Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #331
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hi Brenda

What a wonderful day, fun packed from start to finish!

Great that you caught up with the lovely Joh, and in an English pub as well

Grand Floridian Cafe is a must for us on our next trip, just need to decide between breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Lx
Hi Linda! Yeah, the English Pub was more my idea... corny huh?

Hmmm... for GFC, I'm a huge breakfast fan but dinner was lovely too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Caught up again! Love the "new" room you had! The view looks amazing! You don't even have to leave the room to have complete Disney magic! Amazing!

I can't wait until my girls are old enough to be left alone so I can go back to the park!! Oh… wait a minute… I CAN!!! I don't want to think about my babies being all growned-up!!

Speaking of babies, how is your son? I think of him often, as he and my other friend's son has just left as well- so they are on my prayer list together! I'm positive that God knows who I am talking about when I say "Brenda's son" in my prayers as well!
Like the Carter's commercial says... if they could just stay little til their Carter's wear out! (You're probably way to young to remember that!)

Oh, thanks for asking about Chad... he's doing good in Afghanistan. It's cold but he's covered in a lot of prayer! Thanks for yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad to see a rave review of Ohana! We're considering going there for our honeymoon trip with our families, but I wasn't sure how everyone would like it. I know I saw that there are a few dishes with peanuts in them, did the whole meal feel like it was very nut-filled? My dad is allergic to nuts, and I don't want to have to have him have a diminished experience because of it!

Hahahaha yeah that spider is kind of freaky on the Jungle Cruise!
Hi Sarah! 'Ohana would be a great family meal for your wedding. I don't recall the meal tasting "nutty".. (I do like nuts so perhaps I'm not a good judge.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
My DD thought the spider in the Jungle Cruise line was great. She wanted to stay there and watch it. I hate spiders, so I was trying to discourage that kind of behavior!! Thanks for reminding me of that fun memory with your picture of it.
Honestly, the spider scared me! I didn't know it was there! I won't let that happen twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Let me get this straight. You could see Cinderella's Castle. Tower of Terror. The EPCOT golf-ball. From your room!!!

3 major icons from 3 different parks!

If you tell me "Oh, and by the way, we had peek-a-boo glimpses of The Tree of Life and Everest" I'm gonna freak!

Seriously, that is some cool room mojo!
Yes, all three were in view from our balcony. No, no Tree of Life! That would be crazy. But it was pretty cool to see the Swish hotels as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik9 View Post
So it only took about 3 days but I was able to read through it all and am caught up myself.

What great story telling with pictures and reviews... look forward to the remaining posts.
Awww thanks for reading Majik! I have 4 more days to go which at this pace will have me finished right before our next trip in February!!

Thanks again for joining.

Quote:
I loved, loved, loved these last few updates!!!

Great meals, great meets.

It is incredibly cool that you have your own waiter at GF Cafe. We haven't been (in fact, never stepped foot in the Grand Floridian), but everything looked amazing! The smoked salmon plate was beautiful.

Robert, he's a doll

Very nice picture of you and Em with the floral display.
Thanks! I only post the good photos you know!!

I enjoyed reading about your meeting with Joh and her family. Sounds like it was really, really nice. Bloody Mary looked awesome too!

Mmmm Bloody Mary and a Dismeet - it was fabulous!

We haven't eaten at Chefs, either. Once again, there was not a morsel on your table that I would turn my nose up at! I think I was inspired yesterday by reading your review- I made French Onion soup for lunch (no where near as scrumptious as yours looked)

Way to go Dee! My own home-made French Onion soup is only so-so.. I'm sure yours is better than mine.
Michael's first ride on Maelstrom? And you made him watch the movie???

So cool that you had your picture taken with Charlotte. It's those little things that make a trip so memorable!

Definitely! I had that 'feeling' that she was a CM and sure enough!

So I read through your updates a couple of times and didn't notice until this morning that you said you rode Spaceship Earth Orange. I really enjoy SSE, but that comment put all sorts of really cool ideas in my head about how to spice up that attraction, like a chariot ride through a burning Rome. We should submit some ideas to Disney!

You should be an imagineer! Didn't the epic 8th grade trip include some imagineer type class?? I may be imagining things...

Nice job pacing yourself through the 'Ohana meal. Glad to hear that the dessert was all you thought it would be!

And the parting shot with Michael looks very familiar!

Michael abusing the tiki dude:

Love your tiki dude shot as well!!! Thanks for hanging in there with this review that I do plan to finish.. I just need more time in my day or less work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I must have missed the update with Michael abusing the tiki dude.

What an absolutely wonderful day starting with breakfast at the GF, then a DIS meet at the Rose & Crown. I love the inside of that restaurant and the bar area. Lunch was a winner and then Ohana for dinner and another DIS meet! You go girl!

How you still had energy to go into the MK after all that is beyond me, but I do love riding JC at night. So much more fun in the dark.

I love that spider and I tried to get it to jump when we visited in October, but it just wouldn't cooperate.
Hi Mary Ellen! Now that I look back at our day it was long... of course, a nap always helps. It was great to leave the young 'un at "home" I'm sure Em enjoyed some alone time.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #332
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I logged on a few hours ago with the best of intentions to get an update posted tonight. Unfortunately, I have spend the last hour helping Michael with a presentation so.... this review will have to wait.

However, not to be completely defeated by the lack of an update tonight... I will share a few photopass photos that I don't think I've already shared!

Morocco had an alien visitor

Big guy and his 2 girls

More Epcot, just another day

Kiss de girll!

Hanging with princesses

The Mouse himself

I will try to make it back tomorrow night with an update... Oh wait... I may be at Disneyland with Paula (smile4stamps)... It will be this week - I promise that I will return with an update and not just some photos!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-15-2013 at 01:48 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #333
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your Photopass pics are great! Especially the ones with Em and the Frog, so cute!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #334
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Love the photopass pics! Did you ask for all the magic shots? Our next trip I need to be more diligent about asking also very glad to hear your son is doing ok overseas.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #335
natebenma
DIS Veteran

AWESOME photopass pictures!!!

The ones with the frog and Em are so cute!!!

I also love that Em's skirt matches Belle's dress.

Enjoy your visit to and at DL, if you go.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #336
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, I am loving the photopass pictures...they are great!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #337
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great photopass pictures! Have fun at DL!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #338
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow I have been behind on this!!! Cute new Disney bag and you got some gorgeous sunset shots!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #339
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your Photopass pics are great! Especially the ones with Em and the Frog, so cute!
I thought so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Love the photopass pics! Did you ask for all the magic shots? Our next trip I need to be more diligent about asking also very glad to hear your son is doing ok overseas.
Actually, I don't think I've ever asked for a magic shot... I don't really think about them. But they sure are cute!

Thanks!

Quote:
AWESOME photopass pictures!!!

The ones with the frog and Em are so cute!!!

I also love that Em's skirt matches Belle's dress.

Enjoy your visit to and at DL, if you go.
I agree Dee, love the frog photo! Apparently Em did a better job dressing than me that morning... I should have done a better job with my undergarments! Ooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Brenda, I am loving the photopass pictures...they are great!
Thanks Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great photopass pictures! Have fun at DL!
Why thank you MK! Tomorrow will be DL with Paula!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Wow I have been behind on this!!! Cute new Disney bag and you got some gorgeous sunset shots!!
Thanks Rachel! I actually dropped by your TR/DR and read but got distracted and didn't comment... I'm not ignoring you!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #340
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Brenda

I love the PP pictures

I don't think I have ever seen the frog making an appearance before!

Hope you are having a fab start to 2013

Lx
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #341
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Monday August 27, 2012 – Day 10

We awoke this day to a very dark, gloomy, rainy day due to effects of Hurricane Isaac. I LOVE rain, but this was a little to much!

While Michael and Em slept I watched the weather on TV and started to doubt that we would make it to AK that day.

See, it is wet out!

It was inevitable that we were not going to be seeing AK this day. I cancelled our Boma breakfast ADR and watched the morning news. We decided to go downstairs to Contempo Café for breakfast around 10am. Read my dining review here. And just to let you know.... a Mickey waffle makes an appearance, however brief, on my plate!!! .

Following breakfast we went back to the room to get our act together to go to MK for the day. But first, I got sucked into watching I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show – I love that Disney has TV Land on their cable channels. We didn’t leave the room to walk over to MK until after 1pm. Lazy bums!

Credit for my hairstyle this day goes to Em who helped me avoid the flat hair look by doing this lovely french braid. (My hair knows no humidity frizz - it only knows, flat and lifeless! Errrr.. I so wish I had hair that was full of bounce and body! ) Ok, enough about my hair... on with the day!

We took our obligatory entrance photopass photos as well as some with Goofy outside the Town Square Theater.

Walking down Main Street we already had our smiles warmed up so we posed for more Photopass photos near the castle.

We had no plan and were not in a hurry to get anywhere so we spent the first 45minutes strolling through the park at a slow pace. By the time we decided to go on a ride we were in Tomorrowland so hopped in line for Space Mtn which was followed by a leisurely drive through the Tomorrowland Speedway. At least for me it was leisurely drive, I only had to tell Michael how to drive!!! Apparently he didn't think it was ok that I not only told him how to drive but I also told him how to use the camera when I took over the driving! Men! Allow me to explain...I was video taping our drive while Michael was trying to avoid the traffic hazards. At one point I was actually telling him how to drive and he announced that I couldn’t operate the video camera AND tell him how to drive. Well then, hand over the wheel! Ha! Actually, I ended up telling him how to video tape so I suppose the control freak in me didn’t take a vacation!

Why yes, we did buy the photo! Actually, this was added to our photopass+

Following our spin around the track at the speedway, we decided to share a light lunch at Cosmic Rays. We had eaten here on the 2nd night of our trip during a Dismeet with DonaldDoleWhip but they were not serving the rotisserie chicken at the time so we wanted to go back and enjoy one of my favorite counter service restaurants at MK. The chicken did not disappoint. You can read my dining review for Cosmic Rays here.

Next Up: Meeting a little Scottish lass and a Disboard snack favorite makes an appearance!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-15-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #342
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Another great update! I really like the picture of Em at the Speedway. Sorry you missed your AK plans - but there is something to be said about being lazy on vacation!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #343
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Good call on changing up your park plans. MK is a much better place to be in a tropical storm than AK, which is so spread out.

I appreciated all of the pictures and info about the Contemporary Cafe. As much as I love my little Beach Club, breakfast is the one place where the monorail resorts kick her butt. More morning counter service options would vastly improve the resort.

During my first stay in July 2009, there was a trial run of a counter serve breakfast at Beaches & Cream, but that only lasted a month or two. Shame.

The Mickey waffle looked awesome, and I love that it was kicked up a notch with the banana caramel sauce! YUM!

How was the weather once you got to MK? It didn't look terrible and I didn't see a sea of ponchos in the pictures you posted.

Very cute picture of Em in the Tomorrowland torture car. Was that your picture or one taken under your direction? Either way, nicely done!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #344
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
[/CENTER]

What a cute picture!

I love your braid. It turned out perfect.

Boo to all that rain, but your afternoon weather looked pretty decent. How great to have a long enough trip that you can adjust plans so easily and laze around in your room for the morning. I'd probably be out there in my poncho (with my frizzy hair) trying to stick to my schedule.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #345
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't get to the AK because of the rain. But taking it easy and getting to MK when you felt like it sounds good too (LOVE I Love Lucy and the Andy Griffith shows).

Great photopass pics as always.

Brenda, I think we all have a little "control freak" in us and it never stops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: