DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

When we lived back north, we would come down once a year. FW, original Tree Houses, original Vacation Villas were our choices. Once we moved down it was Value Resorts until kids were gone and we bought DVC in '97.

Started going 4 and 5 times a year and people started questioning our sanity.

We never took offense when questioned and gladly told them how happy we were and that there was so much more than just characters and we knew we would have no problems with the accommodations or transportation or dining or entertainment or services or things happening that might ruin our vacation, reverse psychology. We would also explain that we had no need to see the country or the world at that time.

We have since sold our contracts and have a motor home now so we visit FW 5 to 8 times a year plus we go to other campgrounds. We do not camp but consider our campground visits as RVing especially since our motor home has everything our house has only with one and a half bathrooms instead of two and a half bathrooms.

Having a love for Disney is not for everyone and I fault no one because they might not understand but acting snooty or what have you back at the person can not be a good thing when trying to show your enjoyment for The Mouse.

Another trip later this month for ToT 10 miler then December for the "season" visit and January for Marathon Weekend and on & on & on....
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
TheWho
DIS Veteran
preachin' from my chair

I agree, I just say we're going to Florida!

TheWho is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

We bought into DVC a few years ago, and it seems that whenever I am planning a vacation to WDW my coworkers, say you're going there again, aren't you sick of it yet? No we aren't sick of it yet. WDW is comfortable. We like to try a new sit down dining and experience that is new every trip. And.... because we are DVC members, we were able to steal a 4B family veranda cabin on the Magic for $649 PP; with trip insurance, it cost LESS than an inside stateroom. We will be leaving for that next week and two weeks after that we are staying at the AKV concierge (yeah first time!!!! and Sunrise Safari!) So are we sick of it....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! We have next years trip planned and thinking about the planning stages of the following year.

Not to mention making some really great friends with other DVC'ers on the cruise. I hope the friendships last long after our cruise has ended!

My son will be out of the house in 3 years and we are already talking about staying at our favorite the THV without him, which would make it just the 3 of us. Waste of points? Absolutely not when this is where we LOVE and want to stay.

OP you've joined the group here who drinks the koolaid and likes it!

So when is your next trip and where are you staying. I don't care why, because it doesn't really matter. We all have the same reasons....because we love it!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Peepster

Earning My Ears

Oh, we get it all the time, too. Two middle aged people with no children and now have almost no family left and we love throwing away the responsibility and heading to the World. We've traveled to many other places but finally bought into DVC in 2001 just because we like it best.

Heading to Disneyland in October, WDW in February and October 2013 and darn happy to be doing so!
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
cheryl.UK
DIS Veteran

We are in the same boat two. We have no kids but this year was our tenth visit and we too are DVC members. We call WDW 'our happy place', No stress, totally cut off from our real world and very streeful jobs. If we could go twice a year, we would buit we make up for it by going for a month at a time
95 I Drive, 95/96 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 96 All Star Sports, 99/00 Courtyard by Marriott, 2001 Villa, 2001 DLP Hotel New York, 2003 One Big Blow Out! 5 weeks of Disney and a drive up to New Orleans , 2005 Wyndham Palace Hotel and Spa , 2005 DLP Sequoia Lodge, ,2006 Hong Kong Disney , 2006 Buena Vista Palace and Poly 2009 SSR, Key West, Miami, Royal Pacific Resort, Polynesian, 2010 SSR, RPR, BLT and the Poly!!!! 2012 SSR,RP, Miami, GF and BLT, 2013 SSR, 2014 OKW
cheryl.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #21
wulfekamp
Mouseketeer

I'm glad others don't get it. If everyone got it the crowds would be to much. Its our secret and I like it that way. Don't you just love it when you start talking Disney and you see their eyes glaze over.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
disney212
DIS Veteran

DH and I go more now than we did when the kids were young, could be due to the fact we now only have to pay for us! We found that we love going with the family and we love going alone. To us each trip is new to us and we always find a bunch of things to try that we have never done before. I have lived in several states and abroad and we choose to go back to WDW year after year. We all have that special place be it our childhood home or the mountains or for us WDW, it allows us to totally relax one day and go go go the next. We travel all over the US (we are RV'ers) and the world but always look forward to our next trip "home". ...and yes we did drink the koolaid! (mine was served to me by my parents in 1974! And if this is any clue, my dad is heading down next week to SSR to his home resort!)

Last edited by disney212; 09-04-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
MinMouse
DIS Veteran

Everyone who knows me well knows I love Disney. Doesn't bother me a bit if they don't get it they don't have to. Years ago when we determined why we like it: organization, consistency and service. Besides it is just plain fun! Headed on the Fantasy next year and no park trip planned and the kids keep saying " you are not going to make it mom!!!" I know they are secretly hoping I can't but with college expenses looming I am going to have to!

Been there. Done that. Can't wait to go back!
MinMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #24
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

We have a different problem. We live in Southern California where there are almost 1 million Disneyland annual passholders. Most of our friends and family go at least once a month and sometimes more.
People here treat the Disneyland Resort as a New Yorker would treat Central Park, often going after work to eat dinner or just stroll around.
Many people here have never been to WDW and cannot find a reason to go when Disneyland is in their own back yard.

We usually hear "what's the point it's just like Disneyland". We usually don't bother telling people WDW, we just say Florida.

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry View Post
we tell them that we are going to Mount Wannahockaloogie, for the induction of the newest member shark bait ooh ha ha. nobody says a word to us.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #26
Snow Shoe
What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

It is the only place that I trully get a vacation from the outside world and become a kid again! As far as trying to tell people what DVC is, I say it's a timeshare and that usually shuts them up.

Walt Disney World... been there, done that, GOING BACK!

DLP trip...WOW!!
30th Anniversary trip...DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Family Trip Christmas 2007...Unbelievable!!!
Retiement trip 2008...DL and WDW Outstanding!!!
Snow Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #27
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
We bought into DVC a few years ago, and it seems that whenever I am planning a vacation to WDW my coworkers, say you're going there again, aren't you sick of it yet? No we aren't sick of it yet. WDW is comfortable. We like to try a new sit down dining and experience that is new every trip. And.... because we are DVC members, we were able to steal a 4B family veranda cabin on the Magic for $649 PP; with trip insurance, it cost LESS than an inside stateroom. We will be leaving for that next week and two weeks after that we are staying at the AKV concierge (yeah first time!!!! and Sunrise Safari!) So are we sick of it....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! We have next years trip planned and thinking about the planning stages of the following year.

Not to mention making some really great friends with other DVC'ers on the cruise. I hope the friendships last long after our cruise has ended!

My son will be out of the house in 3 years and we are already talking about staying at our favorite the THV without him, which would make it just the 3 of us. Waste of points? Absolutely not when this is where we LOVE and want to stay.

OP you've joined the group here who drinks the koolaid and likes it!

So when is your next trip and where are you staying. I don't care why, because it doesn't really matter. We all have the same reasons....because we love it!
Hi Kendzee94! If you don't mind, could you share how you did this (part in Bold). I would love to go on a Disney cruise but the cost is a little high for my taste. PM me if you'd like. Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #28
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post
Hi Kendzee94! If you don't mind, could you share how you did this (part in Bold). I would love to go on a Disney cruise but the cost is a little high for my taste. PM me if you'd like. Thanks!!
Hopefully it's not by reserving with the FL resident discount. it might be a rude awakening when they arrive if it was.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchak View Post
We're 2 professionals with no kids, and WDW is our "guilty pleasure". We travel to WDW from the UK twice a year to enjoy our home away from home. However, people just don't understand why a childless couple insist on going back to Disney year after year. People seem to think it's all Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and all a bit childish for 2 adults on their own. They don't understand that DVC and WDW gives us an escape from 2 very intensive and responsible jobs. Disney offers a safe and fun environment where we can throw caution to the wind and let our hair down with like minded people, without the fear of being judged. I'd be interested to know how other DVC'ers cope with the naysayers.

Our friends laugh until we're staying at the GCV while at Disneyland and they're staying at the Howard Johnson.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #30
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Hopefully it's not by reserving with the FL resident discount. it might be a rude awakening when they arrive if it was.
No rude awakening here, funny man Dean!!!!

There was an email about 2 months ago where DVC members were allowed to book up to a category 4a for 649 pp for the last 3 Eastern Canadian cruises out of NYC. Bookings for that discount lasted appx 1 week. We had to fax a copy of our DVC card to DCL.

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: