Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #271
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I enjoyed your EPCOT update!

The men just don't get the photopass thing

That's probably why my group (17 guys, 3 gals) on the class trip only posed for one photo. And I wasn't even there!

Em's bag is great- looks like it can carry a lot!
She certainly wasn't intimidated to carry that around all trip!

Teppen Edo was one of the restaurants my DH and I went to on every trip before the boys came along. We took them once, on their first trip to Disney in 2004, but we haven't been back. Too many restaurants, so little time. But they have loved the teppanyaki places we have been locally and in Mexico (weird, right?), so we may make this on one of our next trips.

The Minnie on the grill is so cute!!!

The picture of the fountain in France is stunning! Did you do any editing on it?
Nope - just a raw image for which I got lucky and was able to hold the camera still long enough to take the photo!

Love your munchies display. What is the flip flop? Is it a cookie?
Hi Dee! The flip flop is a krispy treat. We also purchased a baseball version later in the trip. I'm addicted to these little treats. I have to get them every trip!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #272
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Friday August 24, 2012: Day 7 Part 1

This was to be an Epcot day with a slow start since we had breakfast at the resort in The Wave restaurant at 8am. As was typical, I was up early before anyone so enjoyed some alone time on the balcony watching the sunrise. Glorious!!

Anyone who has read my past dining reports knows that I’m not a huge fan of this restaurant but I’m willing to give it a 3rd or 4th try. Well… actually, Em does like it so I’m willing to skip a meal if it makes her happy to eat here. Read my The Wave dining review here to see if this was a hit or miss the third time I tried it!

After breakfast we took the monorail to Epcot where our first stop was the Character Spot after a few photopass photos at the entrance.

This is one of my favorite photo ops with characters in all of WDW! It was a 40 minute wait which was just long enough for Michael to ask why the need to stand that long for puppets on steroids?? He so doesn’t have the Disney spirit! I must say that he didn’t complain, too much and actually appeared to not mind posing with the characters.

First was Mickey – the big guy! He was quite charming – even though he never said a word!

Next was Pluto followed by Minnie who appreciated the fact that I was sporting her image on my shirt!

These guys were followed by Donald. If this duck could blush I think I would have made him do so. I just happened to notice that we was wearing a shirt but no pants so I may have made a remark to the effect of, “Hey Donald. Where’s your pants?” He ducked behind the scenery covering his duck parts rather quickly. I apologized to him and said that it’s ok because Pluto didn’t have ANY clothes. He eventually returned to pose with us for a few photos. Poor guy, didn’t know he was so sensitive!

Hey Donald, Where's Your Pants?

And finally, there was Goofy who was quite the character. Michael had fun with him.

After our photo op at the Character Spot we headed to The Land to check out the wait for Soarin’ and as a back-up plan, we would go on the Living with The Land ride. Soarin’ was over an hour standby- that’s not happening. Moving on… oh, what’s that? Sunshine Seasons and CUPCAKES? Sweet! (Literally!)

Time for a quick treat. There’s a lot of yummy looking options but I finally chose a pineapple coconut cupcake while Em chose a krispy treat. Michael was far too healthy and chose a banana. Here’s my review for the treats in my dining review.

After our mid-morning snack break we moved on to ride the Living with the Land and tolerate the flash photography that was disturbing my corneas in the beginning of the ride. However, irritation aside, I enjoy this attraction and am mesmerized by the alligators and all of the vegetables growing upside down.

Mickey Melon!

Following our adventures in The Land we moved onto something new that we had not done before – Journey Into Imagination and the Figment ride. I loved the effects, so cool! We didn’t hang out long in the imagination lab place since we wanted to move on to FW for our lunch reservation at Le Cellier!!

When we reached Canada we were a little early to check in so we viewed Canada Circlevision. I love Martin Short and I love the gorgeous scenery in the video. I’ve only been to Victoria BC so there is a lot to see and enjoy. Perhaps one day….

It was finally time to check into our lunch reservation at Le Cellier at 1:25pm. This was another fabulous lunch with awesome food, great service, nice cocktail, and complimentary champagne. What a great experience! You can read my Le Cellier review here.

Up Next: Two Random Dismeets!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #273
KatMark
DIS Veteran

LOVE your time at Epcot athe Character Spot...what fun you were having with the characters (poor Donald ). I love how Michael described the characters.

We missed the Canada film this trip, but we really enjoy it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #274
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a lovely view! I had a partial castle view when I stayed there, but honestly I think the lake view is just as nice and much more relaxing.

I had the breakfast buffet at the Wave and it was quite good, but I had the cream cheese and bagel with my salmon! Sorry you didn't love your omelet, but it looks good in the picture.

Cute character pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #275
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Caught up here too! Those pics of Michael with Mr. Incredible are hysterical! You guys look like you had such a great time. So cute with all the characters!
And I love the mug your friend Linda brought you!
Love this report!

PS - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #276
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE your time at Epcot athe Character Spot...what fun you were having with the characters (poor Donald ). I love how Michael described the characters.

We missed the Canada film this trip, but we really enjoy it.
Hi there Kathy! Congrats to your Bears victory today!

I should be nicer to the characters, they can't help it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a lovely view! I had a partial castle view when I stayed there, but honestly I think the lake view is just as nice and much more relaxing.

I had the breakfast buffet at the Wave and it was quite good, but I had the cream cheese and bagel with my salmon! Sorry you didn't love your omelet, but it looks good in the picture.

Cute character pictures!
Hi Mary Ellen. The last 5 days of our BLT stay ended up being a TPV so I got the best of both having a sunrise (LV) and sunset (TPV) at the resort!

You are among the many Wave fans including my family. It's not the worst meal I've had so I'll keep going back to make them happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Caught up here too! Those pics of Michael with Mr. Incredible are hysterical! You guys look like you had such a great time. So cute with all the characters!
And I love the mug your friend Linda brought you!
Love this report!

PS - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hi Alyssa! Glad to see you caught up. Yes, the mug from Linda is priceless, it is my special mug!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes - it was lovely to spend time with most of my kids.

Here's a photo from Thanksgiving:
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #277
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Awww - what a lovely photo!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #278
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Cute Donald experience! he is funny!!

Reminds me of an experience with Goofy I had! He was wearing boxers for Star Wars weekend and I called him out on wearing boxers and he got really embarassed too! Lol. Those silly characters! I like Michael's puppets on steroids comment..

I bet he isn't happy about this Green Bay game right now...

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #279
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Awww - what a lovely photo!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Cute Donald experience! he is funny!!

Reminds me of an experience with Goofy I had! He was wearing boxers for Star Wars weekend and I called him out on wearing boxers and he got really embarassed too! Lol. Those silly characters! I like Michael's puppets on steroids comment..

I bet he isn't happy about this Green Bay game right now...
Ha! Goofy in boxers - too funny. You were just trying to be helpful I'm sure!

Yeah about the Packer game, you know it Rachel!
Here's Michael's FB post:

Michael P.

well... we are getting owned in the Meadowlands

Like · · Share · 56 minutes ago near Costa Mesa ·
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #280
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks!

Ha! Goofy in boxers - too funny. You were just trying to be helpful I'm sure!

Yeah about the Packer game, you know it Rachel!
Here's Michael's FB post:

Michael P.

well... we are getting owned in the Meadowlands

Like · · Share · 56 minutes ago near Costa Mesa ·
Lol funny about the status. We just turned it off and are watching the Walking Dead now!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #281
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Brenda

Such great photos from your Epcot day, the meet and greet shots are fab

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Lx
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #282
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Love your Character Spot Photos. WE sat on a bench just outside it for awhile. DH kept telling me to go get in line, he would wait... but I was anxious to get to World Showcase for some eats! I should have listened though as we ended up being on that bench for quite awhile
Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #283
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hi Brenda

Such great photos from your Epcot day, the meet and greet shots are fab

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Lx
Thanks Linda! You are always so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Love your Character Spot Photos. WE sat on a bench just outside it for awhile. DH kept telling me to go get in line, he would wait... but I was anxious to get to World Showcase for some eats! I should have listened though as we ended up being on that bench for quite awhile
I can see the urgency to move on when there is F&W booths waiting!!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #284
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to my Dining report post where I had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Paula (Smile4stamps) last night!!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #285
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Fun day so far at EPCOT.

Sorry that the breakfast at the Wave did not blow you away. I haven't been there. The sweet potato pancakes on the buffet looked interesting.

The Character Spot was totally worth doing. You got some fantastically cute photos! I haven't done that either!

Cupcakes are not my favorite treat, but the coconut pineapple one certainly looked tempting!!! I'll have to figure out if it is worth ditching the heavenly Strawberry Shortcake next time I am there.

I always enjoy Living with the Land!

You had never been on Imagination before? Not a must-do, but never a line! I am in the camp that misses the original version with the Dreamfinder.

YUM on your Le Cellier lunch. Everything looks fantastic. I can't blame you two for sticking with the filet. Why mess around with something you adore? The champagne was a nice touch. Way better than another anniversary cupcake!

Great photo of you guys at Thanksgiving! Nice!

Thanks for sharing your DisMeet with Paula. Looks like it was fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: