Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #796
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

It was great to see you at CRT and I look forward to seeing you and Em again in Feb!! I had no idea that you could get a retake on the photo. I really wish I'd asked for one because our first one was terrible. The shadows were very strange and it looked like Eilee and I had giant beehive hairdos! Our food was ok when we went but we loved the atmosphere and the princesses so it was worth it!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #797
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Hey Brenda -- Just popping in to let you know that I am thinking of you today!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #798
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Popping in for a few notes before we leave tonight....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great review and photos with the princesses. Yet another place we've never eaten.

I'll PM you when I get the TR started.
Thanks Kathy! I loved the first few photos you posted for your latest TR. You are such a legend around here that by the time I subscribed only hours after you started your review I was post # 38 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hi Brenda!

First - I hope all goes well with your son's deployment. Here's to wishing him a safe return back to the states and an uneventful deployment.

We were at CRT for dinner on our vacation (I can't believe we have been back for almost a week!!) It was by far the best family meal on our vacation. The food was good (nothing amazing) however the characters, process and our server were amazing! This is now a staple for every trip - however I think we are going to try for breakfast next time. The castle was pretty dark at night. It looks like as always you had a great time and sounds like a perfect "last meal" at Disney!
Hi there! I'm glad that you had a great family experience there. This is becoming somewhat of a tradition for us as well since we will have our 3rd last meal of the trip at CRT soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Aww say it ain't so - this CAN'T be the last meal of your review

Two choices

A) I convince my boss I have to got to LA for "work" again

OR

B) you are in WDW the first two weeks of Dec 2013!

Ha ha - both are unlikely but either way your reviews are awesome and I look forward to the next batch
Awww thanks Linda! Hmmm.. either plan A or plan B would benefit me to see you again. Are you not going during F&W next year?? Hmm... you never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I love Michael's Green Bay shirt and the mice in the castle. I did not know there were mice on the ledge. How cute.

Good luck in Texas!
Yes, my hubby the Packer fan. I think he knew the Tracy was a Packer fan so he wanted to sport the team colors!

Given the mice are somewhat out of sight I wonder what other Cinderella themed artifacts are there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersette View Post
I agree! At least there's Belle, in her sweet little, simple little blue dress. I guess that hoop from the ballroom dress could take out a couple of diners if she wasn't careful.

Great, delicious reviews!!!
Oh my.. now I am picturing Belle wiping out a couple little ones with her ball gown.

Thanks Jersette for reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
It was great to see you at CRT and I look forward to seeing you and Em again in Feb!! I had no idea that you could get a retake on the photo. I really wish I'd asked for one because our first one was terrible. The shadows were very strange and it looked like Eilee and I had giant beehive hairdos! Our food was ok when we went but we loved the atmosphere and the princesses so it was worth it!
I am definitely looking forward to seeing you again!

Maybe the photo people felt so bad for us since Michael took a really lousy photo! I liked the first one. Just saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Hey Brenda -- Just popping in to let you know that I am thinking of you today!
Kathy - thank you so very much. I sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness! I am waiting for Michael to get home from work and then we are heading to LAX.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #799
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Good luck to your son! Praying for all of you during this time! I have a friend who has a son that will be shipped out right after Christmas.

They have MAJORLY changed the menu since our 2010 trip to CRT. I had the stuffed french toast but it didn't look ANYTHING like that! Do you mind me sharing?

Again… another meal I *thought* I'd be okay with skipping.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #800
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of your reviews! I'm not much of a commenter, more of a lurker, but I enjoyed reading about all your experiences (except maybe the Brown Derby!) and seeing your photos. I hope you have a great visit with your son and a merry Christmas!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #801
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! Even though it's been a few weeks since I last posted on this site (it's been a challenging semester, and final exams are wrapping up this week), I had to pop by to say I'm still loving the report. Too bad it's almost over - this has been such an awesome collection of reviews, DIS meets, and fun stories. Also, I hope yesterday went well - it's great that you've gotten to spend some time with your son recently, and I'm praying for his safe return.

Wish I had time to write more (since there's so much more to say - for starters, HBD is off my list for a while ), but finals are calling me.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #802
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Hi Brenda! Even though it's been a few weeks since I last posted on this site (it's been a challenging semester, and final exams are wrapping up this week), I had to pop by to say I'm still loving the report. Too bad it's almost over - this has been such an awesome collection of reviews, DIS meets, and fun stories. Also, I hope yesterday went well - it's great that you've gotten to spend some time with your son recently, and I'm praying for his safe return.

Wish I had time to write more (since there's so much more to say - for starters, HBD is off my list for a while ), but finals are calling me.
There you are DDW! I was just telling Brenda that I'm going to WDW in Feb for the 1/2 marathon and I just made a reservation for a party of 1 at Jiko on my first night there...and it's all your fault due to your wonderful reviews. I can't wait! I'll bring a little something to read and enjoy a solo dining experience. It's good to see you popping in for a bit and good luck with finals!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #803
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Brenda, just finished catching up and so sad that your review is coming to an end. Hopefully you are planning another trip soon!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #804
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Your breakfast at CRT looked like a lovely way to end your trip! A magical memory!

Wishing your DS the best on his deployment. My prayers are with him and your family~ his service is very much appreciated!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #805
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Aww... I missed the end of your dining report. It sounds like the trip ended with some great meals! I am sorry you were too full to enjoy Citrico's! It has some great food options!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #806
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
There you are DDW! I was just telling Brenda that I'm going to WDW in Feb for the 1/2 marathon and I just made a reservation for a party of 1 at Jiko on my first night there...and it's all your fault due to your wonderful reviews. I can't wait! I'll bring a little something to read and enjoy a solo dining experience. It's good to see you popping in for a bit and good luck with finals!
Yep, I'm still here! Between schoolwork and other college stuff, I don't get to spend as much time on this site. But that's okay - it's fun to pop by and skim some updates.

I hope you have a great meal at Jiko! It's probably the WDW restaurant that I'm missing most right now. Plus, bringing something to read sounds like a great way to enjoy a pleasant, relaxing solo meal.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #807
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Awww thanks Linda! Hmmm.. either plan A or plan B would benefit me to see you again. Are you not going during F&W next year?? Hmm... you never know...
We're going to miss F&W next year
We are going to be out there the first two weeks of December so it will be a trip full of Christmas cheer
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #808
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Emmysmommy,

Once again, I just LOVED your dining reviews! You must be so proud of your wonderful family!

It was great to see you enjoying so many of our favorite places!

Great job! I look forward to your next reviews!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #809
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Good luck to your son! Praying for all of you during this time! I have a friend who has a son that will be shipped out right after Christmas.

They have MAJORLY changed the menu since our 2010 trip to CRT. I had the stuffed french toast but it didn't look ANYTHING like that! Do you mind me sharing?

Again& another meal I *thought* I'd be okay with skipping.
Thanks so much Christen for the well wishes.

I have to say that THAT stuffed french toast looks better than the version that I have ordered. It looks more like the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454 View Post
Thank you for all of your reviews! I'm not much of a commenter, more of a lurker, but I enjoyed reading about all your experiences (except maybe the Brown Derby!) and seeing your photos. I hope you have a great visit with your son and a merry Christmas!
Hi there nfggirl! Thanks for reading and being a non-lurker now! I really appreciate your kind words and yes, we had an awesome time with our son the last few days!! Wishing you all the best this Christmas as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post

THERE YOU ARE MR. DDW!!!! Glad to see you are still around the DisBoards however infrequent!!! Sorry for the challenging semester but all that hard work will pay off when you are the CEO of some multi-national corporation!!

Thanks for your thoughful words - it is appreciated! The last few days with our son were pretty wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Brenda, just finished catching up and so sad that your review is coming to an end. Hopefully you are planning another trip soon!
Hi Rachel! Thanks for hanging in there and continuing to read as this thing drags on! Yes, another trip is in the works.... more on that in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Your breakfast at CRT looked like a lovely way to end your trip! A magical memory!

Wishing your DS the best on his deployment. My prayers are with him and your family~ his service is very much appreciated!
Hi minniebeth! You are so right - CRT is a great last meal of the trip to create magical memories.

Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Aww... I missed the end of your dining report. It sounds like the trip ended with some great meals! I am sorry you were too full to enjoy Citrico's! It has some great food options!
Hi Paula! I'm so far behind with everyone's reviews but I promise to get caught up this week!

Next time I vow to not let lousy meal planning get the better of me so I can enjoy Citricos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We're going to miss F&W next year
We are going to be out there the first two weeks of December so it will be a trip full of Christmas cheer
What a great time of the year to go to WDW in early December!!! How wonderful! There's always F&W in 2014.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #810
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Emmysmommy,

Once again, I just LOVED your dining reviews! You must be so proud of your wonderful family!

It was great to see you enjoying so many of our favorite places!

Great job! I look forward to your next reviews!
Awww thanks! I remember your reviews from last summer were pretty awesome yourself!!

Looks like you will be back at WDW pretty soon....

Thanks for your kind words!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: