Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #286
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Fun day so far at EPCOT.

Sorry that the breakfast at the Wave did not blow you away. I haven't been there. The sweet potato pancakes on the buffet looked interesting.

The Character Spot was totally worth doing. You got some fantastically cute photos! I haven't done that either!

Cupcakes are not my favorite treat, but the coconut pineapple one certainly looked tempting!!! I'll have to figure out if it is worth ditching the heavenly Strawberry Shortcake next time I am there.

I always enjoy Living with the Land!

You had never been on Imagination before? Not a must-do, but never a line! I am in the camp that misses the original version with the Dreamfinder.

YUM on your Le Cellier lunch. Everything looks fantastic. I can't blame you two for sticking with the filet. Why mess around with something you adore? The champagne was a nice touch. Way better than another anniversary cupcake!

Great photo of you guys at Thanksgiving! Nice!

Thanks for sharing your DisMeet with Paula. Looks like it was fun!
Thanks Dee. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm sure your boys can consume their weight in food on a good day!

And no, as many times as we've been to Epcot we had never been to the Imagination building. It was cute but not necessarily a must do every time.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #287
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 24, 2012: Day 7 - Part 2

Following lunch we went into one of the gift shops and tried on some hats, learned some Spanish from the T-shirts and generally had some fun. Here’s Emily’s attempt to get me to say the monorail spiel in Spanish – cue the video of the T shirt!

After that fun we took the boat over to WS, Morocco specifically to walk around World Showcase towards Mexico.

While in Morocco I had a random Dis sighting again – Kristen (Disneyfreak616) and her mom were passing by when she noticed us. I swear I must not pay attention because I would have just walked right on by so I’m glad she stopped us to say hi! I complimented her on her cool bag, oh wait, it was the same Vera Bradley print as mine. What great taste we have! Another photo op and we were on our way. (I’m declaring Em an honorary frump since she would fit in very nicely with the frump clan!)

We took some photos while we were touring Morocco.

Moving on towards America and what do you know… there’s another random Dismeet!! This one is totally dependent on this Diser noticing us since I had not seen her photo. We were in America planning to see the next Voices of Liberty show when someone came up to me and asked if I was Emmysmommy after seeing Emmy and the back of my head. Why yes! Karla (DisneymomFanatic) introduced herself and her family. She was on the August 2012 trip board and we had compared each other’s dining reservations so knew we would likely see each other at our ‘Ohana dinner. How cool was that!! DisMeet #5!!!

We were able to chat and take some photos before we headed into the America pavilion. I was intent on hearing the Voices of Liberty. Sitting on the floor in the middle of the rotunda is the best location to hear the amazing acoustics. We enjoyed the patriotic singing before we moved upstairs to watch the American Adventure. Such a wonderfully sentimental and nostalgic video compilation at the end of the show.

Following our time at the American pavilion in the WS we got back on course to head to Mexico. We made a brief stop at Karamel Kuche to drool over their treats but we were far too full to eat a snack. Maybe next time!

After leaving there, we knew a storm was coming our way so we didn’t have a lot of time to find some shelter and a way to keep us busy until it passed. We stopped briefly in Italy to take some more photos before arriving in Mexico just in time.

Looks like rain:

Photos in Italy:

Back in Mexico.... minutes later it started to POUR! I’m still fascinated by these thunderstorms in Central Florida since Southern California rarely has thunderstorms let alone more than 14” of rain a year!

While in the Mexico pavilion you would have thought that I would have used my time wisely and hung out at the tequila bar – La Cave de tequila! But no, instead we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros or also known as It’s a Small World Mexico style. Followed by some shopping and waiting out the rain in the entry plaza with a couple dozen other park guests.

Michael grew tired of waiting out the rain so went and bought some rain ponchos (our 3rd set purchased but who’s counting?) and an umbrella so that we could make our escape and stay as dry as possible. Of course, this was the day that I decided to wear runners so I had to pop in Mouse Gear and purchase some flip flops so that my shoes would not be completely soaked. (I totally forgot that we had a dryer so I could have just thrown them in there to dry but I do have so awesomely cute flip flops now!)

We made it to the monorail as the rain was essentially ending. Back at our resort we had some time to relax and change before our 8:25 ADR at the Grand Floridian Café.

Read here for my dinner review at GFC. To sum it up – it was great! I was glad that we tried a new restaurant for dinner because now I can add it to my future dining plans list.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #288
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I have been reading these updates, but I am so behind on commenting! I was so excited to see you all again in WS! Emmy would definitely make a great addition to the Frump clan! Her clothes are SO cute, by the way. I love her style!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #289
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I have been reading these updates, but I am so behind on commenting! I was so excited to see you all again in WS! Emmy would definitely make a great addition to the Frump clan! Her clothes are SO cute, by the way. I love her style!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Awwww YOU are so cute! I'm loving that you have a new TR in the works!! And that's not even the trip for which we crossed paths! You are a well traveled Diser!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #290
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm joining in. Read it all in two days. Made notes along the way but think I will skip them. Sound like a fun trip. You sold me on wanting to stay at BLT. So much that I stopped reading and priced it out. Boardwalk looked amazing also but not like BLT. I do like all your links in your report. After reading this one I might have to go look at your other reports.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #291
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 24, 2012: Day 7, Part 3

Squeezing in a short update here....

I had completely stuffed myself at our Grand Floridian Cafe dinner so there was no chance that I was going to make it to MK for some park time late in the evening during EMH since the park was open until 1am. I suppose I’m pretty influential since Emily and Michael decided they didn’t want to go to the park without me!

Grand Floridian Photos:

We viewed the water pagent from our balcony - it's such a cool experience!

Another view with the movie on the lawn in the foreground:

The time in the room that evening gave us an opportunity to re-pack our bags since we would be storing our luggage with bell service for our room change to a 2 bedroom Theme Park View the next day.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #292
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Hi I'm joining in. Read it all in two days. Made notes along the way but think I will skip them. Sound like a fun trip. You sold me on wanting to stay at BLT. So much that I stopped reading and priced it out. Boardwalk looked amazing also but not like BLT. I do like all your links in your report. After reading this one I might have to go look at your other reports.
Hi there momabbate! Thank you for reading - all of the updates!!

BLT is my favorite resort for so many reasons but I have a close second now after staying at BW so that means split stays are likely in our future! We originally picked BLT for our first girl trip (a split stay with BC) because of someone's review here. I'm so easily influenced.

I know what you mean about reading something, getting excited about it and then checking availability/cost etc. I can get side-tracked so easily with everyone's TR/DRs!

Thanks again for joining in!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #293
MEK
DIS Veteran

Two BR theme park view! Nice. Very Nice! I will love to stay in a 2BR villa at BLT. It looks like heaven.

You really did great with the DIS meets! I had that experience where someone recognized me (and eandesmom), but I wouldn't have noticed them simply because I wasn't looking.

I have always wanted to try the GF cafe, so I'll have to read your review.

Another adorable shirt you have on - love it!

Pretty pics from around the world showcase.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #294
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You were a Dismeet magnet on your trip!!!! Wow, that's so fun!

Your GFC cafe dinner sounds really good - we've only been there for breakfast before, but I'd love to give lunch or dinner a try sometime!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #295
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

2br park view sounds really nice. Can't wait.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #296
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just caught up and can I just say that getting trapped in Mexico during a rain storm would literally be 'the perfect storm'

Mmmmm I wonder why? (and no it's not so I could ride the Grand Fiesta!!)

Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #297
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

With my DR all but wrapped up I can focus on getting this TR updated! I know... it's about time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Two BR theme park view! Nice. Very Nice! I will love to stay in a 2BR villa at BLT. It looks like heaven.

You really did great with the DIS meets! I had that experience where someone recognized me (and eandesmom), but I wouldn't have noticed them simply because I wasn't looking.

I have always wanted to try the GF cafe, so I'll have to read your review.

Another adorable shirt you have on - love it!

Pretty pics from around the world showcase.
Hi MK! Glad I'm not the only one who is the recognizee and not the recognizer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
You were a Dismeet magnet on your trip!!!! Wow, that's so fun!

Your GFC cafe dinner sounds really good - we've only been there for breakfast before, but I'd love to give lunch or dinner a try sometime!
Hi Sara. I love GFC for breakfast - still one of my favorites but I do want to try lunch since the menu has a few sandwiches that look yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

2br park view sounds really nice. Can't wait.
Thanks! I only took about 202 photos of the room and view so it's no problem to share a "few"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just caught up and can I just say that getting trapped in Mexico during a rain storm would literally be 'the perfect storm'

Mmmmm I wonder why? (and no it's not so I could ride the Grand Fiesta!!)

Hi Linda! Ha ha!! I wonder if it has anything to do with margaritas???
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #298
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Saturday August 25, 2012: Day 8

Early this final morning of our lake view room at BLT I enjoyed the sunrise on the balcony while Michael and Em slept. I would have loved to have enjoyed the peace and tranquility for a while longer but we had an 8:30 breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café and I needed to repack some last minute items. With the rest of the family awake we were downstairs awaiting a boat at the dock by 8:10am.

Michael saw the charter fishing boats and immediately wanted to ditch all plans for the day and spend time on the lake. After I told him sure he could do it for $270 for 2 hours he changed his mind.

When the boat finally arrived, WL was the first stop so we were off and proceeded into the lodge for our WCC breakfast. Read here to see how Jeffro our server was awesome and even gave Michael a complimentary second entrée!

The beautiful Wilderness Lodge:

Following breakfast the boat took us first to Ft. Wilderness before going to CR. Once back at our hotel we changed clothes (just because), checked our bags with bell service and then checked into our TPV room. We wouldn’t get our room assignment until later in the day so they took my number to text me when the room was ready and then we headed to MK.

Using the walk-way (love the convenience) we were in MK within 10 minutes.

Once we had taken the compulsory Main Street photo, we went directly to Tomorrowland where we did Stitch’s Great Escape – which Michael did not care for. To quote my DH, I waited in line to have an alien spit and burp in my face?? Uhhh yeah! I guess that’s a good way to put it.

We then did Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. Michael was picked during the pre-show to be the “dancing dude.” As much as the monsters and the audience tried to coax Michael to dance on command he wouldn’t do it. The monster dude said to him, “you have willpower! But what do you expect from someone who doesn’t know how to wear their hat or their sunglasses.” (Michael was wearing his hat backwards and his sunglasses on top of his hat.) It was actually funny and all in good humor even though it may sound mean. The show was hilarious as always. It certainly earns its name.

Next was Carousel of Progress, one of my all-time favorites at MK. I love the nostalgia for the attraction. And to think that it was Walt inspired – even better!

We made our way out of Tomorrowland and stopped for a few photopass photos at the bridge to the hub.

By then it was time to head to Liberty Square for our 1:25pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. Read about my LTT lunch here.

Next Up: Nap time or more park time - or both combined??

Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #299
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Friday August 24, 2012: Day 7 - Part 2

While in the Mexico pavilion you would have thought that I would have used my time wisely and hung out at the tequila bar – La Cave de tequila! But no, instead we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros or also known as It’s a Small World Mexico style. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Yeah - really? What were you thinking with that choice? The Cave versus the Grand Fiesta Tour? Hmmmmm......Let's see now.

How great that you had two random DIS meets. Cynthia and I had one like that in October. It was pretty cool.

Can't see your pics now, so I'll be back!

OK - caught up on pictures and your last update. Too funny that Michael was picked for the Dancing dude but didn't quite have the willpower.

What a gorgeous day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 12-21-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #300
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Another wonderful update Brenda

I hopped over to your dining review of breakfast at WCC because I must have missed it before

For our Dec 2013 trip will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and we've only had lunch at WCC previously but breakfast is now on the cards !!

As much as staying at the Contemporary has never "drawn me in" that walk to MK must be an awesome perk of staying there

xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: