Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #16
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

My DH wants nothing to do with the planning. He tells me to give him the itinerary and the dates of when he should request off work. I wanted to show him a photo of the resort I had picked out and he didn't want to be bothered to walk 10 feet to a computer just to take a look at one picture. He'll enjoy the trip when he gets there. He is sure I'll do a good job.

I jokingly asked, "Should I email the request to your boss?" And he replied, "Yeah that would be great."
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
1disneyfanatic
Earning My Ears

For vacations in general, the one who picked the destination does the majority of the planning. Disney is 100% my domain, DH has only been once, I've been about 30 times. In 2009 we took my youngest 2 kids on their first trip (it was also my husband and step-daughters first trip)! I'm currently planning their second trip next summer. I've already booked our hotel, dining plan, selected restaurants, and created my spreadsheet for our July 2013 trip. I've invited the kids to help a little more this time, I want to make sure everyone selects their favorite attractions and shows. My 5 year old daughter watches the planning DVD twice a week. When it comes to packing it definitely is my job to pack all 6 suitcases no matter where we go. I would say women definitely do most of the planning in my house. While the men spend their time doing this
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

All of our trips are planned by me, the mom. We usually have a pretty solid schedule with some time/days left open for free time. If this were left to DH, we would show up an not know where we are staying!

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
Snow Shoe
What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

Well after my wife and I sit down and decide "when to go", it's up to me a to call Member Services at the 11 month window and book our 1 bdrm or larger if other familie members are coming along, villa at our home resort. Since we fly to Disney, I start a spread sheet on airlines, flights, and cost amounts. Within a couple of months, I've picked the airline/flight/cost, show them to my wife and we then pickthe one she wants, and purchase the tickets. Then I call MS to add ME to the reservation. Prior to the 180 mark for making ADR's we will have picked our places to at, and I then call to make all of our reservations. We have gone so many times, we already know howmuch to budget so there's no big discussion here. My wife has packing for Disney down to an art. Usually two days before we leave, she pulls out the luggage and packs everything except meds and the very last items that must go in before zipping the luggage up. Unknown to me, she's been washing, folding and squirrling away all of our Disney clothes. She tells me upon severe penalty, not to touch anything insde the luggage. As far as what we do on what day once at Disney, it's what park do you want to goto today.

Well I would say that we both plan and prepare for our Disney vacation equally. It's just that we both have specific planning jobs to do.

Walt Disney World... been there, done that, GOING BACK!

DLP trip...WOW!!
30th Anniversary trip...DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Family Trip Christmas 2007...Unbelievable!!!
Retiement trip 2008...DL and WDW Outstanding!!!
Snow Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
cat_herder
DIS Veteran
I don't understand what the big deal with a tag is, you can post anything you want there yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelchip10 View Post
I do everything. If my husband attempted any of it we would never go anywhere. I'm much (much!) more organized and less forgetful..lol.

Same here.

My hubby would be happy to sit home forever, but when I suggest going somewhere he is always up for it and will do about 80% of the packing and hauling without complaint. However, he is not a planner. He's just happy to do whatever I suggest.

Oct. 2012 - FW#2009 & MNSSHP
Feb. 22, 2014 - Universal Islands of Adventure & Westgate Town Center Hotel

cat_herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

My wife and I split duties. I usually book the trip, and figure out which parks we are going to on which days (TouringPlans.com) the DW takes over planning ADRs, and getting supplies organized. I have a lot of freedom at work so I do check DisBoards frequently, etc, and we both share ideas and toss what we find. We have a deal, she packs the bags, I load the vehicle and get everything ready for the drive and book the hotels.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32GB using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Last edited by skriegerjr; 01-13-2013 at 09:04 PM.
skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

I am the WDW planner in our family. My husband doesn't get involve at all. I am perfectly happy with it that at we I am the bigger Disney enthusiast. Planning is a big part if the fun for me!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #23
aml3679
Kita's Mom

I do all of the planning and dreaming and making it happen in our home. My DH gets very interested a few weeks out.

We are going next December. We are booked, I have my packing list, I have a budget and a special binder I made. Besides making payments each week to Dreams Unlimited - we are about 1/3 paid, I have been buying a $25 gift card each week to use for tips, drinks and spending money.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

I am definitely the planner in my house. My DH is happy to help with packing and will listen to me prattle on about ideas, but in the end it is left to me. I love it though, DWD is definitely my hobby. I love reading and planning for all of our trips.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
Rhonda922
Freakin Family Guy is Freakin Awesome!
I thoroughly enjoy the Target shopping experience
My boss thinks she is Deleware but she is really more like Texas

I do all the planning and over scheduling (ha-ha) for our vacations. My DH just shows up. He always ends up enjoying everything that I plan. My mom tells me I should do this for a living. Why yes, I'd luv to!

Rhonda922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

TOTALLY me. DH says "plan whatever, tell me where to be when, and I'll carry the crap"

Which works, perfectly!!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
Manga
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909
TOTALLY me. DH says "plan whatever, tell me where to be when, and I'll carry the crap"

Which works, perfectly!!
My husband is the same way! And I love the control and freedom when it comes to Disney planning!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
Kauai4life
Earning My Ears

All me, but I just love it
Kauai4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #29
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Women
I do all the vacation planning, no matter the destination. These days I get other Mom's calling me to confer on their Disney trips Never any Dad's though

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #30
debbiembyrdrowan
Earning My Ears

I am the official planner for all my friends. One of my friends is threatening to just go with
debbiembyrdrowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: