Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

How many rooms can you book while on board?

How many rooms can you book under the discount? We are traveling on the Dream in October and will be taking a cruise with the entire extended family sometime in 2014. My parents are paying for everyone for the cruise, so we will be booking ours (well, a dummy cruise but we will be trying to guess the right cruise. My parents haven't decided for sure which one yet) for 2014 while on the Dream and then my parents will reimburse us. That way we are saving them money (since they are being generous and paying for it.) Then later we will have our reservation transferred to whatever travel agent my parents are using for the group (they like travel agents) so that all the reservations will be linked.

Our family will need a total of 4 rooms when we go in 2014. Can I book 4 rooms while on board? (I realize then we will be the main ones on the reservation instead of my parents but since my parents can just give us whatever money we are paying I don't mind.) If not, can I book 2? My daughter (who will be 6) will be staying in a room with her Aunt on the 2014 cruise so that her aunt does not have to pay the single occupancy rate (yes, I know that means my daughter will have to pay the adult fare rather than the child fare since she will be considered the second occupant but it is much cheaper than her aunt having a room to herself.) On a side note, is it a problem to do this? I figure I will just need to fill out some additional paperwork since my daughter would technically be traveling with her aunt rather than her parents even though her parents will be on board. Also, I am assuming this is allowed, right? I don't want to do something that is not allowed, but I don't see the point of the aunt paying a single occupancy rate when one of her nieces could just stay with her. (And is it a problem if the three nieces rotate in their aunt's room at night rather than just my daughter being allowed to stay there?) As I said, I don't want to do something "illegal" or lie about anything to Disney (I am too honest a person) but I want to be able to help lessen the cost of the trip for my parents who are trying to have one trip with all their children and grandchildren since the economy was not kind to them these past few years and it is very generous that they are wanting to pay for this. Thanks!!!
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Tinkerbell139
Earning My Ears

When we were on the Fantasy in July, 2012, we were allowed to book two rooms on a future cruise per room.
Tinkerbell139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Each family currently cruising can book 2 cabins for the same cruise. I believe that if one of them cancels or moves the cruise, both lose the benefits. Not sure what happens if they both move to the same future cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: