Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
RyanHorizon
Earning My Ears

Fast Pass Bonus...?

Just returned yesterday from a fantastic 4 day weekend getaway to WDW! One thing caught me off guard, but maybe I missed something, so help me out. I was the designated FP runner and i went to get some Peter Pan's Flight FPs and I didn't even bother to look at them after i grabbed them from the machine. Well, I pulled them out before our return times and here i see 2 FPs for Peter Pan and a "bonus" fast pass for Philharmagic. There were 3 of us so I panicked and immediately thought i should sit out since I screwed up...or did I? Luckily, cast member Clarissa at PPF let all 3 of us on after i explained the circumstances. Though, I'm still confused about it. Clarissa explained that it was a fast pass for an attraction in the area while we wait for our Peter Pan return time, but I only received one. How does that help our group? What did I do wrong? lol.

Sorry for writing a novel on my first post!
RyanHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

How odd...never has happened to me . It wouldn't do us any good either since there are 5 of us in our group .

Oops!!!----Welcome to Dis .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHorizon View Post
Just returned yesterday from a fantastic 4 day weekend getaway to WDW! One thing caught me off guard, but maybe I missed something, so help me out. I was the designated FP runner and i went to get some Peter Pan's Flight FPs and I didn't even bother to look at them after i grabbed them from the machine. Well, I pulled them out before our return times and here i see 2 FPs for Peter Pan and a "bonus" fast pass for Philharmagic. There were 3 of us so I panicked and immediately thought i should sit out since I screwed up...or did I? Luckily, cast member Clarissa at PPF let all 3 of us on after i explained the circumstances. Though, I'm still confused about it. Clarissa explained that it was a fast pass for an attraction in the area while we wait for our Peter Pan return time, but I only received one. How does that help our group? What did I do wrong? lol.

Sorry for writing a novel on my first post!
First, to the boards!

You did nothing wrong. FPs for PhilharMagic are usually worthless, since the standby wait time is almost never more than one show cycle. I was there Saturday myself and practically walked into the theater. The "bonus" FP is a tactic used by Disney to nudge crowds to less popular attractions. And for the record, my family happens to love PhilharMagic.

Forgot to mention I got these too on Saturday with our Pan FPs, but didn't use them then. Came back later in the day at my convenience and walked on as mentioned.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 09-04-2012 at 07:05 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I've gotten these a couple of times. They don't really mean anything since the wait time is usually just until the show in progress is finished. Never needed a fastpass for Philharmagic...but then we go mostly in September when crowds are lower.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

The machine should've given you a Peter Pan fast pass for each of you, as well as the bonus Philharmagic fastpass for each of you. It seems like there was a glitch in the machine that caused you to get only two FPs for Peter Pan and 1 for Philharmagic. You didn't do anything wrong. Occasionally the machines get the hiccups.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
RyanHorizon
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the kind welcome! We loved Philharmagic as well. probably my favorite 3d show of the weekend. I learned my lesson to look at every FP. I still don't understand what the 3 of us were supposed to do with 2 peter pan FPs and 1 Phil FP! Maybe if I put our tickets back in i would have gotten more?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHorizon View Post
Thanks for the kind welcome! We loved Philharmagic as well. probably my favorite 3d show of the weekend. I learned my lesson to look at every FP. I still don't understand what the 3 of us were supposed to do with 2 peter pan FPs and 1 Phil FP! Maybe if I put our tickets back in i would have gotten more?
Nah, the machine messed up. Maybe it only had three stubs left to print on, since each ticket insertion should produce a Pan and the bonus, in that order.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
RyanHorizon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
The machine should've given you a Peter Pan fast pass for each of you, as well as the bonus Philharmagic fastpass for each of you. It seems like there was a glitch in the machine that caused you to get only two FPs for Peter Pan and 1 for Philharmagic. You didn't do anything wrong. Occasionally the machines get the hiccups.
Yeah that makes sense. I had all of sunday planned in my head so it almost through a wrench in it. It was packed! Getting there for rope drop is definitely key for getting in the rides you want. We didn't wait longer than 15 minutes for anything all weekend and Peter Pan was 60+ minutes as was Space Mountain, Splash, etc.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
stormer
DIS Veteran

I got the bonus fast passes two weeks ago, but they were for Dumbo. I got the same amount of bonus FPs as regualr ones.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Indeed, welcome to DISboards.com! You'll find lots of wonderful information, lovely and informative people, and "interesting" (I guess we can call them that...) conversations here. By the way, you may want to read the guidelines (not trying to sound rude at all; just helpful advice), as I didn't even know they existed when I first posted here. Sorry, I stole Cyrano's, one of our hard-working moderators, job.

To answer your question, as PPs have suggested, you received what is known as a "Surprise FASTPASS." They are becoming more and more common. These are now being handed out with the Dumbo FPs for PhilharMagic (just like Peter Pan) and with the Princess Meet 'n' Greet FP for Dumbo. Same for Winnie-the-Pooh (surprise FP for Dumbo, also).

Hope this helps and, once more, WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: