Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

I really don't want to ask this question

Im asking for my DW. We have a character breakfest at Minnie and Friends and she's worried that a character will touch her head or hair. She has issues with people touching her head/hair. Has anybody had their head messed with? I don't want to be sitting at the table like a dope asking Pluto not to touch her head.
Myself (34) DW (34) DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

I haven't seen it or experienced it, but it could be possible if she was sitting when a character approaches. You may want to mention it to the hostess when you get there, or I would suggest DW stand up when a character is inching closer and pose for a photo op...just have your camera ready.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

That is a good question, especially if someone dining has issues with touching. Sometimes the characters do touch, so I would ask to speak to a restaurant manager (maybe when your wife isn't looking) and ask them to let the characters know not to touch.

Typically, the characters are very good at gauging how people want to interact or not, but sometimes you get a playful character who will surprise you.

Another option you have (that I just thought of) is that they have some tables against the wall. You can wait for one of those tables, and have your wife sit against the wall. That way she can see anyone approaching your table, and you'll be the buffer between her and the characters.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Liat
Mouseketeer

I've had one or two of the characters muss up my kiddos hair, but it was later in the interaction and I expect they figured it wasn't going to upset anyone (it didn't) and it was done playfully and to smaller children.

I can't imagine one of the characters just coming up and touching her hair, but I would take the PP's suggestion and have her stand up when they come close.

DL Feb 2014 Dapper Days PPH DL Oct 2013 Adults only trip DLH DL August 2013 offsite Dec 9-21 2012 Wonder (Panama!)
DL August 2012 GCH DL Nov 28-Dec 4 2011 Disney Wonder Dec 4-11 2011 DL June 2011 GCH DL August 2010 DLH DL April 2009 offsite

Liat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
laurasvwee
Mouseketeer

I have been to at least 8 character breakfasts and have never had a character touch more then my hand. I would think that no character would ever touch a women's hair. It takes us so long to style it that I'm pretty sure that it's a nono.
laurasvwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
AvidTraveller
Earning My Ears

We had one russle up my son's hair and turn his hat around so it was backwards. He loved it. But that was the only one who ever did that sort of thing. Most seemed to go for the hands only if anything.
AvidTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

Thank you everyone for your info im sure she will feel a lot better now. MaryJo i like your table idea.
Myself (34) DW (34) DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

We must have signs saying mess with us! Stitch is notorius for messing with hair and hats... Rafiki did the swoosh on my daughter's forehead. Meeko leaned on my dd's head with her elbow... Donald and Tigger have both messed with her hats... I have photos of both Brer Fox and Stitch putting dd's autograph book on her head to sign it. We of course thought it was fun!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

I know this was a serious question, but it made me laugh. From the title to the OP, it sounded so much like my DH. To answer the question though, I have had the characters touch our kid's hair and heads, but never my DH or myself have been touched. Have fun!
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Okay, I haven't really been to a character meal before, so I can't answer your question, but I can say this: I completely understand your DW not wanting people to touch her hair and trying to make sure that it won't happen in advance.

I have long curly hair, and for some reason people seem to think it's okay to touch it. (I know what pregnant women go through, with people constantly touching their bellies.) I HATE this. Generally, I am completely okay with waving people off when I see them reaching, or telling them not to do it again if they manage to get their hands on it before I can stop them. Sometimes I find it difficult to be nice about this, and it would be a really awkward if a character decided to "spring" one of my curls and I threatened to hurt them if they ever came near me again.

Er...sorry, Minnie.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
*Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!*
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
kkendle
Mouseketeer

She could wear a hat...or maybe a visor?
kkendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Have we been touched on our heads? Oh.Em.Gee. YES! LOL DBF usually wears a baseball cap (yup, even when we are eating) but sometimes he takes it off at the table (when he remembers really lol, it doesn't bother me so I don't ask him to take it off), at M&F's he hadn't taken it off yet, we had only been shown to our tables and filled our plates, right as we sat down Chip & Dale came out, they sort of followed us to our table as if we were a conga line. LOL As we sat down they started messing with DBF's hat, took it off his head, messed with hair, put it back on his head, hung it from their noses, tried to put it on themselves, tried to walk away with it....LOL They gave him such a hard time the whole time we were eating, we loved it!! They didn't mess with mine too much but mine was pulled up and twisted into a clip, the long part was hanging loose over the clip so it was similar to a ponytail and they kept touching it and pretending they were pulling it, they also messed with the kids hair.
We did see them try it with another lady who said "oh no, not MY hair, you can't mess up my hair, go play with someone else's" and they laughed (you know, pantomining laughing) and that was the end of it. If she really doesn't like it just tell them not to do it, they will respect that.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
We must have signs saying mess with us! Stitch is notorius for messing with hair and hats... Rafiki did the swoosh on my daughter's forehead. Meeko leaned on my dd's head with her elbow... Donald and Tigger have both messed with her hats... I have photos of both Brer Fox and Stitch putting dd's autograph book on her head to sign it. We of course thought it was fun!
We've had the same type situations, but I think they could tell we wanted to play.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
larina
DIS Veteran

Yes, it is a good possibility. I have pics of Balou messing with my ex's hat and hair from years ago, and on our trips last year, it happened to my bald dad (they messed with his head, not his hair) and two of my children.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
aidensmom31
Obsessed Disney Fan

Watch out for Honest John. We were there last new years and he messed with my sisters hair, she is in her late twenties. Her back was to him and she didnt see him come up. We all laughed about it, and laughed even more when she went to the bathroom. But I can understand wanting to avoid it and would try to get a table near a wall just in case one decides to be sneaky.

aidensmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: