DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
No rude awakening here, funny man Dean!!!!

There was an email about 2 months ago where DVC members were allowed to book up to a category 4a for 649 pp for the last 3 Eastern Canadian cruises out of NYC. Bookings for that discount lasted appx 1 week. We had to fax a copy of our DVC card to DCL.
Good, I was scared for a minute.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #32
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

I don't care anymore what they think.

We've done most of "non-Disney" traveling we want to do (but there are a few trips left on our bucket list! ). But nothing can or ever will compare to WDW for us. We were there last month and are returning in November and we are ecstatic!

Many people in this area return again and again to the Jersey shore every year. And that's great. We just have different taste. Different strokes!

beccasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #33
Barbydoll8
Offical Disney Dork

They don't get it.

I feel sorry for those that "don't get it." We have no kids and are middle aged too. I live in FL about an hour and half away from WDW and I'm DVC and an annual pass holder. My DH hated Disney when we first moved here (even before that) but over time, I've taken him to the dark side.
We both love it. We go for long weekends often and sometimes just for the day. We were annual pass holders at Universal many years ago before it filled up with what I call vomit rides and drunken late night parties. (nothing against that if you are into it though)

Disney is just a magical place with magical people. For the most part, I find the people that go there are different. More homey if that makes sense. I like that.

I say that those that don't get it don't want to. At work, I'm the resident Disney Dork and I laugh when others agree with that statement. It's a proud badge of honor to wear.
Barbydoll8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Really cool stories . As a new member I hope to have some of the great experiences you guys have had .

As for not telling people its just not in my dna I just excited and want to share , idk why people see it as bragging . I am trying to refrain from telling my boss , just cause he seems to count my money . But I will probably slip up there at some point .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #35
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
We have a different problem. We live in Southern California where there are almost 1 million Disneyland annual passholders. Most of our friends and family go at least once a month and sometimes more.
People here treat the Disneyland Resort as a New Yorker would treat Central Park, often going after work to eat dinner or just stroll around.
Many people here have never been to WDW and cannot find a reason to go when Disneyland is in their own back yard.

We usually hear "what's the point it's just like Disneyland". We usually don't bother telling people WDW, we just say Florida.
I have never been to disneyland . I am under the impression that wdw is much diffrent and bigger .

Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
No rude awakening here, funny man Dean!!!!

There was an email about 2 months ago where DVC members were allowed to book up to a category 4a for 649 pp for the last 3 Eastern Canadian cruises out of NYC. Bookings for that discount lasted appx 1 week. We had to fax a copy of our DVC card to DCL.
I so wanted to go on that cruise too . But just took off work a few months before for my first disney cruise . Its perfect leaving from nyc since its only a 40 min ride to thr port . I am hoping they bring back nyc cruise in 2014

Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #37
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

We have one 'young' guy in the department whose always suggesting other places to visit but his suggestions are experiences we've already had - mostly he goes on about beaches. I just smile. His wife is talking about taking the kids to Disney because they're 7 and 5 so already his talking about driving and renting a house. I think he's so hardwired into his beach and European vacations that he's lessening his family's experience so they'll fall into his choices. Whatever. I told him IMO he should stay on property within walking/boating distance of MK but he told me that's too expensive. I mentioned point renting and gave him this and other site info so feel I've done my part towards helping him.

Some are out there looking for that perfect vacation but we've already found it.

Others are trying to get away from kids. I don't have that need. I enjoy the 'show' without the responsibility. Occasionally noise levels cause us to leave the kids behind - which we can do because their not ours = more joy.

I'm another whose always just going to FL - "I have a daughter who lives there." right....

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #38
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

I guess I'm really lucky. My boss's wife is obsessed with Disney so he kind of gets me. Wheneve i leave for vacation he asks me if I'm going to see the mouse and just smiles.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #39
evaready51
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!

Our boys are grown 24 & 29 w/no families of their own & are done w/Disney...DH & I go to Disney twice a year, everyone says we're nuts but to people who love WDW they understand. We pay them no mind and have fun!!
evaready51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #40
nebdisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Several of you have stated it... WDW is a place where you can let go of the stresses of life and just be immersed in the magic for awhile. DH laughs that I get more excited than our kids (DS16, DD11, DD6) when one of our trips approaches. I think he's right! I've come to terms with the fact that it's ok for me to want to escape reality every once in awhile!

Another reason Disney is so special to me is because I lost my mom at age 13 and I can vividly remember 2 trips to Disneyland with her. I can remember having to use the "chicken exit" at Space Mountain at age 6. At age 12 I was brave enough to try Space Mountain, but I also remember my mom squeezing my arm so tight the entire time of the ride. I think of those things every time I take my kids on that ride and I just cherish it!

We have another trip planned for October and I'm beside myself with excitement!

-M
nebdisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #41
job09
Mouseketeer

I just post the pictures of our vacation on facebook no more comments just questions about how they can get DVC!
job09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #42
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

I'm just looking forward to the day the kids leave the nest and DW and I can do Disney on our own.

2006 - Disneyland
March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge / Disney Magic
November 2009 - AKV / BLT / Disney Magic
March 2013 - AKV Kidani / BLT
RookieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #43
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Why wait? We leave our kids at home every once in a blue moon. Thank goodness for grandparents!
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #44
RookieMouse
Mouseketeer

If only that was an option. The only grandparent left is my dad and he's 81.

2006 - Disneyland
March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge / Disney Magic
November 2009 - AKV / BLT / Disney Magic
March 2013 - AKV Kidani / BLT
RookieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #45
EdnaMode
Earning My Ears

DH and I go to Disney without the kids quite a bit. Usually for every vacation we take them there, we go back just the 2 of us. I always have people give me funny looks and ask why we would go without the kids. My answer is: I go to have fun! They are there once a year with us and it is great but it is A LOT of work with 2 little ones. When it's just DH and me- it's relaxing! I love my grown up Disney Trips!

OH and nope I do not feel badly or guilty about leaving them home! (I get that question too!!!) they go every year!!

EdnaMode is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: