My DD is 6 and I hope she will still be excited to see the princesses.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #105
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We have an Akershus ADR in Dec. DD still very much loves princesses (even at the age of 9), so this meal is mostly for her...plus getting into Epcot early is a nice perk too.

Not sure what expectations I have for Akershus to be honest...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: