Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #316
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That room is gorgeous and I love the view! Very nice and how convenient for your Cali Grill ADR.

I have only stayed in a studio at BLT (before they did the remodel), but I would LOVE to stay in a 1BR and do a point splurge or take a big group and stay in a 2BR. The bigger villas are so much nicer than the studio.

Thanks for the link to the room categories. That's very useful.

Also love the Cali Grill. One of my favorite signature restaurants.

Oh - and cute new bag!
Hi Mary Ellen! work2play has done an incredible job with the BLT room location/view thread. Next trip we'll be doing a split stay and be back at BLT!! Yay! Likely we'll never stay at a 2 bedroom again unless we bring grandkids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That view is AMAZING!!! Your room looks awesome!

Your dinner at CG sounds great - I'm really interested to see what comes of the refurb!
Thanks Sara! Yes, it sure was purty! I really want to see how the CG refurb goes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Just joining in now! What an amazing trip it's been so far. You stayed at two of my favorite resorts

I stayed at BLT last Thanksgiving in a 2BR and we also had the smaller laundry facilities in our villa. I had no idea the laundry rooms existed in other villas. How cool!
Hi Allie! See... so you know how fabulous those 2 bedroom villas are! Crazy that I love the laundry room huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ooh such a cute new bag Brenda and I echo everyone else - what an awesome view

Lovely glam family photos as always

Happy New Year to you and yours
Hi Linda! Thanks for the sweet comment! Happy New Year to you and Philip as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
What a beautiful sunset and view! I cannot wait for our trip lol!
Lovely family pictures from your CG dinner
Hi there! You are at less than 5 months on your ticker!!! How exciting for you! Thanks for hanging in there with this slow moving TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachClubDee View Post
Deleted- technical difficulties...
No problem! I see you have an alias here! I need to hang out on the Beach Club threads more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

What an awesome room!!! I can't believe how big it is. And such fantastic views. I mean, you can see Cinderella's Castle AND Tower of Terror??? Sweet! The sunset picture is unbelievably gorgeous.

I loved reading about your meal at California Grill! Very cute dresses!

Every single thing you described and showed looked yummy. But I'm with Michael- the sashimi plate was a work of art, and you can't go wrong with the scallops.

The Wishing Star Story and Video were hilarious- I'm sure it is one of your favorite memories from the trip.
Hi there Dee! We were blessed with those rooms. We could even see the Epcot geo-ball/dome thingie.

Yeah.... the wishing star story... I should have let it go and not kept it going! Poor tormented kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Not sure how I missed the fact that you had a TR... But now that your DR is finished, I'm glad I found it. It looks like you had a very magical trip so far, thanks for posting all the great pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Hi Jill! Sorry I finally looked to see your name after being so forgetful that you actually had a DR from 2011.

THANKS for coming over and checking out my TR. It's slow moving but I should be able to finish this since I've now finished my DR!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #317
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sunday August 26, 2012 - Day 9, Part 1

By the time we awoke on this Sunday, it was well past sunrise. We had an 8:30am ADR at Grand Floridian Café so we had to hustle to get to the monorail.

While waiting why not take some more photos? You know me, my camera was always in my bag....

We were there in plenty of time to take a few photos of the gorgeous GF lobby before we checked in.

Grand Floridian lobby near the GF Cafe

Check out my GFC breakfast review here and see if we were able to have our usual server and did I dig myself out of the rut of ordering the same breakfast??

Moving on from breakfast....This was an Epcot day and not only that but we had a Dismeet with Wilma-Bride (Joh) planned at 11:45am at the Rose & Crown Pub!!! How very exciting! By the time we had entered Epcot it was a little early for our meet but we went ahead and decided to go a bit early. Lucky for us, Joh and her family were already there. I immediately recognized Joh and we hugged like long lost family!

After meeting Gary (Joh’s husband) and Daniel (her son) we were able to grab seats inside the pub and settle in for a long chat. Michael got me a Bloody Mary that was super spicy with a huge green olive – yum!!!

Rose & Crown Pub

Honestly, this was one of those moments when you realize that this is a person that you have looked forward to meeting but then the reality is so much better than the anticipation. Emily and Michael thoroughly enjoyed our time together as well.

The only reason that we left the pub was because we had a lunch ADR at Chefs de France at 1:30pm. After hugs and well wishes for a wonderful balance of our trips we parted ways. So was our awesome DisMeet #6!!

Once we moved on from the UK it was a quick walk to France for lunch. Check out my lunch review for Chefs de France here.

Post Chefs lunch photos and antics:

Once again following lunch we automatically turned right and walked towards Mexico. I think we tend to walk counter-clock ways. Once we made it to Germany we enjoyed some window shopping while we passed the time for the rain storm to pass through.

Em will likely not have the need for a stein anytime soon!

Too bad daddy is not the king of any country or she may have a chance to own one of these cool tiaras!

That didn’t take too long and then we resumed our trek to Norway. I was thrilled to see only a 15 minute wait.

Michael had yet to experience this thrilling (does going backwards count as thrilling) ride. He apparently wasn’t as excited about trolls and Vikings as Em and me!

When we were in the dump shop we noticed a familiar face. The CM, Charlotte, who was working in the shop was the gal who had taken our family photo during our walk to Epcot that first morning near Boardwalk. She was so very friendly and offered to take our family photo once again. We said sure since she already knew how to use my camera!!! Then we asked her if she would pose with me and Em and she obliged. So with that… here’s Charlotte!!

And here's my favorite Viking:

Next Up: More Epcot fun!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #318
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting Robert again at GFC! Hahaha I'm a creature of food ordering habit as well - it's hard to break out of a rut you enjoy so much!

Your lunch at Chefs looks really good!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #319
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sunday August 26, 2012 - Day 9, Part 2

Soooo.. we were in Norway and Michael had just experienced the joy of Malestrom for the first time (perhaps "joy" isn't the correct term) but he did pose with this cool troll with me.

Once we made it to Future World Em and I decided to ride Spaceship Earth. We would have done the Green experience with Michael but he was in no mood to ride so Em and I were able to enjoy the intense (Orange) experience. It was awesome as always! I was the pilot and I must brag and say that I successfully deployed the shields thus saving our crew from certain demise in the asteroid storm. Gary Sinise complimented us on a job well done!

We stayed in FW and headed over to Innoventions but didn’t really do much so we decided to head back to the hotel and rest before dinner.

One last Epcot photo before calling it a day here...

Good thing for alarms because we would have slept through dinner if we hadn’t had it set. We were up and dressed for our 8:30 ADR at ‘Ohana. Here’s my review of ‘Ohana for this really awesome dinner! I LOVED everything about that dinner. Well, perhaps not the part where Michael told me that I was not danceable! Video is included in the review of this light moment. There’s also a mini Dismeet reunion at the dinner.

'Ohana dinner photos...

'Ohana with Karla (Disneymomfanatic)

I left ‘Ohana a very full and very happy person! We took the monorail back to CR and I wasn’t done having fun for the night! Michael and I decided to catch some EMH at MK since they were open until midnight. We left Em home alone so that we could have some fun without the kid! (Not that she didn’t appreciate some alone time, finally!)

Hey, I did have a photo of my new Disney bag in the background in this picture.

We were only at MK for about an hour from 11-midnight but during that time we did the Jungle Cruise which had a great CM skipper and I hadn’t noticed the spider in a cage in the queue which completely terrified me. Then we walked around intending to do BTMRR but it was closed. We just started to walk around and enjoy the light rain. We didn’t end up doing any other rides but that was fine. We completely enjoyed our time together.

EMH photos at MK:

Scary spinder! Eek!

Can't remember if this is Gatorworld or MK??

I finally figured out that Cinderella's crown aligns with her head.

Next Up: Hurricane Isaac changes our plans
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #320
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I think I'm all caught up. Sounds like a great day at Epcot and for another DIS meet (you are the DIS meet queen).

Wonderful pictures of your evening at the MK, especially the castle picture.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #321
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for getting Robert again at GFC! Hahaha I'm a creature of food ordering habit as well - it's hard to break out of a rut you enjoy so much!

Your lunch at Chefs looks really good!
Hi Sara! You seem to know my dilemma! Once I find something I like, why mess with a good thing??

I keep going back to Chefs de France for the entertainment value... I like to see people eat these little guys!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #322
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think I'm all caught up. Sounds like a great day at Epcot and for another DIS meet (you are the DIS meet queen).

Wonderful pictures of your evening at the MK, especially the castle picture.
Hi Kathy! Oops! You slipped in there without me seeing this! I see you've done a few updates and I still need to comment... crazy busy life going on right now.

It really was like date night at MK for the two of us. We didn't go a lot but did get to walk around and enjoy the late evening.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #323
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Brenda

What a wonderful day, fun packed from start to finish!

Great that you caught up with the lovely Joh, and in an English pub as well

Grand Floridian Cafe is a must for us on our next trip, just need to decide between breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Lx
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #324
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Caught up again! Love the "new" room you had! The view looks amazing! You don't even have to leave the room to have complete Disney magic! Amazing!

I can't wait until my girls are old enough to be left alone so I can go back to the park!! Oh… wait a minute… I CAN!!! I don't want to think about my babies being all growned-up!!

Speaking of babies, how is your son? I think of him often, as he and my other friend's son has just left as well- so they are on my prayer list together! I'm positive that God knows who I am talking about when I say "Brenda's son" in my prayers as well!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #325
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Glad to see a rave review of Ohana! We're considering going there for our honeymoon trip with our families, but I wasn't sure how everyone would like it. I know I saw that there are a few dishes with peanuts in them, did the whole meal feel like it was very nut-filled? My dad is allergic to nuts, and I don't want to have to have him have a diminished experience because of it!

Hahahaha yeah that spider is kind of freaky on the Jungle Cruise!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #326
jmm476
DIS Veteran

My DD thought the spider in the Jungle Cruise line was great. She wanted to stay there and watch it. I hate spiders, so I was trying to discourage that kind of behavior!! Thanks for reminding me of that fun memory with your picture of it.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #327
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
We were blessed with those rooms. We could even see the Epcot geo-ball/dome thingie.
Let me get this straight. You could see Cinderella's Castle. Tower of Terror. The EPCOT golf-ball. From your room!!!

3 major icons from 3 different parks!

If you tell me "Oh, and by the way, we had peek-a-boo glimpses of The Tree of Life and Everest" I'm gonna freak!

Seriously, that is some cool room mojo!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #328
Majik9
Earning My Ears

So it only took about 3 days but I was able to read through it all and am caught up myself.

What great story telling with pictures and reviews... look forward to the remaining posts.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, and Disneyland: WDW-1: Feb 1987 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 1989 (Off Property), WDW-3: Mar 1990 (Off Property), WDW: May 1997 (P.O.), DLR -1: June 1998 (Off Property), C.P. Cast Memeber Sept 1999 - Jan 2000 (Vista Way): DLR #2: Aug 2000 (Off Property), WDW: Yearly Past Holder Aug 2003 - March 2009 DLR: Yearly Past Holder April 2011 - April 2012
And coming soon ... WDW-4: March 2013 (ASMu)
Twitter ID: @Majik9
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #329
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I loved, loved, loved these last few updates!!!

Great meals, great meets.

It is incredibly cool that you have your own waiter at GF Cafe. We haven't been (in fact, never stepped foot in the Grand Floridian), but everything looked amazing! The smoked salmon plate was beautiful.

Very nice picture of you and Em with the floral display.

I enjoyed reading about your meeting with Joh and her family. Sounds like it was really, really nice. Bloody Mary looked awesome too!

We haven't eaten at Chefs, either. Once again, there was not a morsel on your table that I would turn my nose up at! I think I was inspired yesterday by reading your review- I made French Onion soup for lunch (no where near as scrumptious as yours looked)

Michael's first ride on Maelstrom? And you made him watch the movie???

So cool that you had your picture taken with Charlotte. It's those little things that make a trip so memorable!

So I read through your updates a couple of times and didn't notice until this morning that you said you rode Spaceship Earth Orange. I really enjoy SSE, but that comment put all sorts of really cool ideas in my head about how to spice up that attraction, like a chariot ride through a burning Rome. We should submit some ideas to Disney!

Nice job pacing yourself through the 'Ohana meal. Glad to hear that the dessert was all you thought it would be!

And the parting shot with Michael looks very familiar!

Michael abusing the tiki dude:

Last edited by natebenma; 01-07-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #330
MEK
DIS Veteran

I must have missed the update with Michael abusing the tiki dude.

What an absolutely wonderful day starting with breakfast at the GF, then a DIS meet at the Rose & Crown. I love the inside of that restaurant and the bar area. Lunch was a winner and then Ohana for dinner and another DIS meet! You go girl!

How you still had energy to go into the MK after all that is beyond me, but I do love riding JC at night. So much more fun in the dark.

I love that spider and I tried to get it to jump when we visited in October, but it just wouldn't cooperate.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: