Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #706
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #707
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I am trying daily for an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. OUr trip is in 17 days. I WAS able to score a last minute pre-park opening CRT ADR so there IS still hope.
I wish you all the luck with getting that ADR! CRT is still quite impressive too! You are so close to your trip, how very exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznhal View Post
What great advice....for boards and for life!

On a kindof related note, my husband and I were at laguardia airport in New York City this summer and a rat was hanging out by the snack machine at our gate!! No one else seemed to notice so I told a woman traveling with two kids (kids were sitting on the floor). Her reply was "ya, we see him here a lot". I told my sister about it when I got home and she said she had seen a rat at the same gate when she was there last November!?!?

I was appalled, but after reading Brenda's take on a similar situation I am finding the humor in mine ha!

Great reviews!!

Hi there! Thanks so much! I know at the time these things can be less than funny but our attitude after can make a difference. Take care and thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am drooling looking at my favorite...puffed French toast. So happy to see it on your plate.

Great pictures with the characters.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Kathy! You are a fellow puffed french toast lover too!!! They seriously need to put two stations of puffed french toast in the buffet because I always feel so bad pushing the little kids out of my way when I go to the kid station where they serve these wonderful nuggets of deliciousness! (j/k if anyone thinks I'm serious! I don't want to give ammo to start another drama.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Mmm, wish I could have puffed French toast to kick off my day today!

Happy Thanksgiving by the way
Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes Linda!! I would love some puffed french toast about now my friend! Instead, it will likely be a slice of toast over the sink as I try to clean my kitchen and stage it for the chaos to come later today around 3pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.
Thank you so much Kathy!! This is adorable and absolutely perfect for today! Wishing you and your family a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving as well.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #708
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

If I may add the other side to the Crystal Palace DIS Meet....

It was our DD's 8th Birthday and we had an 8.45am reservation for breakfast. We were seated on time at a window seat. DD and myself went straight off to join the queue for an omlette.

When we arrived back at the table with

[IMG][/IMG]

my shiney new husband jokingly informed me that I probably knew the people at the next table because they were taking photos of their food. I just laughed and said probably and tucked into my omlette.

A few minutes later, there was movement at aforementioned tabled and a gentleman moved position and lo and behold I spot Emily and then Barbara.

I of course jumped straight up and introduced myself.

As you can see, we were sat right next to each other

[IMG][/IMG]

We were presented with the usual celebratory cupcakes for DDs birthday and our wedding.

[IMG][/IMG]

And we all were wearing our matching shirts for DDs birthday. I think they made us hard to miss!

[IMG][/IMG]

Later, that night, when we were watching the Magic and Memories pictures on the castle, they projected a picture of Brenda and Emily.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #709
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I am SOO Happy I did not see your HBD review before we went on our trip! We would have skipped it! Your server hopefully was just having an off night, but if he is always like that then he really needs to be demoted!

I love donuts and I love french toast... I just don't understand the puffed french toast I guess I am the only one though!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #710
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
If I may add the other side to the Crystal Palace DIS Meet....
It was our DD's 8th Birthday and we had an 8.45am reservation for breakfast. We were seated on time at a window seat. DD and myself went straight off to join the queue for an omlette.

When we arrived back at the table with

[IMG][/IMG]

my shiney new husband jokingly informed me that I probably knew the people at the next table because they were taking photos of their food. I just laughed and said probably and tucked into my omlette.

A few minutes later, there was movement at aforementioned tabled and a gentleman moved position and lo and behold I spot Emily and then Barbara.

I of course jumped straight up and introduced myself.

As you can see, we were sat right next to each other

[IMG][/IMG]

We were presented with the usual celebratory cupcakes for DDs birthday and our wedding.

[IMG][/IMG]

And we all were wearing our matching shirts for DDs birthday. I think they made us hard to miss!

[IMG][/IMG]

Later, that night, when we were watching the Magic and Memories pictures on the castle, they projected a picture of Brenda and Emily.
Marie, thanks so much for sharing your CP experience. I'm so glad that you recognized Em and that your hubby is quite perceptive and noticed me taking photos of the food!! I did notice that you had matching shirts when I went back and looked at my other photos. I didn't know that you were celebrating your DD's b-day - what a special way to celebrate with Pooh and his friends. Again, I'm so glad that we were able to meet.

I think I would have flipped out if I'd of seen the Magic Memories and You with our photo on the castle! That's cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I am SOO Happy I did not see your HBD review before we went on our trip! We would have skipped it! Your server hopefully was just having an off night, but if he is always like that then he really needs to be demoted!

I love donuts and I love french toast... I just don't understand the puffed french toast I guess I am the only one though!
I'm glad you didn't see it earlier either Paula!

Ok, maybe you are in the minority for NOT being a puffed french toast but we like you anyway!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #711
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I read the whole thing, and now am starving!! I have to say, you remind me of my mom and my aunt. They're both the type to say "don't you want dessert?" aka "please order dessert so I can share it with you."
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #712
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
I read the whole thing, and now am starving!! I have to say, you remind me of my mom and my aunt. They're both the type to say "don't you want dessert?" aka "please order dessert so I can share it with you."
Hi there afnaechiquita! Thanks for reading the entire thing! Yes, I'm GUILTY as described. If I can coax someone into ordering what I want (even if full) I can at least take a bite of theirs. So annoying I'm sure! DH does tell me get my own at times and then sanity briefly returns.

Thanks again for stopping by!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #713
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Brenda, I have been off the Dis for a few days with the flu so I am responding late to an issue that is already over but I wanted to be sure to post my two cents. You are absolutely one of the best reviewers on the Dis and anyone who doubts you needs needs to read more than just one review before they make nasty comments.

Ok, two cents put in, now on to the food... I admit I am not 'in love' with CP although the puffed french toast is yummy. I want to love it and just don't. Make someday when I get to take Andrew's kiddos I will feel different!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #714
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'm home…

But, that means I can get caught up here… and can I just say WTHECK with the HBD night? But way to keep your head held high with the stuff on the thread… some people…….

I'd love to try Crystal Palace one day… if ONLY for the early entry! HA! I'm not a huge fan of Pooh, but Catie sleeps with a medium sized Pooh every night. We had breakfast at 1900 and she was scared but you could tell she WANTED to love that Pooh! Bless her heart! Next trip, she will be ready to play with the big toys!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #715
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I have to say, I'm really not a buffet person (so naturally Eilee isn't either because I never let her go to any! ) but I have to say that the buffet at CP really looks great! There are plenty of items there that I would enjoy and the characters look very fun too. You got some great pictures! I need to try some of that puffed french toast.

I love that you had an impromptu DISmeet with pinkgirl as well. It's funny that you were literally seated right next to each other. I think DISmeets make the trip even more fun! (Especially if Grey Goose slushies are involved!).

When we decorate our store for the holidays our visual team has to come in at store close and work into the night to have it ready for the next morning. I can't imagine how many people they must have to get the entire MK ready overnight! It's magic!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #716
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Brenda, I have been off the Dis for a few days with the flu so I am responding late to an issue that is already over but I wanted to be sure to post my two cents. You are absolutely one of the best reviewers on the Dis and anyone who doubts you needs needs to read more than just one review before they make nasty comments.

Ok, two cents put in, now on to the food... I admit I am not 'in love' with CP although the puffed french toast is yummy. I want to love it and just don't. Make someday when I get to take Andrew's kiddos I will feel different!
Hi Vicki! I hope you are feeling better by now... not a great time to be ill with the long holiday weekend and all. Thanks for your kind comments!

I would agree that dining at CP with little ones would be a different experience watching them enjoy the characters. The more we go to WDW the more I don't want to do buffets - except for CP!

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I'm home…

But, that means I can get caught up here… and can I just say WTHECK with the HBD night? But way to keep your head held high with the stuff on the thread… some people…….

I'd love to try Crystal Palace one day… if ONLY for the early entry! HA! I'm not a huge fan of Pooh, but Catie sleeps with a medium sized Pooh every night. We had breakfast at 1900 and she was scared but you could tell she WANTED to love that Pooh! Bless her heart! Next trip, she will be ready to play with the big toys!
Hi Christen! Welcome home.

Awww the big Pooh could be a bit scary. Did you like 1900? We haven't been there in a couple of trips but I do love similar characters to CP. Em was a Mad Hatter lover so that was an added bonus. I was so glad that you posted photos on your FB throughout the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I have to say, I'm really not a buffet person (so naturally Eilee isn't either because I never let her go to any! ) but I have to say that the buffet at CP really looks great! There are plenty of items there that I would enjoy and the characters look very fun too. You got some great pictures! I need to try some of that puffed french toast.

I love that you had an impromptu DISmeet with pinkgirl as well. It's funny that you were literally seated right next to each other. I think DISmeets make the trip even more fun! (Especially if Grey Goose slushies are involved!).

When we decorate our store for the holidays our visual team has to come in at store close and work into the night to have it ready for the next morning. I can't imagine how many people they must have to get the entire MK ready overnight! It's magic!
Hi Tracy! Yes, such a coincidence that Pinkgirl was right behind us! Glad it worked out.

Someone shared You Tube video with me on FB regarding the transformation of the park from Halloween to Christmas. It is fascinating to watch the time lapse video. See here.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #717
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Plaza Restaurant Lunch

This was our 2nd time eating lunch at Plaza Restaurant and it will likely not be our last! We had a 1:45 ADR which we hoped would be enough time to digest our breakfast from CP.

After we checked in and were waiting with our pager, we were entertained by a family of three that wanted to be seated without a reservation. Uh yeah, we’ll just step aside for you because you want to eat NOW! (They eventually walked away without even a thank you!)

Once we were seated and reviewing the menus I really thought I would talk Emily into splitting a burger but that didn’t work out – she was hungry enough to eat her own entrée. Michael wasn’t about to split something with me. Bummer for me!

Inside of Restaurant:

Drinks:

Em and I both ordered burgers with fries while Michael chose the turkey sandwich with home-made chips. All sandwiches are served with your choice of broccoli slaw, home-made chips or fries. The burger options include bacon, grilled mushrooms, and grilled onion if desired. The cheese choices for the burgers are Cheddar, American, and Swiss. (Swiss is not listed as a choice on the menu for the burgers but it is an option since there are other sandwiches that offer Swiss as a cheese option.)

Em's Angus Chuck Cheeseburger; Served on a flour dusted Kaiser roll topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and Swiss cheese: $13.99

My Angus Chuck Cheeseburger, No cheese, grilled onion, and bacon: $13.99

Grilled Mushrooms on side:

Turkey Sandwich; Smoked Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, on Toasted Multi-Grain Bread with home-made chips: $11.49

Condiments:

Seeing as how this was the second time that I have ordered a burger I basically knew what to expect. This burger didn’t disappoint! I cut it in half to show how it was perfectly cooked. I asked for the grilled mushrooms on the side since they tend to make the burger too soggy for my tastes. I seriously could have eaten a side of just the mushrooms and been happy. The bacon was perfectly cooked as well. Overall, it was a very good burger.
Now for the fries….. I’ve raved before and I’ll sing their praises again… Oh so good!!

Burger cut in half:

Michael liked his turkey sandwich and thought the chips were very good. Em had a few and agreed!

Dessert is a must do at this place! Em ordered a banana split while Michael opted for a root beer float. I passed since I had already consumed more than I could handle with the burger and fries.

Rootbeer Float

Banana Split with nuts and pineapple sauce on the side:

The service was really good – our server Heather did a great job. The bill with the $11.63 TiW discount was $59.99.

Menu:

Next Up: Artist Point
Old 11-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #718
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We love the Plaza for all of the reasons you describe above. For a burger (or sandwich) and fries in a glorious setting, a respite from the hubbub of Magic Kingdom, it is a great deal for in-park dining.

I was disappointed with dessert last time we ate there - it was apple charlotte and it had that 'reheated in the microwave' taste. The giveaway was how incredibly piping hot it was. Still, it wouldn't put me off eating there again. I would love to try one of those banana splits
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #719
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I really love The Plaza! Haven't tried the burger though ... it looked great! We were supposed to eat there the night we were "lucky" enough to get into BOG. Your review (and hindsight!) make me wish that we had!

Can't wait for AP!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #720
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Plaza is my favorite place to eat in Magic Kingdom. It is an ADR's for the trip in February and a great value. It's excellent food at a better value than Counter Service. Glad you really enjoyed that place.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: