Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #691
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

How well put. What could you have done? I would have so been up on that booth with your mom. At the end of the day laughing at bad situations beats getting upset over a problem you have no control over. Bless your hearts for being so kind to the restaurant manager. I am sure after dinner service pest control would be called in to take care of Remy's buddy. I can not imagine hurting the rat while little children are in room. Most little ones love Remy and I feel kids might think this was Remy.

Have a nice Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustEmmy View Post
Hi there everybody! This is Brenda's daughter, Emily.

Trust me, there was indeed a rat. I first noticed that something had gone awry when I heard the table to our right complaining about something to their server (At the time, I didn't know what about). The server left, and a young girl at the table mentioned something about a "it [having] a furry white belly." In hindsight, I can totally se that the poor kids at the table were definitely a little anxious. However, there was no exuberant panic from the table, and their server didn't return for quite a while, so I didn't think anything of it... Until we heard fifteen teenage girls screaming from the middle of the room and crying, "A rat! A rat!" That's when my mom jumped up on the booth and had an expression that looked like... well, a scared little mouse. Hehe. Then the table next to us finally told us that they had seen a rat and didn't want to cause a commotion by announcing it to the entire restaurant. My mom also brought it up to our server on our way out and he, with little enthusiasm (although at that point in the evening I don't blame him), told us that the staff had known for about thirty minutes. When we talked to the manager, the woman who had been at the table next to us and had been the first to notice the rat was right behind us in line for her turn. Here's the kicker: she managed and owned multiple restaurants!

Really, when things go THAT wrong, you've just gotta laugh at the end of the evening! It's a bit like dinner and a show, really.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #692
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Believe it! Take the time to read her other dining reviews. The OP is a very well traveled woman who I imagine has dined in a few nice restarants during her travels. Emmysmommy writes some of the best Disney dining reviews I have ever read. I trust her reviews about her experiences at the Restaurants of WDW. I know from reading her reviews she is a very gentle, kind soul. She very seldom complains about service, food served, or comfort drinks she orders. During this dining "adventure" I give her credit for actually staying, not sending dishes back, and then paying for their meals. Please give her the credit for writing a true and honest review. She acted a True Lady.

I hope Kaspars reads this ---

You must be in my time zone.. however late it is.. thanks for your kind words. You are very gracious.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #693
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks JustEmmy! You are too kind! (And cute! Ha!)

Ok moving on.... I will be posting my Crystal Palace review tomorrow (actually later today since it's past my bedtime!) And yes... I'm looking forward to sharing another Dismeet. (Sorry Marie, I keep putting you off!)
Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #694
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And now for the fun part.... Actually, I appreciate that you can voice your opinion here....Thanks to those that had positive and supporting comments. I typically ignore caustic remarks and don't care to get sucked into debates so I will comment where appropriate and thank those of you for any kind remarks.
And this one paragraph sums up why we all love you and your fab dining reviews Brenda
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #695
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Emmysmommy- when I read your HBD review, I never doubted your experience. Many of us feel the same way. OK-I know you said we had to move on and I don't usually get sucked into debates( as you can see I don't post much)- but felt strongly that I needed to say something.

krhst25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #696
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I have no doubt about the rat story. In fact, we saw one too in 2012, at Fantasia Gardens minigolf. It was huge. Of course, being outside it wasn't all that disturbing, these critters are everywhere. However, seeing one in a dining room of an upscale restaurant is really troubling.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #697
partyof2
Colette

Oh Brenda is it terrible that I had to laugh at your HBD experience!?

I actually laughed aloud at the manager's comment that he had to buy some rat traps.

I'm glad your brave enough to stand up for yourself in regards to bad service and that you kept your cool. I'm also glad to hear you're willing to give the restaurant another chance, I'm not sure I would be so gracious.

I was genuinely surprised that they didn't comp the whole meal the first time you spoke with the manager.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #698
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
And this one paragraph sums up why we all love you and your fab dining reviews Brenda
Awww Linda! Thanks sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
Emmysmommy- when I read your HBD review, I never doubted your experience. Many of us feel the same way. OK-I know you said we had to move on and I don't usually get sucked into debates( as you can see I don't post much)- but felt strongly that I needed to say something.
Thanks Krhst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Yeah, I have no doubt about the rat story. In fact, we saw one too in 2012, at Fantasia Gardens minigolf. It was huge. Of course, being outside it wasn't all that disturbing, these critters are everywhere. However, seeing one in a dining room of an upscale restaurant is really troubling.
Hi there! Heck maybe the rats heard the food is good at HBD - maybe they go for the food!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Oh Brenda is it terrible that I had to laugh at your HBD experience!?

I actually laughed aloud at the manager's comment that he had to buy some rat traps.

I'm glad your brave enough to stand up for yourself in regards to bad service and that you kept your cool. I'm also glad to hear you're willing to give the restaurant another chance, I'm not sure I would be so gracious.

I was genuinely surprised that they didn't comp the whole meal the first time you spoke with the manager.
No worries, we can laugh together now!! The poor manager had a tough job that evening! I'm glad we could share a moment to laugh because that really was a hilarious comment he made. Definitely broke the tension. Thanks for reading!!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #699
jabead
DIS Veteran

Holy moly, Ratman...uh, I mean Batman! I forget to check your thread for a few days and all "you know what" breaks loose...including the vermin (both rats and trolls ). Even though I already knew what was coming with your HBD review, it still makes me go...

Yep, that's all I have to say about that.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #700
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

And now... presenting my over due Crystal Palace Breakfast review!!

Even if no one else in my family is as thrilled to dine with Pooh and his pals with the added bonus of puffed French toast, I will still book this restaurant in the hopes that I can convert them!

With an 8:15am ADR that meant that we were entering the park and walking down Main Street before the park opened. The park had been transformed overnight with the Halloween/fall decorations.

Our compulsory Main Street photo:

We checked in and had a short wait before we were seated at a table to the left of the restaurant by the front windows. Our server, Sue, came around quickly to get our drink orders. With that we were free to peruse the buffet.

So many buffet options!

Starting with my favorite!

I think I would be happy to just have the puffed French toast and some Mickey waffles; however, throw in some eggs and fresh fruit and I will at least feel like I have had a well-rounded meal – carbs, sugar, and protein!

Since I adhere to a one and done philosophy with the buffet I took one pass to get what I wanted and then sat down. My plates had scrambled eggs, some potato casserole, 1 Mickey waffle, some puffed French toast, fresh fruit, a bowl of fruit lasagna, a cinnamon roll, and a slice of butter crumb cake. Everything was delicious! There is an omelet bar but I didn’t feel like waiting in the line. Although I know they rotate the menu I only noticed a few changes from the last time we were there; there were no donut holes and the butter crumb cake had replaced the wonderful raspberry cream cake.

Michael was particularly excited over the smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. Em’s plate pretty much looked like mine but she also loves to have cereal and yogurt. Our server did a great job clearing our dishes and making sure we had drink refills.

Since the characters are the highlight of this dining experience, I was thrilled to see that my favorite, Tigger, was first. Em and I posed for photos.

Soon after we had been seated when Michael got up from his seat, a Diser noticed Emily and came over to introduce herself! How exciting to meet Pinkgirl (Marie) who was dining with her new husband and daughter – they had just married and were honeymooning at WDW! She was even wearing bridal Mickey ears! She showed me one of her wedding photos with her beautiful gown – so beautiful! Yay for Dismeet #5! I texted Jabead (Barb) and she posted this Dismeet on her dining thread.

Pinkgirl and Emmysmommy!!

Eeyore, Pooh, and Piglet all made appearances at our table and we posed with all of them as well.

I had eaten all I could, posed with all the characters, and had another random Dismeet, I think it was a successful meal!

The bill with the TiW discount was $71.18 that included $13.79 in savings.

Next Up: Plaza Restaurant

Last edited by emmysmommy; 11-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #701
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Holy moly, Ratman...uh, I mean Batman! I forget to check your thread for a few days and all "you know what" breaks loose...including the vermin (both rats and trolls ). Even though I already knew what was coming with your HBD review, it still makes me go...

Yep, that's all I have to say about that.
Hi Barb!!! You are so funny!!! I believe you were the first to identify the vermin as a wayward Remy when I shared my video clip with you some time ago!!! Glad to see you dropping by!

I wish you and your lovely family all the best for Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #702
ksromack
DIS Veteran

I am trying daily for an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. OUr trip is in 17 days. I WAS able to score a last minute pre-park opening CRT ADR so there IS still hope.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #703
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And now for the fun part.... Actually, I appreciate that you can voice your opinion here....Thanks to those that had positive and supporting comments. I typically ignore caustic remarks and don't care to get sucked into debates so I will comment where appropriate and thank those of you for any kind remarks
What great advice....for boards and for life!

On a kindof related note, my husband and I were at laguardia airport in New York City this summer and a rat was hanging out by the snack machine at our gate!! No one else seemed to notice so I told a woman traveling with two kids (kids were sitting on the floor). Her reply was "ya, we see him here a lot". I told my sister about it when I got home and she said she had seen a rat at the same gate when she was there last November!?!?

I was appalled, but after reading Brenda's take on a similar situation I am finding the humor in mine ha!

Great reviews!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #704
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am drooling looking at my favorite...puffed French toast. So happy to see it on your plate.

Great pictures with the characters.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #705
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Mmm, wish I could have puffed French toast to kick off my day today!

Happy Thanksgiving by the way
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: