Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

Photopass CD and Photopass Plus

Hi Guys,

travelling in october got a question... never used photopass cd before as never really thought of buying many pictures however as this is our honeymoon trip i thought we would be having alot more piccys done with the photopass photographers so the cd will be worth the money.

but my questions are:-

do you need to preorder this? ive heard people preordering it, will their be plenty in the park to obtain one?

do i buy the cd on the first day or once i have collected all the pics throughout the stay?

if you have any links to more info on the photopass cd that would be amazing as im prettry in the dark about it.

does the photopass cd include all pics you have taken by photopass CM i know it excludes ride photos and dining meals pictures so im contemplating paying for the plus to make sure i can get everything

any info would be great, thanks guys

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
Hi Guys,

travelling in october got a question... never used photopass cd before as never really thought of buying many pictures however as this is our honeymoon trip i thought we would be having alot more piccys done with the photopass photographers so the cd will be worth the money.

but my questions are:-

do you need to preorder this? ive heard people preordering it, will their be plenty in the park to obtain one? preordering saves you money, see below

do i buy the cd on the first day or once i have collected all the pics throughout the stay? You add the CD to your cart AFTER your trip. You can add borders and signatures to your pics. see first link below for more info.

if you have any links to more info on the photopass cd that would be amazing as im prettry in the dark about it.

does the photopass cd include all pics you have taken by photopass CM i know it excludes ride photos and dining meals pictures so im contemplating paying for the plus to make sure i can get everything

any info would be great, thanks guys
Start here...

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Some FAQ and info about Photopass PLUS...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disney...50650931518325

The regular Photopass preorder link (saves you $50)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

The Photopass PLUS preorder link (saves you $30)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

Feel free to ask any additional questions!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

the advantage of pre-order is a discount. However, I"m not sure there is still a discount on the PhotoPass Plus. I've bought the photopass several times...this year I pre-ordered the photopass plus, just because of the ride photos and restaurants....it will actually save us money.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Websites are hard for me to understand but this video explained it all perfectly I me! I found it on YouTube yesterday! Preordered this morning! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHPE...93HxeRkD456VJg
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva
the advantage of pre-order is a discount. However, I"m not sure there is still a discount on the PhotoPass Plus. I've bought the photopass several times...this year I pre-ordered the photopass plus, just because of the ride photos and restaurants....it will actually save us money.
There is still the Plus Pre order discount, as well as the regular PP Pre order discount.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Yes definitely preorder if you plan on getting either card! Saves money!!!
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
Nanny2004
Mouseketeer

Is there such a thing as ordering too soon?

I am thinking of getting the photo pass + for my trip in late February 2013. Is it too soon to preorder? Does the voucher have an expiration date?

Nanny2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
laurba99
Earning My Ears

I wish I had known to pre-order-it is much pricier after and if you take lots of photos like we did you will want the whole CD. Each monday though the photopass site does post new discounts. I am hoping that this coming Monday they post another $15 off photopass CD. I saw it when I first got home and didn't realize the discounts on the site change weekly (each monday morning (I just called) they post new discounts)
laurba99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny2004 View Post
I am thinking of getting the photo pass + for my trip in late February 2013. Is it too soon to preorder? Does the voucher have an expiration date?
I'm wondering this too. Anyone know?
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh314

I'm wondering this too. Anyone know?
As far as I know, there is no expiration. When we got ours for our August trip, we could have used it for our December trip.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Also, to the OP, if you're thinking of getting it preorder it. You'll save money and you won't regret having all those pics.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
Lynnp
Earning My Ears

I am planning on getting photopass+ for my next trip but was kinda bummed hat you only get 1 card. I found this tip on thmouseforless....has anyone tried this or heard of it working?

"Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!"
Lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnp
I am planning on getting photopass+ for my next trip but was kinda bummed hat you only get 1 card. I found this tip on thmouseforless....has anyone tried this or heard of it working?

"Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!"
A PP cast member posted here and said that was not to be done. It was a thread citing that same Mouse forLess item. Some people argued and said the PP people (on the phone I think) told them it was ok. So I don't know the answer, but the photographer that posted here was quite adamant about it not being allowed from what I recall.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

when we used the plus in Aug, i just had them get number of ride photo and then went back to the ride and added photo. i did th same day but have heard that it can be done the next day. all ride photos were there.
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
Lynnp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
A PP cast member posted here and said that was not to be done. It was a thread citing that same Mouse forLess item. Some people argued and said the PP people (on the phone I think) told them it was ok. So I don't know the answer, but the photographer that posted here was quite adamant about it not being allowed from what I recall.
Thanks. I must have missed that post. I thought there ws a good chance it was a no-no. You wouldn't want it too easy to share accounts.
Lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: