Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

My husband and MIL have been doing most of the planning for our Christmas trip to WDW. It's only now that I've had a chance to really sit down and research (thanks mainly to this board ).
patriciaofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #32
dangdang18
Earning My Ears

I do

I have been doing all the planning and will have to do all the driving also but mu husband will be spending the money
dangdang18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
naomi78155
SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

I do 100% of the planning, organizing, packing, etc...And I love it !
Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

I do all of the planning for our trips, it would be hard to leave this up to anyone else. I will give assignments to DH and DD like "pick the restaurants you would like to visit". The project manager in me just finds it too hard to relinquish the work! It's fun when a trip is over and everyone says, wow, we did everything we wanted to do and then some.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We both plan for trips. Both of us work on park plans, dining wants, etc, and we talk about it and decide what we're going to do. Whoever has time does the booking when we're ready. I let DH figure out our budget, though. If we disagree on something, he will almost always let me have my way, that's just how he is.

ETA: i pack my stuff, he packs for himself and the kids after he does laundry before the trip, and he packs the van.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #36
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

I do everything. Wife likes to relax, she never even comes to the boards. I handle booking, ADRs , plane tickets everything. I love it though!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Most definitely me!

I do all of the work - stress about all of the decisions. I wouldn't have it any other way now - I love disney planning!

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Ashlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

This will be our 4th Disney trip (see signature) and other than asking my wife where she might want to eat, I've handled 100% of the planning for all of our trips. I'm just a lot more detailed about things than she is and when it comes to planning a Disney trip, details matter!!!!
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #39
cat_herder
DIS Veteran
I don't understand what the big deal with a tag is, you can post anything you want there yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I am definitely the planner in my house. My DH is happy to help with packing and will listen to me prattle on about ideas, but in the end it is left to me. I love it though, DWD is definitely my hobby. I love reading and planning for all of our trips.

The reading and planning is part of the fun, the pre-fun. LOL

Oct. 2012 - FW#2009 & MNSSHP
Feb. 22, 2014 - Universal Islands of Adventure & Westgate Town Center Hotel

cat_herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

On our first trip, my older brother was 10 and did all the planning. I'm not even exaggerating. He planned the entire thing down to daily schedules, restaurant reservations, touring plans, etc. and got my parents to book everything according to his plans. I don't remember much of the trip itself (I was very young) but I'm told he did an amazing job.

Last time, I did all the planning, and I'll be doing it again this time around. My brother and I both live for being prepared.
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #41
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
I am the WDW planner in our family. My husband doesn't get involve at all. I am perfectly happy with it that at we I am the bigger Disney enthusiast. Planning is a big part if the fun for me!
this

i literally do all-the planning-packing-unpacking-packing-unpacking again.

my dh happily provides the funds for our trips is the driver and luggage carrier

following a spell in hospital,my dh once brought me a going home bag-which contained no shoes,no underwear and a maternity dress-i was not pregnant!
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
hardrocker1
Earning My Ears

To the poster above who mentioned their dh packing a hospital going-home bag, I laughed right out loud when I read that, thank you for a good belly chuckle!

I'm the wife and once our entire family (us 4, my MIL, and my other 2 in-laws) decided to do Disney this next summer, they all turned and looked at me. I called travel agencies immediately, no way was I going to book and do everything by hand. I got prices and details, gave everyone the info, we decided to go with C travel agency, I do all the speaking to the travel agent, I went and purchased 2 WDW books and am now trying to get everyone's opinions on restaurants so we can make reservations in plenty of time. I also plan our budget, we pay for everything in advance and then I focus on money saving for expenses. I handle all our "bookkeeping".

I will plan pretty much everything from afar and then when we get there, my dh will take over. He is very travel-savvy, being a truck driver for a living. He will pack, carry, load, get us through the airport, rental car, I swear the man can just glance at a map even if he has never been there and memorize it. This will be his second trip to Disney, so he will be in total charge of all our transportation and luggage handling, then he will decide once we get to the parks, our daily schedule. He is very methodical about what we are doing and when.

So we divide things up well. I get us there and he takes over from there.

Blessings, Michelle
hardrocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrocker1 View Post
To the poster above who mentioned their dh packing a hospital going-home bag, I laughed right out loud when I read that, thank you for a good belly chuckle!
michelle,

that would be me!

i can laugh about that now too,but at the time i was not impressed

i'm happy i gave you a good laugh
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #44
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi78155 View Post
I do 100% of the planning, organizing, packing, etc...And I love it !
this is me too

it's totally my domain

we drive to airport then leave the car there whilst on vacation-
dh was wearing his (perscription) sunglassses-which obviously needed to come with us-this was his onlyitem to remember-needless to say-they had their own vacation in a long stay parking lot!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #45
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Me ... The woman, wife, sister, daughter, aunt.

I plan everyone's trips, even though I'm not going on them. I love it though, and do not mind at all.
Duzzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: