Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #256
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your TR was bumped up in my queue this morning so I tried to speed read through some photos before work.

I got behind because I was recently in the world and then it took for ever to update my own TR.

I just have to say - you have some of the cutest tops.

Cool DiS meet at DL and your mug is absolutely AWESOME!

Speaking of awesome - your view from BLT. I only stayed there once and it was a lake/castle view. The lake view is just as lovely and I agree that mornings are the best time.

Kona breakfast - YUM!

Be back later to catch up.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #257
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize I'm so far behind here!!! Yay for meeting with Linda, how fun!!! Your mug from her is awesome!!!

We always enjoy Kona for breakfast! I wonder how those blueberry pancakes would have been with the topping?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #258
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Loved your updates!

What a lovely morning view!

Kona is at the top of my list for Disney restaurants, too! Definitely for breakfast. The Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are my favorite thing to eat in the World. Maybe even the world.

Love the suggestions of replacing the meat with fruit or egg.

I am not surprised that Michael is comfortable posing with princesses. After all, he is surrounded by two lovely princesses all the time!

I like the picture with Mickey and Minnie. If he had been over to the left just a smidge, it would have looked like he had yellow antlers.

I love that Emmy found a book that was nostalgic to her. So sweet!

Dumbo Fast Pass! So Cool!

Enjoyed your review of Tony's. We had a reservation there once, but skipped it. It was the year of Tropical Storm Faye, during which we had the Deluxe Dining Plan and a son with tummy troubles who didn't want to be at restaurants.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #259
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Hi Brenda!
I've been following your DR, I haven't commented on it since waaay back. Life for me has been crazy busy, and I spend way too much time on the Dis but would be spending a lot more commenting on everything I want to comment on.
I've loved following all your DRs and especially this recent one, it's so much fun!
I love that I found your TR, it just makes the trip so complete to read both reports intertwined.
You have a beautiful family and fun times at Disney!

I have taken solo trips with each of my 3 kids and girls' trips with both of my DDs. They are some of the best trips! I recently took a combo solo/trip alone with DH for our anniversary to run the Tower of Tower 10 miler. Your reports along with others have really inspired me to want to do some dining/trip reports but I'm so intimidated by the whole process.

We are homegrown Poly people but in the past few years have tried many new resorts. LOVED BWI and BLT, DD10 and I did them both last year for the first time.

We haven't been out to DLR in several years but I'm itching to sign up for the DL 1/2 Marathon to get a Coast to Coast Medal next year! DH and DS ran it last year to get their C2C medal.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful experiences!
Beth

Old 11-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #260
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I've neglected my TR far too long... too much work and travel for business and not enough time. I'll try to get at least a short update posted. Thanks for hanging in there for anyone still reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates, Brenda. I love that Michael posed with the princesses with you (that's the one and only thing I've not gotten Mark to agree to as of yet...but I'm working on him).

You got quite a few attractions in as well. Don't you just love that new Dumbo area? It is great, and love the new splash area for the kids.
He did finally pose with Princesses and didn't complain too much. Funny that you update I just read this evening mentioned Mark and posing with Princesses. At least he posed with Mickey!

And yes, I love the new Dumbo area although we didn't ride the Goofini roller coaster. next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your TR was bumped up in my queue this morning so I tried to speed read through some photos before work.

I got behind because I was recently in the world and then it took for ever to update my own TR.

Hi Mary Ellen! Welcome back from your trip! Did you have a TR? I've peeked at all of your others.

I just have to say - you have some of the cutest tops.
Thanks!

Cool DiS meet at DL and your mug is absolutely AWESOME!

It is always lovely to meet other Disers!! And the mug was so perfect. She knew me so well.

Speaking of awesome - your view from BLT. I only stayed there once and it was a lake/castle view. The lake view is just as lovely and I agree that mornings are the best time.

Kona breakfast - YUM!
My favorite breakfast at WDW!

Be back later to catch up.
Thanks for taking time to get caught up! Have a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I didn't realize I'm so far behind here!!! Yay for meeting with Linda, how fun!!! Your mug from her is awesome!!!

We always enjoy Kona for breakfast! I wonder how those blueberry pancakes would have been with the topping?
Hi Sara! I'm so far behind with everyone's TRs but I was glad to make it over and get caught up with yours today. You are so funny with your banana graffiti.

You never know, perhaps Kona Cafe came up with the next amazing pancake combo with the blueberries and the pineapple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Loved your updates!

What a lovely morning view!

Kona is at the top of my list for Disney restaurants, too! Definitely for breakfast. The Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are my favorite thing to eat in the World. Maybe even the world.

Me Too!

Love the suggestions of replacing the meat with fruit or egg.
I'm not a huge bacon/sausage lover.

I am not surprised that Michael is comfortable posing with princesses. After all, he is surrounded by two lovely princesses all the time!

Awww.. you've heard Michael ask what country my dad was the king of since I think I'm a princess sometimes! Thanks though.

I like the picture with Mickey and Minnie. If he had been over to the left just a smidge, it would have looked like he had yellow antlers.

Ha! Yes, and he needs a slightly fatter head.

I love that Emmy found a book that was nostalgic to her. So sweet!

Makes me long for those days oh so long ago when I used to tuck her in bed with a story.

Dumbo Fast Pass! So Cool!

Enjoyed your review of Tony's. We had a reservation there once, but skipped it. It was the year of Tropical Storm Faye, during which we had the Deluxe Dining Plan and a son with tummy troubles who didn't want to be at restaurants.
Thanks for stopping by Dee! I have to get over and see if you have updated since I know you are nearing the end of your saga with the 1,999 middle schoolers. (I know, not that many but I'm sure it felt like it at times.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Hi Brenda!
I've been following your DR, I haven't commented on it since waaay back. Life for me has been crazy busy, and I spend way too much time on the Dis but would be spending a lot more commenting on everything I want to comment on.

Awwww.. thanks for reading here too. I'm glad to see you on both of my reports.

I've loved following all your DRs and especially this recent one, it's so much fun! Thanks!
I love that I found your TR, it just makes the trip so complete to read both reports intertwined.
You have a beautiful family and fun times at Disney!

So many compliments, I'm blushing now.

I have taken solo trips with each of my 3 kids and girls' trips with both of my DDs. They are some of the best trips! I recently took a combo solo/trip alone with DH for our anniversary to run the Tower of Tower 10 miler. Your reports along with others have really inspired me to want to do some dining/trip reports but I'm so intimidated by the whole process.

You run too?? Awesome! I have a Dis pal running the next ToT 10 miler - what a great experience I'm sure! I run too but I don't love it. I just do it to keep somewhat healthy and eat what I want on vacation!

Honestly, you should jump in and do a DR/TR - I would love to hear what you think.

We are homegrown Poly people but in the past few years have tried many new resorts. LOVED BWI and BLT, DD10 and I did them both last year for the first time.

I stayed at Poly in 1984 - yeah.. a long time ago. But I LOVE BWI and BLT! We have similar tastes.

We haven't been out to DLR in several years but I'm itching to sign up for the DL 1/2 Marathon to get a Coast to Coast Medal next year! DH and DS ran it last year to get their C2C medal.

You should. If you come out here I'll treat you to some pomme frites like I had with Linda!

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful experiences!
Beth
Thanks so much - you are so sweet. And I'm in awe that you run so much. Yikes, 13 miles is about 10 miles farther than I like to run!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #261
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - Day 6, Part 3

When we arrived back at the hotel after being in MK, our room was being cleaned late in the afternoon. We decided to go over to the CR and hang out in the lounge area of the 2nd floor to wait for them to finish.
Chilling:

After relaxing in the room before dinner we had to get moving to Epcot since we had an 8pm ADR at Teppan Edo.

After arriving at Epcot, we had to take a few photopass photos. Michael wonders why I need to get photos with every photopass dude - he obviously doesn't know me that well.

Em loved the Phineus and Ferb topiaries

Why yes, another photopass photographer.

I have a Nikon D3100 that I rarely use since I'm not a photographer. I brought it with me on this trip but didn't use it but a couple of days. Honestly, if I knew how to use it on something other than auto setting it may be worth the investment. Instead, it just seemed to be an accessory. See below.

Does anyone know the event that they have at Epcot - specifically Morocco where they serve food and drinks? They were setting up but I didn't see any signs so I don't know if it was a private event or not.

Our destination:

We checked in for dinner and Em was presente with a lovely origami bird by the hostess - very nice.

Here's my DR for Teppan Edo.

Following dinner the park was already closed so we enjoyed our stroll to the monorail taking photos along the way.

I love the twinkling lights in the lightup walkway near the fountain:

After arriving back at CR/BLT, we decided to get a few snacks from the Fantasia Market:

Our few snacks. We had a serious case of the munchies (not the kind associated with illicit herbs!) Most of this didn't get eaten.

It's late and I wanted to get a quick update posted so my apologies if this is more photo-based than narrative! But you get the idea.

Last edited by emmysmommy; 11-16-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #262
MEK
DIS Veteran

What pretty fountain pictures! Sometimes an update heavy on the pics is a good thing!

I love Teppan Edo, but its been a while since I've eaten there.

No - I, didn't start a new TR yet, but I am hoping too when I finish the current one. I am on the last day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #263
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your meal at Teppan Edo looks really good! I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being lots of fun! I keep thinking that that or Ohana would be a fun meal for our families during our wedding trip!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #264
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

My DH couldn't understand stopping at all the Photopass Photog either... I really wish I had looked at some of the pics before we left WDW and I would have insisted on more of them! A lot of our pics didn't turn out very good.

I love Em's Dress and your bag!!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #265
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I love Em's dress too!!! It looks great on her! I could never wear that but I love those type of dresses.

Nice France fountain shot! So pretty!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #266
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Read it all tonight and what a fun report. I would love to stay one day at both resorts. BLT I would love the lake view.

You are having a lot of dismeets. That is always fun.

I also have the d3100 and it does take some getting used to. This trip was my first one with not using the auto settings.

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #267
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, beautiful pictures around Epcot (Spaceship Earth one is especially beautiful), and you and your daughter look so pretty in your dresses.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #268
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Even if you do use your camera on automatic, your pictures are still awesome and have brightened a gloomy London morning
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #269
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What pretty fountain pictures! Sometimes an update heavy on the pics is a good thing!

I love Teppan Edo, but its been a while since I've eaten there.

No - I, didn't start a new TR yet, but I am hoping too when I finish the current one. I am on the last day!
Hi Mary Ellen! I should have admitted that I was feeling rather lazy and low on words that day - thus a photo update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meal at Teppan Edo looks really good! I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being lots of fun! I keep thinking that that or Ohana would be a fun meal for our families during our wedding trip!
Hi Sara! With the right dining companions it is a TON of fun... either way, it's a show AND dinner!!

'Ohana may be a great meal for the families for your wedding trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
My DH couldn't understand stopping at all the Photopass Photog either... I really wish I had looked at some of the pics before we left WDW and I would have insisted on more of them! A lot of our pics didn't turn out very good.

I love Em's Dress and your bag!!
Hi Paula! Ha! I know, if I had seen some of the dud photos ahead of time I definitely would have had some re-takes! You did have a lot of great photos that I've seen.

Thanks for the fashion compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I love Em's dress too!!! It looks great on her! I could never wear that but I love those type of dresses.

Nice France fountain shot! So pretty!
Hi Rachel. I think I got lucky with the French fountain as I don't typically take great photos at night!

If I were 10 lbs lighter and 20 years younger I would love to wear Em's dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Read it all tonight and what a fun report. I would love to stay one day at both resorts. BLT I would love the lake view.

You are having a lot of dismeets. That is always fun.

I also have the d3100 and it does take some getting used to. This trip was my first one with not using the auto settings.

Looking forward to reading more.
Hi there! The Lake View was so beautiful - especially with the sunrise in the morning. Simply glorious!

I need to watch the Nikon video that came with my camera. Is that lame that I've never really learned to use it.... I can't complain if I don't try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Brenda, beautiful pictures around Epcot (Spaceship Earth one is especially beautiful), and you and your daughter look so pretty in your dresses.
Hi kathy! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Even if you do use your camera on automatic, your pictures are still awesome and have brightened a gloomy London morning
Thanks Linda. Sending you virtual sunshine and hugs from So CA!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #270
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your EPCOT update!

The men just don't get the photopass thing

That's probably why my group (17 guys, 3 gals) on the class trip only posed for one photo. And I wasn't even there!

Em's bag is great- looks like it can carry a lot!

Teppen Edo was one of the restaurants my DH and I went to on every trip before the boys came along. We took them once, on their first trip to Disney in 2004, but we haven't been back. Too many restaurants, so little time. But they have loved the teppanyaki places we have been locally and in Mexico (weird, right?), so we may make this on one of our next trips.

The Minnie on the grill is so cute!!!

The picture of the fountain in France is stunning! Did you do any editing on it?

Love your munchies display. What is the flip flop? Is it a cookie?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: