DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

TIW Event - Darn the luck!

Wouldn't you know it. We almost always travel the last week of July into the first week of August. This year, we decided to leave right after school got out.

I just got an email from TIW advertising a special event on July 28th -- when we normally would have been here! Sounds like a really nice event - a preview of all the foods that will served at the F&W Festival kiosks served in a buffet style at the Odyssey. We certainly would have taken advantage of this if we'd been in town. $110 per person.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

We always seem to miss the TiW events, too and I am always soooo disappointed. I really want to go to one of the events held in the Great Movie Ride!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
We always seem to miss the TiW events, too and I am always soooo disappointed. I really want to go to one of the events held in the Great Movie Ride!
That was the one I was most jealous of when I read trip reports afterward.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

I got my e-mail yesterday. I tried to get into the D23 Super Scream package for the Sip & Scream event this October but between their usual registration delay glitch & me trying to register from work I ended up shut out of Super Scream which included the Great Movie Ride dinner. I did manage to get into the Sip & Stroll portion though. Some day I'll get to do the Movie Ride Dinner I hope.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
I got my e-mail yesterday. I tried to get into the D23 Super Scream package for the Sip & Scream event this October but between their usual registration delay glitch & me trying to register from work I ended up shut out of Super Scream which included the Great Movie Ride dinner. I did manage to get into the Sip & Stroll portion though. Some day I'll get to do the Movie Ride Dinner I hope.
I didn't even try to book the Super Scream package. An additional $195/person for the dinner portion was far too much for me to pay.

Last year the entire event was $195/person which included a dinner.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Disneycouple99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Wouldn't you know it. We almost always travel the last week of July into the first week of August. This year, we decided to leave right after school got out.

I just got an email from TIW advertising a special event on July 28th -- when we normally would have been here! Sounds like a really nice event - a preview of all the foods that will served at the F&W Festival kiosks served in a buffet style at the Odyssey. We certainly would have taken advantage of this if we'd been in town. $110 per person.
I did not get the email but will be there durning this time. Could you foward me the info please?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycouple99 View Post
I did not get the email but will be there durning this time. Could you foward me the info please?
Just so you know you must be have a current TIW membership to book the event. It is not open to the General public.

Tables in Wonderland Special Event
Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
Sneak Preview “Taste Your Way Around The World”
Odyssey Pavilion at Epcot®
Saturday July 28, 2012 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Price: $110.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

Counting down the days to the Festival? Looking forward to international marketplaces featuring tasty tapas and refreshing beverages? Eager to cultivate your cooking skills? Excited to enjoy an exhilarating outdoor concert?

With the 17th annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just around the corner, we would like to invite Tables in Wonderland members only to a “sneak preview” of this year’s Festival!

Join us as we sample the food and hear speakers talk about the new and exciting things we have in store for you this year! Learn what new marketplaces will be added, as well as new special events. Be one of the first to be “in the know” as we “taste our way around the world”!

For reservations, please note our new process: Please visit the following website www.disneyurl.com/SneakPreview for self-booking and instant confirmation.

The website will go live and begin taking reservations on Monday July 2, 2012 at 10:00am.

When you go to the website please have the following information ready:
Tables in Wonderland Ticket Number
First and Last Name of everyone in your party (you may purchase up to 10 tickets)
Home address
Phone number
Credit Card Number
Billing Address of the Credit Card
Personal Email Address
Food Allergies (if any)

Things to note about this event:

The event is limited to 150 Guests, and is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. Park admission not required.

Things to note about the new process:
Prior to Monday July 2, the website will not be available.

Your credit card is charged at the time of booking and you will receive an immediate confirmation email.

Please use a personal email address as many work email addresses think the confirmation email is spam.

Buffet Reception:
Florida Local: Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro
Florida Local: White Corn Arepa with Mangalista Pork Rilette and Zellwood Sweet Corn Salad
New Zealand: Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
Scandinavia: Iron Horse Fairytale Cuvée
Poland: Frozen Belvedere Lemon Apple "Tea"
Singapore: Marqués de Cáceres Satinela

Plated Dinner

Appetizer
Terra: Chili Colorado with House made Chips and Cashew Cheese, featuring Gardein Beefless Tips
Terra: Paul Dolan Pinot Noir

Salad
Greece: Greek Salad with Pita Bread
Greece: Domaine Skouras Moscofilero

Entrée
Canada: "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
Singapore: Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" Sauce
Served with Carrots and Baby Green Beans
Canada: Mission Hill Syrah
New Zealand: Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote
Neige Première Sparkling Ice Cider

Soft Drinks, Water, Coffee, Tea
Menu – inspired by the International Marketplaces
Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
I didn't even try to book the Super Scream package. An additional $195/person for the dinner portion was far too much for me to pay.

Last year the entire event was $195/person which included a dinner.
and while my friend has a glitch with the system and ended up with 2 Super Scream tickets. D23 would not take the one back.

I would love to go to one of the TiW events, but it never fits when I'm down there on vacation. They need to check with me first.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: