Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #91
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Your AP meal LOOKS and SOUNDS Amazing!! Sorry the service was bit weird but it looks like it all went well!!
Thanks! Yeah, discomfort was outweighed by yummy food...and alcohol, let's not lie.

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #92
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Loving your dining reviews so far! I love someone that doesn't hold back with their heavenly descriptions I noticed we will be in the world at the same time..hopefully we will both be enjoying some lovely food
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #93
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Loved your review of AP. They've changed the bread since I was last there in December. Your scallops like divine. That's exactly what I hope to order our next visit to AP. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #94
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Between you and donalddolewhip, I'm dying to try Artist Point!! I read a lot more amazing reviews than "meh" ones for sure. I think I need to put this on my list even if I'm not a very adventurous eater!

Wonderful photos too!
Honestly, DH isn't so adventurous either (though I've worn him down a bit over the years!) and he loves it. Clearly.

And thank you for the compliment!

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 10-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #95
Roma
Mouseketeer

Oooo that Wilderness coffee is calling my name. I think I might overkill and have that with my dessert too when we go to AP.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #96
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
As I told you earlier in the report, Artist Point became one of Rob's very favorite restaurants during our trip in 2010. This was thanks in large part to the buffalo he ate there. I also had a terrific experience and we were both really looking forward to heading back to see if magic could be recaptured.

We arrived in plenty of time to take a walk around the lobby. I just love WL - it's so completely immersed in the theme and atmosphere. I absolutely can't wait to visit in December and see the Christmas tree!

He went pretty nutty over this dish. I think we were both a little "meh" when we saw the size of the portion but the flavor was wonderful.

I ordered the Oak-smoked Venison Carpaccio with Washington State Cherries, Drunken Goat, Fennel and Shaved Black Truffle.

DH was looking over my shoulder as I read your review and says....we HAVE to go there! So I scramble, looking for any place to fit in AP. We have a late ADR at Ohana (9:15) so we're squeezing in AP at 5:30 the same night. Is that the epitome of gluttony or what? How in the world will I be able to eat dessert and still save room for noodles and bread pudding at Ohana? I already have Narcoossee booked and Cali Grill booked on different nights and I just can't drop either one of those.......hey, we do what we gotta do, right?

Loving your reviews and photos, btw. I obsess over disney food!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #97
nanhol
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your dining report so far and looking forward to more! Great pics of the food, thanks for sharing!
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #98
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Loving your dining reviews so far! I love someone that doesn't hold back with their heavenly descriptions I noticed we will be in the world at the same time..hopefully we will both be enjoying some lovely food
I'm sure we will be! Where are you planning to eat?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #99
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Loved your review of AP. They've changed the bread since I was last there in December. Your scallops like divine. That's exactly what I hope to order our next visit to AP. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! I hope you love them as much as I did...I get all starry eyed just thinking about them...

Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #100
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Oooo that Wilderness coffee is calling my name. I think I might overkill and have that with my dessert too when we go to AP.
Oh, it's wonderful. Completely unnecessary, but wonderful.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #101
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

So happy to read your review for Artist Point. I have been trying to decide between AP, Bluezoo or Fulton's for DH's birthday dinner. Your review has made me decide on AP, We ate there 2 years ago and loved it - it seems to be consistently good!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #102
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

I am totally drooling over your AP photos. The Venison Carpaccio looks amazing! Your coffee looks so good too. I could go for one of those right now!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #103
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Absolutely loving your report!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #104
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
DH was looking over my shoulder as I read your review and says....we HAVE to go there! So I scramble, looking for any place to fit in AP. We have a late ADR at Ohana (9:15) so we're squeezing in AP at 5:30 the same night. Is that the epitome of gluttony or what? How in the world will I be able to eat dessert and still save room for noodles and bread pudding at Ohana? I already have Narcoossee booked and Cali Grill booked on different nights and I just can't drop either one of those.......hey, we do what we gotta do, right?

Loving your reviews and photos, btw. I obsess over disney food!
You're a far braver person than I! Here's a tip, though, should you decide to go through with this plan: Don't bother with dessert at AP, or just take a taste or two. There is not a dessert on property (in my opinion of course) more amazing than the bread pudding at 'Ohana. You want to be able to do justice to both restaurants!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #105
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol
I'm loving your dining report so far and looking forward to more! Great pics of the food, thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! I love looking back and remembering these amazing meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: