Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #121
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Now, as an aside, there were several times when our boys fought over possession of Flat Ben. He's a popular guy, and our boys agreed that he's great fun. Thanks to Dee for sending him along with us! Does he want to return in January?
Why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I would love to take him along. Claire will get a kick out of it and so will her cousins.

We are going to be at AKL, the Halloween party, the Disney Dream for 4 nights, Beach club villas, Art of Animation and a Christmas party. If you want him to join us let me know and I'll send you my address.
Holy carp! What a fantastic trip!!! Unfortunately, Flat Ben isn't able to join you but where and when should I meet you with my suitcase???

J/K- Flat Ben would have a blast on that trip! Can you send me an email at beachclubdee@yahoo.com

I could PM you or you could PM me but... Guess What! I have exceed the allowable PM limit in not one, but two DIS accounts! When I get a chance I will clear out some space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Gasp!!!! And I just thought he brought a change of clothes.

I found myself to be surprisingly excited to hear that another DISer saw Flat Ben at WDW. If that had been me, I would have started following Flat Ben around and my husband would have been so impatient with me.

Love all the great tour guides that are stepping up!
Not to mention the uncomfortable feelings of the hosts you started stalking.

We are getting to the point where Flat Ben needs his own appointment calendar.

I'm starting to get a little scared that if some of his trips overlap, he may see himself and then the time-space continuum may be broken or worse yet, one of the Flat Bens will start complaining "He's having more fun than I am!"

Last edited by natebenma; 10-12-2012 at 05:36 AM.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #122
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Apparently, my husband and our boys think Flat Ben loves Bea Arthur:

Quote:
Only one photo from our morning at MK, and guess what our boys do with FB at Haunted Mansion.

Anyone else sensing a theme here? Check out the name plate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #123
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Guess What! I have exceed the allowable PM limit in not one, but two DIS accounts!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #124
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
I had to laugh when I saw these pics. We had breakfast the same morning at Tusker House and I saw Mickey carrying around the flat-kids. I wondered to myself if it was Flat Ben and sure enough it was!
When we asked Mickey to pose with the flat kids he took off with them! He had to go and show them to one of the character attendants. All of the characters thought it was hilarious! Even when we did Cinderella's Royal Table - Ariel said that her friends Rapunzel, Flynn, Snow White, Charming and Cinderella told her about the flat kids at the Halloween party. I love that the flat kids have a reputation that precedes them!

Jessie - I wish you had come and said hello at Tusker House!!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #125
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
When we asked Mickey to pose with the flat kids he took off with them! He had to go and show them to one of the character attendants. All of the characters thought it was hilarious! Even when we did Cinderella's Royal Table - Ariel said that her friends Rapunzel, Flynn, Snow White, Charming and Cinderella told her about the flat kids at the Halloween party. I love that the flat kids have a reputation that precedes them!

Jessie - I wish you had come and said hello at Tusker House!!
I have been meaning to ask you- so how exactly did you introduce the Flat Kids to the characters.

"Hi- These are my daughters who are not on this trip and then another random boy who we have never met would you please pose with them???"
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #126
catho72
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom, I am going on vacation with your family next time! FB looks like he is having the time of his life! GG Slushies, jib slide, MNSSHP with costume, spending time with two Maudes....I love it! Hope the rest of your trip is magical!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #127
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been meaning to ask you- so how exactly did you introduce the Flat Kids to the characters.

"Hi- These are my daughters who are not on this trip and then another random boy who we have never met would you please pose with them???"
Well...that would have been too complicated - we just said we left our kids at home - but brought flat versions of them. We adopted Ben for the week
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #128
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
Well...that would have been too complicated - we just said we left our kids at home - but brought flat versions of them. We adopted Ben for the week
Speaking of adoption... Are you hanging onto Ben Flat for any future trips?

As was revealed earlier in this thread, there may *ahem* be other Flat Ben's out there so I really don't need him back.

But then again, if you are done with the whole FB experience, that is fine too.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #129
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

I so enjoyed Flat Ben's adventures with Pixarmom! The Cheshire cat costume was amazing. So authentic!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #130
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're happy to report that Flat Ben is an excellent travel companion! He even enjoyed his time in the airport. Can you see him in the Brewer fan crowd?
I don't want to post all of Pixarmom's pictures again but can I tell you I was HOWLING with laughter, just at a time when I really needed it! It's just me and the dog at home as I post this and the dog is giving me "the look" that says I have totally lost it, which I have....

OMG SO FUNNY!!!

~NM
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #131
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

This is one of my favorite threads on the DIS. I can't wait to see more adventures.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #132
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjieNet View Post
I so enjoyed Flat Ben's adventures with Pixarmom! The Cheshire cat costume was amazing. So authentic!!
It certainly looked like a lot of fun. Glad you liked the Cheshire mask. Didn't do so well with Flynn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I don't want to post all of Pixarmom's pictures again but can I tell you I was HOWLING with laughter, just at a time when I really needed it! It's just me and the dog at home as I post this and the dog is giving me "the look" that says I have totally lost it, which I have....

OMG SO FUNNY!!!

~NM
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
This is one of my favorite threads on the DIS. I can't wait to see more adventures.
I am so glad to hear that! This is a lot of fun.

Next up: Flat Ben(s) should be arriving on AnjieNet's doorway shortly for another trip including FB's first visit to "The Dark Side"

Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #133
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of adoption... Are you hanging onto Ben Flat for any future trips?

As was revealed earlier in this thread, there may *ahem* be other Flat Ben's out there so I really don't need him back.

But then again, if you are done with the whole FB experience, that is fine too.
Well, considering that we go so often, I am sure that FB will make a return trip

Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #135
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It certainly looked like a lot of fun. Glad you liked the Cheshire mask. Didn't do so well with Flynn!

Next up: Flat Ben(s) should be arriving on AnjieNet's doorway shortly for another trip including FB's first visit to "The Dark Side"

Flat Ben has arrived and Flynn is quite fine. We leave Saturday morning. Hope FB can handle getting up at 4:00 am better than my daughter!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: