Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #61
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
The shrimp looked so great! I'm not a big scallops fan, but theirs must be really good, as I understand that at Cookes of Dublin, the scallops are one of the most popular items!

Looking forward to more yumminess!!
See, I can take or leave shrimp, depending on how they are prepared. But scallops, I am almost all-in on those. Many more yumminess to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
The appetizers look so good! Interestingly enough, last year you didn't have to have two people order the scallops (since I ordered them as my appetizer on the DxDP last year). That's a disappointing change.

Looking forward to more! Raglan Road is one of my mom's favorites. For now, I could take it or leave it, but maybe your review will convince me that next time I should take it!
I had no idea about the sharing because on allears, it doesn't mention sharing but on the menu of Raglan Road that they give you, it does.

See how the one section says it's all for me and the other says it's all for sharing. It was definitely a disappointment for me, but nobody else. If I go back (and not on the dining plan) I would get them and dessert and share an entree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I had the shepherd's pie at Raglan Road and also didn't love it. It was just very heavy and a bit too 'meaty' for me. That said, it looked like there were some wonderful dishes in your meal, and now I'm kind of missing RR.

I hope you liked Yachtsman!
So, DDW, are you gonna go back to RR??? Have I sufficiently convinced you?
You shall find out next if I liked Yachtsman. I may or maynot get that up tonight. DD has gymnastics from 5-7pm my time, so I might have time to pull that together tonight. I will say this, both DH and I are open to trying more signatures on our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I loved the Ham and the bread pudding when I ate at RR. I have to go back some of these days.

Great review! Can't wait to hear about Yachtsman.

Jill in CO
Hi Jill, My DH still is raving about both of those and we had many other things since then that he liked too. Yachtsman will be next.
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #62
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

My family loves Raglan Road! I've never tried the Shepherd's Pie and based on your review I think I'll continue to pass. The bread pudding at RR is my favourite on Disney property and I really enjoyed the ham on my last visit.

Great first review, looking forward to more!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #63
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
My family loves Raglan Road! I've never tried the Shepherd's Pie and based on your review I think I'll continue to pass. The bread pudding at RR is my favourite on Disney property and I really enjoyed the ham on my last visit.

Great first review, looking forward to more!
Hi MrsB,
I think one of the points I would like to get across in this report is that I read so many dining reviews before going on this trip and built up so many dishes in my head and so many people loved or hated this dish or that, and I let that make my decision for me. I sometimes didn't even really read the menus and may have missed out on something I would have REALLY loved because someone said this or that is the bomb. I learned that I need to read the menu and see what combos and spices and ingredients the food offers and what combinations I would like, not someone else. If you had passed on it before because it wasn't what you would like and still isn't, then I wholeheartedly say pass but if you think you may like that combo, please don't let my not raving about it stop you or anyone else. As our vacation started to go on, I did read the menus and see if I wanted to try something new or was I willing to give new a try. But it ended up being based on what I wanted, not what a review said. Hope I didn't throw you off or offend you, it was just such a big lesson for me on this trip.
One other thing, I have 1 real regret from this trip, I kept thinking in my head that I should try creme brule and I stopped myself everytime. Reasons were, my DH doesn't like it and didn't think I should get it, and I have never had it. Now I look back and think, I really would have loved to try it to see if I have been missing something all these years. The voices in my head held me back a little and I didn't live on the edge like I would have liked to.

I hope that helps you or anyone else reading this, if you want it, get it and don't let me or anyone else hold you back!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Old 09-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #64
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

Jumping in late! I wanted to eat at RR last time I went down, but I couldn't convince the rest of my family. Hopefully next time! (fingers crossed)

Cant wait to see what else you had!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #65
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
Hi MrsB,
I think one of the points I would like to get across in this report is that I read so many dining reviews before going on this trip and built up so many dishes in my head and so many people loved or hated this dish or that, and I let that make my decision for me. I sometimes didn't even really read the menus and may have missed out on something I would have REALLY loved because someone said this or that is the bomb. I learned that I need to read the menu and see what combos and spices and ingredients the food offers and what combinations I would like, not someone else. If you had passed on it before because it wasn't what you would like and still isn't, then I wholeheartedly say pass but if you think you may like that combo, please don't let my not raving about it stop you or anyone else. As our vacation started to go on, I did read the menus and see if I wanted to try something new or was I willing to give new a try. But it ended up being based on what I wanted, not what a review said. Hope I didn't throw you off or offend you, it was just such a big lesson for me on this trip.
One other thing, I have 1 real regret from this trip, I kept thinking in my head that I should try creme brule and I stopped myself everytime. Reasons were, my DH doesn't like it and didn't think I should get it, and I have never had it. Now I look back and think, I really would have loved to try it to see if I have been missing something all these years. The voices in my head held me back a little and I didn't live on the edge like I would have liked to.

I hope that helps you or anyone else reading this, if you want it, get it and don't let me or anyone else hold you back!
I think you make some very good points and I've always tried to make choices on our trips based on my own families preferences. You're absolutely right in that everyone is different and what is nirvana to some may turn someone else off completely. For instance, many rave about Tangierene Cafe but it doesn't do anything for my family. To each his own. I've always passed on the RR Shepherd's Pie because I'm not really a fan of ground lamb and when you mentioned that you found the dish somewhat tasteless without the sauce, I decided I'm not missing much, LOL. I do however LOVE the Cottage Pie at Rose & Crown. No ground lamb to be found in that one!

It sounds like you'll just have to schedule another WDW trip so you can sample some creme brulee!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #66
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

great reviews, looking forward to reading more

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #67
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

So yummy already! How can I not join in?
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #68
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your Shepherd's pie looks good! But I REALLY want what your DD ordered - that looks amazing! At least you tried the items you thought you would like and next time order something different.

Like you, I'm not a dark chocolate fan so the chocolate dessert looks good but the bread pudding - definitely a winner!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #69
pugs05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic

Hi MrsB,

You definitely need to try creme brle at some point. It is definitely one of my favorite desserts. On our upcoming trip I am going to try to get it as many times as I can. but I'm also not a big chocolate fan.
pugs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #70
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! Raglan Road looks terrific!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #71
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Adding myself on. I need to start collecting the new places we want to eat next time, and most of your list is new to us.
As for Creme Brula we tried it for the first time at Brow Derby, and it is now a favorite, however not always as good as our first. Highly reccomend you try it.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #72
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Great Raglan Road review
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #73
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

My DD and I got the bread pudding ate a bit of it and thought it was terribly dry. We left the rest. I wish we thought to dump it on the plate. It allows you to get to the moist part and past the crunchier top part. Also, we received such a small amount of the sauces in the pitchers. I came home and saw pictures of other people's little pitchers and they had more, which would have solved some of the dry problems.

We really didn't care for it, ate very little but I think we had it so built up in our mind (and already had O'hana's bread pudding) the pudding thing didn't stand a chance.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #74
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Jumping in late! I wanted to eat at RR last time I went down, but I couldn't convince the rest of my family. Hopefully next time! (fingers crossed)

Cant wait to see what else you had!
Not too late, you joined in during my first meal of the trip, many more to come. Here is hoping that you can eventually convince them to go. It took a bit to convince DH but with our other choices, RR was the best one for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
I think you make some very good points and I've always tried to make choices on our trips based on my own families preferences. You're absolutely right in that everyone is different and what is nirvana to some may turn someone else off completely. For instance, many rave about Tangierene Cafe but it doesn't do anything for my family. To each his own. I've always passed on the RR Shepherd's Pie because I'm not really a fan of ground lamb and when you mentioned that you found the dish somewhat tasteless without the sauce, I decided I'm not missing much, LOL. I do however LOVE the Cottage Pie at Rose & Crown. No ground lamb to be found in that one!

It sounds like you'll just have to schedule another WDW trip so you can sample some creme brulee!
Maybe the lamb was the problem, I have never had it before in any form. I just figured that it would mix in with the beef. I am glad I tried it, but if I hadn't been so focused on that, I probably gotten the same as DD. Glad I didn't offend you with my comments. It just struck me that I was wanted what others thought was the best and it would be for me also. It's kinda like I wouldn't ever order many of the items that DDW orders because I don't like certain things. So, I wouldn't order them but I might still go there if they have great food and service because I might find something that I like at that restaurant. I will have to wait almost 2 years for DWD creme brulee. We are planning on a cruise for next year. We have to go back to Rose and Crown again soon. We haven't been there in about 9 or 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney owl View Post
great reviews, looking forward to reading more
Thanks for joining in Disney owl, glad to have you reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
So yummy already! How can I not join in?
Well, I think you should join in dawnmichele, but I am a little biased on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Your Shepherd's pie looks good! But I REALLY want what your DD ordered - that looks amazing! At least you tried the items you thought you would like and next time order something different.

Like you, I'm not a dark chocolate fan so the chocolate dessert looks good but the bread pudding - definitely a winner!!
Brenda, DD's was sooooo yummy! Tender and juicy and lots of it. Yes, next time we are in Disney, I think we will approch our dining in a whole different way. DH and I have already been discussing it. DH wanted to eat all the bread pudding but didn't want any problems on our bus ride back... The chocolate was good and I ate all that but not the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs05 View Post
You definitely need to try creme brle at some point. It is definitely one of my favorite desserts. On our upcoming trip I am going to try to get it as many times as I can. but I'm also not a big chocolate fan.
It's funny because I think I would like it but am scared too try it, and I am not sure why. Like pistacio ice cream, I like pistacios and ice cream so why haven't I tried it? Don't know??? I think my problem is that I always convince myself to try something else I know I do like already and don't try something new, being afraid I won't like it and have wasted a dessert. Time to branch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Subscribing! Raglan Road looks terrific!
Thanks for joining klacey! It was a neat place with many great foods and a nice variety. Seafood, chicken, redmeats all from low intensity to spicy. I will do it again sometime, especially when a 10 yr old and 13 yr old love it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseheidi View Post
Adding myself on. I need to start collecting the new places we want to eat next time, and most of your list is new to us.
As for Creme Brula we tried it for the first time at Brow Derby, and it is now a favorite, however not always as good as our first. Highly reccomend you try it.
Hi Caseheidi! Glad to have you along. We were really happy to try 7 or 8 new places this time too. My DH never would try BD because it was signature. Now that he had signature, he says next trip we will do many more! And I will have at least 1 Creme Brulee on my list early that way if I like it, I will be able to get more throughout the vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great Raglan Road review
Thank you dixonsontour! Happy to have you along for my crazy ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
My DD and I got the bread pudding ate a bit of it and thought it was terribly dry. We left the rest. I wish we thought to dump it on the plate. It allows you to get to the moist part and past the crunchier top part. Also, we received such a small amount of the sauces in the pitchers. I came home and saw pictures of other people's little pitchers and they had more, which would have solved some of the dry problems.

We really didn't care for it, ate very little but I think we had it so built up in our mind (and already had O'hana's bread pudding) the pudding thing didn't stand a chance.
I sweetspot, thanks for reading along. 2 years ago when we did Ohana for the first time was when I had bread pudding for the first time and I thought I would hate it (not sure why). But I liked it alot. It is not my favorite dessert, but I won't turn it away. DH didn't let me try the bread pudding at RR so I have no idea which I like better.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #75
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Ok I need to take care of a little forgotten business here. Since we were on the Deluxe Dining plan. I want to let you know how much it cost and at the end let you know if we saved any money and if it was worth it. So for our Lunch at Raglan Road for everything we got including our lemonades and sodas, was

$168.27 + tip or for us 4 ts credits or $42.07/credit.

I was going to try to get our Yachtsman dinner going but I want to give it the proper time to get it right so it will have to wait until tomorrow. But what I did remember was that after we got back to our Resort, I did use 2 snack credits. We were hanging at the pool with my parents and I asked if they wanted something and they said they would like a smoothie. They each had one. My DMom got a Mango smoothie from Landscapes of Flavor and it was sweet, cool and refreshing. My DDad got a Wildberry smoothie and it was quite tart but also cool and refreshing. The only problem was it was so hot and they fill the cups so full that I felt like I was trying to suck down my dads smoothie so it wasn't all over my hands and the floor just trying to get from the building to our unbrella table at the pool. I know, what a sacrifice to drink a smoothie. Sorry no pictures, but they went down really easily said my mom and dad.

The cost of these 2 items was
$10.21 (including tax) or 2 sc or $5.10/sc

While I was in Landscapes, I decided to pick up our mugs and take them back to the room. The 4 mugs would have cost me

$61 I paid 0 (free with Dining Plan) I gave 2 of them to my mom and dad who took them home with them.

*another bit of business, in the interest of FULL disclosure, for those of you that may be looking for some nice spirits and "adult beverages" here, you will find none! We are not big alcohol drinkers normally but especially around our kids. Sorry!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: