Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #301
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your breakfast at WCC sounds really good! I don't think I would have been able to resist the bananas foster French toast either!!

That's SO weird that your cake came without ice cream!!! It looks so lonely on the plate without the glorious toppings!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #302
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - really? What were you thinking with that choice? The Cave versus the Grand Fiesta Tour? Hmmmmm......Let's see now.

How great that you had two random DIS meets. Cynthia and I had one like that in October. It was pretty cool.

Can't see your pics now, so I'll be back!

OK - caught up on pictures and your last update. Too funny that Michael was picked for the Dancing dude but didn't quite have the willpower.

What a gorgeous day!
You are SO funny about being stuck in the Mexican pavilion!!!

The longer I'm on the Dis hopefully the more chances I'll have to meet other Disers! It really is thrilling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Another wonderful update Brenda

I hopped over to your dining review of breakfast at WCC because I must have missed it before

For our Dec 2013 trip will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and we've only had lunch at WCC previously but breakfast is now on the cards !!

As much as staying at the Contemporary has never "drawn me in" that walk to MK must be an awesome perk of staying there

xx
And the mistress of margaritas weighs in!! (I know, I know, you have a masters in margaritas but I want to give you a new title for today!)

Michael would love to stay at WL - maybe one day! You should definitely try WCC for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your breakfast at WCC sounds really good! I don't think I would have been able to resist the bananas foster French toast either!!

That's SO weird that your cake came without ice cream!!! It looks so lonely on the plate without the glorious toppings!
I think I heard that they added the bananas foster french toast to the regular menu now which means that when we return in February I'm definitely having some!!!

Yeah, I was ripped off!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #303
natebenma
DIS Veteran

YIKES! I got waaaayyyy behind, but I enjoyed catching up.

I love that you had a couple of random DIS meets. I haven't had that happen to me at Disney, but someone recognized me from my trip reports when we were at Atlantis. She didn't say hi at the time, but posted when we got back.

Nice picture of the display case at Karmel Kuche. You said you were too full to eat anything. Did you get something to have later, or did you just go in to gawk? (Not that there is anything wrong with that!)

Great photo of the rain coming down in Mexico. Very, very, very smart move on the flip flop purchase. Wish I had done that on the last night of my trip. My feet and socks and sneakers were SOAKED!

YUM on the GF Cafe- never been there, or even in the GF. Everything did look incredible! What a beautiful, interesting cheese plate. You should subtitle your picture "Mine, Mine, Mine" or maybe "My precious"

I find myself ordering salads for an entree on occasion, and I love that Disney has some really interesting ones.

Totally can't blame you on the desserts- I would have made room for those goodies.

And thanks for sharing DDW's dessert experience- WOW! Just WOW!

Watching the EWP from your balcony is a wonderful way to end your night.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #304
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I got WAY behind over here… I think I was just reading the dinning report and forgot??? PLEASE forgive me! Anyway, all caught up now!

I love visiting the GF, but I doubt I'd ever stay there. But it is so pretty, isn't it?

LOVE that you got a new Suitcase AND flip flops on the fly! haha

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #305
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I love Wilderness Lodge.
Oh no not Stitch. My least favorite ride. Is it really a ride?
Too bad he didn’t dance. I was the smile guy. I did. LOL
COP is a fave of mine too. Love it.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #306
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sorry guys... between Christmas, work, and family events I have gotten a little off track here... I'm getting back on track with an update... hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
YIKES! I got waaaayyyy behind, but I enjoyed catching up.

I love that you had a couple of random DIS meets. I haven't had that happen to me at Disney, but someone recognized me from my trip reports when we were at Atlantis. She didn't say hi at the time, but posted when we got back.

Nice picture of the display case at Karmel Kuche. You said you were too full to eat anything. Did you get something to have later, or did you just go in to gawk? (Not that there is anything wrong with that!)

Great photo of the rain coming down in Mexico. Very, very, very smart move on the flip flop purchase. Wish I had done that on the last night of my trip. My feet and socks and sneakers were SOAKED!

YUM on the GF Cafe- never been there, or even in the GF. Everything did look incredible! What a beautiful, interesting cheese plate. You should subtitle your picture "Mine, Mine, Mine" or maybe "My precious"

I find myself ordering salads for an entree on occasion, and I love that Disney has some really interesting ones.

Totally can't blame you on the desserts- I would have made room for those goodies.

And thanks for sharing DDW's dessert experience- WOW! Just WOW!

Watching the EWP from your balcony is a wonderful way to end your night.
Thanks for catching up! We'll be heading back to the sister resort of your beloved BC soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I got WAY behind over here… I think I was just reading the dinning report and forgot??? PLEASE forgive me! Anyway, all caught up now!

I love visiting the GF, but I doubt I'd ever stay there. But it is so pretty, isn't it?

LOVE that you got a new Suitcase AND flip flops on the fly! haha
Hi Christen! I may never stay at the GF either but it sure is pretty!

Ha! Good thing the resorts carry luggage or we would have had to work with the business center to find a roll of duct tape for Michael's bag! I much prefer our new Mickey bag anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I love Wilderness Lodge.
Oh no not Stitch. My least favorite ride. Is it really a ride?
Too bad he didn’t dance. I was the smile guy. I did. LOL
COP is a fave of mine too. Love it.
At least you complied with your "smile guy" role! I love COP so much that I want an interactive place where you can feel like you are back in time and can play house in the different time periods. I'm odd like that I guess.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #307
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 25, 2012 - Day 8, Part 2

Since we had just eaten at a restaurant that represented deep historical roots we decided to go to the Hall of Presidents and watch the show. Added bonus is the A/C and comfy theater seats. I almost had a quick nap in the theater. Don’t judge me! Like none of you have ever fallen asleep at any of the dark theater shows!

We had been texted our new room number around 2:30pm – Room 8030. I always consult the DisBoards to see the location of the room based on the DVC thread here. This was a very nice TPV room on the 10th floor that had a slight orientation towards the CR.

Before we left the park to have some chill time before dinner we did some shopping and I purchased a very nostalgic hand-bag that depicts Walt Disney standing on empty Main Street at Disneyland with Mickey Mouse super imposed beside him.

Vintage Walt Disney hand bag:

After walking back to the hotel we went straight to our new room and found that it has bar stools!! Not sure why I get excited over having the stools at the kitchen island but I do!

View from living room:

Since this room is on the outer side of the horseshoe, it has a larger living room compared to the Lake view rooms. However, one thing that it was lacking was the laundry room that our other 2 bedroom had. This one had the appliance alcove like the other 1 bedroom villas. The second bedroom only had one closet instead of two. Otherwise, the rooms were nearly identical – other than being a reverse floorplan of our prior room.

Love the big tub!

We called bell service to bring up our bags. We had the same bell service CM as had come to our room to collect our bags that morning. After tipping him again, I started to unpack and get organized. Once that was finished, we watched some TV. One-by-one we all started to nod off for a nap. Michael was the first to go, followed by Em so I figured why fight it.

Originally we had planned to try and go to Typhoon Lagoon this afternoon but after a bad case of the sleepies overcame us, we ditched that idea. Plan B worked out just as well since we were well rested to enjoy one of our favorite dinners of the trip – California Grill.

View from room at dusk:

And if I zoom in... look what's over there! The Swish hotels!

We had a 9:15 ADR which gave us plenty of time to shower and dress for this Signature dinner. The great thing about booking this restaurant and staying at BLT is that we only need to give ourselves about 5 minutes for the short walk to check in on the 2nd floor of the CR.

Pre-dinner photos:

To read about this fabulous dinner and the hilarity that surrounded the wishing star incident with Em read my Cali Grill review here.

It was 11:40pm by the time we left California Grill practically the last patrons to leave. By midnight I was ready to call it a day. Comfy bed here I come!

Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #308
MEK
DIS Veteran

That room is gorgeous and I love the view! Very nice and how convenient for your Cali Grill ADR.

I have only stayed in a studio at BLT (before they did the remodel), but I would LOVE to stay in a 1BR and do a point splurge or take a big group and stay in a 2BR. The bigger villas are so much nicer than the studio.

Thanks for the link to the room categories. That's very useful.

Also love the Cali Grill. One of my favorite signature restaurants.

Oh - and cute new bag!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #309
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

That view is AMAZING!!! Your room looks awesome!

Your dinner at CG sounds great - I'm really interested to see what comes of the refurb!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #310
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Just joining in now! What an amazing trip it's been so far. You stayed at two of my favorite resorts

I stayed at BLT last Thanksgiving in a 2BR and we also had the smaller laundry facilities in our villa. I had no idea the laundry rooms existed in other villas. How cool!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #311
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh such a cute new bag Brenda and I echo everyone else - what an awesome view

Lovely glam family photos as always

Happy New Year to you and yours
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #312
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

What a beautiful sunset and view! I cannot wait for our trip lol!
Lovely family pictures from your CG dinner

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #313
BeachClubDee
Earning My Ears

Location: 10 minutes from the beach, too far away from the Beach Club

Deleted- technical difficulties...
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #314
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What an awesome room!!! I can't believe how big it is. And such fantastic views. I mean, you can see Cinderella's Castle AND Tower of Terror??? Sweet! The sunset picture is unbelievably gorgeous.

I loved reading about your meal at California Grill! Very cute dresses!

Every single thing you described and showed looked yummy. But I'm with Michael- the sashimi plate was a work of art, and you can't go wrong with the scallops.

The Wishing Star Story and Video were hilarious- I'm sure it is one of your favorite memories from the trip.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #315
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Not sure how I missed the fact that you had a TR... But now that your DR is finished, I'm glad I found it. It looks like you had a very magical trip so far, thanks for posting all the great pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: