Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 19.10.12

Friday 19th October

Itís our last full day Ė I was a little sad. I really did not want to go!

We head off to Animal Kingdom to finish what we started. We didnít get there for opening but it wasnít long after. We decided to go straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris as it was early. There were loads of animals out. And I so prefer the ride so much more without the poacher story!

We still hadnít had breakfast (shock horror... I do not function well without breakfast!), so we sat down in a deadly quiet Pizzafari and had a traditional breakfast each.

Tom had never been to Rafikiís Planet Watch, and I hadnít been for a good few years, so we jumped on the train.

Itís actually pretty cute, and a lot more educational than I remember. We watched an operation on a tortoise who had been found in the parking lot with a cracked shell.

We even met the main monkey himself, Rafiki! We both went over to hug him, but he held his hand out to Tom, pushed him to the other side of the room, and then tried to steal me!

Then, Tom was allowed back!

We went to pet the goats and pigs, and get the fabled Facebook profile picture! All my school friends have a picture of them and a goat, so I thought it was only right to include myself!

We wandered back to the train, and then turned the corner to Pangani Forest Trail.

We also bumped into DeVine as she was heading backstage... having only ever heard about her, it was lovely to see how graceful she is.

I really wanted to watch Festival of the Lion King, so we went and sat down in the lion section. This is another show that makes me want to sing and dance the rest of my day!

The tumble monkeys and the lovebirds are definitely my favourite Ė they are incredible!

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

During the show, we noticed a couple of dancers talking up to Simba, and then Simba making movements towards the dancer. So, after the show I went to talk to Simba Ė I called up and said hello, and Simba looked down as much as he could! Little bit of Disney magic at its best!

Tom wasnít feeling too good, but I was getting hungry again, so we went back to Yak and Yeti. I had the sweet and sour chicken and Tom had my frozen lemonade. Luckily, we both felt much better! So we decided to hop on Everest.

We decided to head out and have a quick swim at Coronado Springs before our last evening meal.

Sorry for all the different pictures of the pool Ė but it was so beautiful!

So our final meal was at the Contemporary hotel. Tom still wasnít feeling 100% so he drove and we caught the lift up to California Grill. Iíd heard some mixed reviews on this place, but we chose this for its view and the menu choices.

We were sat in the wine room with 4 or 5 other tables, so it was lovely and secluded, and very romantic. We looked over towards Epcot (it took us a while to discover this though!). It was a shame we sat in the same area as a couple who kicked up a huge fuss because they had requested a window seat, looking out to Magic Kingdom and wanted to know why they didnít have this. They soon had their own way and left us in peace!
I had the grilled pork tenderloin and the goats cheese polenta... WOW! This was incredible!

We went outside before our pudding to watch Wishes. This was amazing. I donít normally get emotional over fireworks, but being on top of the Contemporary, with the love of my life, at the end of a fantastic holiday watching Wishes from the Magic Kingdom... I definitely stifled back a few tears!

We went back inside for our pudding and happened to see this from our table...

I think I had the Valrhona chocolate pudding with blackberry sorbet... it was delicious!

We used our final 4 TS credits and head out to the other balcony to watch the Epcot fireworks. They donít play the music, and you can only see the big fireworks but it was still nice to be out there without all the crowds just taking it all in!

We head back to the hotel (very reluctantly!) and packed all we could ready to check out the next day.

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. whoís that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

enjoying reading your TR thanks for sharing. Glad you enjoyed CG , we watched wishes from our table and had really a lovely meal there.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

We always go to CG for our last meal.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: