Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #226
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you seemed to bounce back.

Love your pictures of The Great Movie Ride. I really like that attraction but it could use an update.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #227
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Rachel - how the heck are you? Someone needs to update their PTR! Good luck with your interview! Working for a huge company can have its advantages as far as benefits packages, opportunities for promotions and in moving laterally within the company for new and different roles within the organization.

Yes, DDW has a great smile and a great laugh! Sorry I can't post a picture of his warm laugh!
Just wanted to update you on this! I got the job!!! So happy!!!! I will be a Category Analyst at PepsiCo and I start the Monday after I get back from Disney! I am soo happy to not have to worry about work on vacation! If I put in my two weeks tomorrow my last day will be the day before I leave!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #228
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
All caught up Brenda

Sorry you were feeling poorly, looks like you bounced back quickly (it must have been all that cleaning and striping )
Yeah.... it couldn't have been that bad since a few hours later I was hitting the brownie sundae pretty hard! I'm looking forward to seeing you in less than 2 weeks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Brenda, sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you seemed to bounce back.

Love your pictures of The Great Movie Ride. I really like that attraction but it could use an update.
You noticed TGMR needs some help as well? It isn't quite as bad as the outdated IASW here at Disneyland but it is well on its way to being a relic. I do like the movie clips at the end of the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Just wanted to update you on this! I got the job!!! So happy!!!! I will be a Category Analyst at PepsiCo and I start the Monday after I get back from Disney! I am soo happy to not have to worry about work on vacation! If I put in my two weeks tomorrow my last day will be the day before I leave!
CONGRATULATIONS Rachel!! I left a message on your TR as well but that is soooo very exciting! I will raise a glass to your success and have a cocktail in your honor!!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #229
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I only have time for a brief update.... sorry for the long intervals between any meaningful updates!

Wednesday August 22, 2012: Day 5 – Part 2

Following lunch at 50’s PT Café, we decided to hit up some attractions starting with the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It is a great show other than the fact that we had to stand in a crowded room elbow to elbow with 500 people for 20 minutes before the next show began. But heck, it was air conditioned so that made it so much better when the mom that was standing next to me, rocking her 10 YEAR OLD to sleep whose foot kept hitting my leg, decided to lay him on the ground on top of my feet!!! Sheesh!

But the show is definitely cute and I love the effects in the theater including the laser lights.

And yes, all my photos are without the flash! I'm super compliant!

They definitely aren’t kissing unless he’s kissing her neck! I’m so observant!

Heading back towards Hollywood Blvd. we caught up with the street performers who were having some fun with a guest for whom they were trying to guess his name. They were hilarious. I’m sure “Doug” the guest had fun as well. A little further down the boulevard we saw the “director” and “starlet” rehearsing a scene. The gal was so awesome at ad libing – loved her!

Try to guess Doug's name:

Action!

We left DHS with the anticipation of checking into our new hotel. We were transferring from Boardwalk Villas, where we had been for the last 4 nights, to 8 nights at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort.

Up Next: BLT how I've missed you!

Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #230
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

over your VOTLM story! People are ridiculous sometimes!

Yay for BLT!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #231
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

What do you mean??...Ariel and Eric are TOTALLY kissing
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #232
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
over your VOTLM story! People are ridiculous sometimes!

Yay for BLT!!!
Hi Sarah! Looking back I probably should have kept that annoyance to myself... now I just sound like a petty old biddy!!

I'm finally updating so BLT photos to follow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
What do you mean??...Ariel and Eric are TOTALLY kissing
I know, I'm wreaking the illusion! Thanks for following along Debra!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #233
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wednesday August 22, 2012: Day 5 - Part 3

We took the bus from DHS to the Contemporary Resort. Ahhh to walk through those doors into the lobby and know we were finally at my all-time favorite Disney resort hotel!! Our first 3 nites of 8 at this resort would be in a 2 bedroom Lake View room. We would switch rooms and then stay the last 5 nights in a 2 bedroom Theme Park View room!! In my PTR I had chronicled how I had been on the lookout for a TPV and when one finally opened up for at least 5 nights of our stay I jumped on it. The two views at the same resort actually worked out nicely since there were many features of the LV room that I preferred and the view overlooking the lake in the morning with the sunrise was spectacular!! However, my heart is with the TPV where you can see the castle, the fireworks, and Seven Seas Lagoon with the boats and ferries. So magical!

I had opted to not do on-line check-in since I wanted our options open for a room change in case we were assigned a room on a lower floor. I like to be above the 5th floor where the sky bridge is located – at least for the TPV, for the Lake View it really doesn’t matter.

The Cast Member who checked us in was friendly and efficient. When she said that we would be checking out on 8/30, I paused since I actually had two separate room reservations due to the TPV room type. Actually, that was noted in the reservation so no worries.

On the way through the CR concourse Michael told me to stop was posing me for a photo. He never spontaneously takes photos so I wasn't sure what he was doing until I looked up and saw the picture he was trying to copy. This is his attempt to be cute:

I love that they adore each other!

Bay Lake Tower:

We were assigned room 7817 which was on the 8th floor. When we arrived at the room, Michael being the off the wall guy that he is, entertained us with these fun facts about our room number. See this video.

It was in the middle of the outward facing horseshoe with a straight on view of the lake – absolutely perfect. The room itself was spacious and perfectly clean and tidy. Michael was certainly impressed with this room/resort. I had booked the 2 bedroom so that Em would have her own room even though the sofa sleeper and the chair sleeper in the LR are perfectly fine… it was just a little luxury that I wanted to give the family. While we were touring the room Michael finally realized it was a 2 bedroom villa and was very excited, I believe I even got a kiss on the head for this fine selection! Here's a video tour of the room.

Here’s a photo tour:

The Master bedroom had a king bed with an adjacent bath that had a big spa tub, double sinks, and separate room with the toilet and shower.

The secondary bedroom had two Queen beds and a compartmentalized bathroom with a separate tub/shower.

There was a 3rd bathroom that had another sink, toilet, and tub/shower.
I love the balconies – there was one for each bedroom:

The kitchen didn’t have bar stools for this room type. I believe the outside horseshoe rooms with the TPV do have barstools at the island. It did have full kitchen amenities and appliances. One day we should make use of having a kitchen and not just have it be a novel thing to look at.

Another thing that I loved about the room was that it had an actual walk-in laundry room complete with the stacked washer/dryer with storage shelves, extra bedding, and a clothing rack. The vacuum and high chair were also in this closet.

Next Up: MK fun and a few desserts!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #234
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your room at the Contemporary looks awesome!!! That is cool that you got to experience both views on your trip!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #235
SAT887
DIS Veteran

The room looks fantastic! This is on our short list for our next trip with the kiddos. Hoping Dec 13 we can get availability at the 7 month window. Only one thing was missing pictures of your views!!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #236
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

They definitely arent kissing unless hes kissing her neck! Im so observant!
Edward or Jacob? OR ERIK???

Absolutely awesome pictures at the Little Mermaid !!! I have only seen it once since I am "blessed with boys", but I loved the special effects in the show.

Definitely share any stories you have about rude and clueless guests! Especially the ones who violate the "No Touchy!" rule. I might have mentioned to the mom that "This may not be the best place for your child to lay down. I have a foot fungus"

Last edited by natebenma; 10-23-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #237
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Yay for being "home" at BLT! I cannot wait for our stay there! Thank you for the pics, it's such a beautiful resort

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #238
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pics at Mermaid...so glad we saw it this trip because rumor has it that it is going away.

Your room pics BLT are beautiful. My oldest son stayed there in February but he didn't take many pictures so I didn't see as much detail. I'm glad you were happy with your room location
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #239
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your room at the Contemporary looks awesome!!! That is cool that you got to experience both views on your trip!
thanks Sarah! Having the LV made me not so nervous to book this view next trip. It was perfectly beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
The room looks fantastic! This is on our short list for our next trip with the kiddos. Hoping Dec 13 we can get availability at the 7 month window. Only one thing was missing pictures of your views!!
Good luck! Are you DVC?? sorry, can't recall if you have said. I just checked out BLT on the WDW site for our anticipated August trip and I do see availability for all room types starting 8/30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Edward or Jacob? OR ERIK???

Absolutely awesome pictures at the Little Mermaid !!! I have only seen it once since I am "blessed with boys", but I loved the special effects in the show.

Definitely share any stories you have about rude and clueless guests! Especially the ones who violate the "No Touchy!" rule. I might have mentioned to the mom that "This may not be the best place for your child to lay down. I have a foot fungus"

Dee you are hilarious!!! Foot fungus!!! Yeah, not so sure boys would appreciate the love story behind the show! When my boys were adolescents/teens they were into the roller coasters and thrill rides - even waiting 3 hrs to ride Indy Jones at D-land when it first opened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Yay for being "home" at BLT! I cannot wait for our stay there! Thank you for the pics, it's such a beautiful resort
Hi there! I didn't think I would like it since I'm not a "contemporary" type person but now I love it! You'll have to share you photos of your room/view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pics at Mermaid...so glad we saw it this trip because rumor has it that it is going away.

Your room pics BLT are beautiful. My oldest son stayed there in February but he didn't take many pictures so I didn't see as much detail. I'm glad you were happy with your room location
Kathy, I saw you made a note in your TR that the VOTLM may be re-done into something else. I wouldn't say that I would miss it terribly but it is a cute show with good effects.

Yes, loved the room and happy with everything about it.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #240
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow! Beautiful room. And so big. Thanks for the detailed pictures.

I love the artwork on the walls, especially the 4 pictures of Space Mountain above the table.

Please tell Michael that I appreciate his mathematical observations about the room number.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: