Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Kat- are your girls following along on the DIS at home, or are they just getting the pictures you are texting?
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #77
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sunday September 30, Morning

So this morning it was an early breakfast Princess-Palooza in Norway.

I can't say that this would be Ben's first pick, but Flat Ben and the girls seem to be enjoying it.

Ah, Vikings! That's Better!

Next Up: The Three Flat Kids in the Magic Kingdom
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #78
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sunday September 30, Afternoon in MK

Here are the Three Flat Kids enjoying themselves in the Magic Kingdom:

Next up: We interrupt this trip in progress with pictures from cindydare & family from her trip last week

Last edited by natebenma; 10-01-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #79
natebenma
DIS Veteran

New Travel Buddies, cindydare & family, Sept 21-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
I'm in! He's welcome to join us in 18 days, if no one else has him then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Penny was actually looking for someone who would take custody for Flat Ben. I'll PM you tomorrow (probably from BeachClubDee) to make the arrangements.

Flat Ben has a couple of other engagements for MNSSHP, but I will be sending separate FBs for that.

Flat Ben spent 7 days with cindydare, her DH and her two adorable kids- Samantha (age 9) and Hunter (age 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare

Flat Ben wasn't scared by any rides (wish I could say that for my kids...lol) and he didn't gain an ounce on the dining plan (wish I could say that for me!). He also didn't have any bad hair days in the Florida humidity!
There were, however, some custody issues at the end of the trip. Cindy wanted to know if she should pass him on to another future traveler or mail him back to me.

I told her "You can ditch him! I can make more"

She was horrified by that suggestion, I lost out on the Mother of the Year award (AGAIN!) and after I promised that no harm would come to Flat Ben, she agreed to mail him back to me.

Here is Flat Ben with a famous lamp at the Beach Club.

Beach Club lobby:

Time for Tower of Terror!

Meeting Duffy:

World Showcase:

Waiting for the monorail:

Mmmm... at the Poly for dinner at Ohana

Wilderness Lodge- dinner at Whispering Canyon

Last edited by natebenma; 10-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #80
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Once again, I'm extremely jealous of Flat Ben.

I would have loved to go on the trip with stops at the Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge - my two favourite resorts!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #81
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Lovin' all FB adventures.

I remember going to Disney without our boys for our anniversary. It was torture enough for the kids just knowing we were there I can't imagine what it must be like for those poor girls seeing pics of their flat selves there. Lol. to funny!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #82
catho72
DIS Veteran

Hi Dee and Flat Ben,

FB, I'm so jealous of your adventures! You are having totally awesome vacations!

Thanks for the laughs....great pics!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #83
Pastina Noodle
Earning My Ears

Seeing the kids with the princesses reminded me of another noodle joke. What kind of a party do noodles love to attend?

Why it's the "Meat-Ball"!!
Pastina Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #84
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit behind on posting pictures. Kat has been sending them, but I haven't been home much the past couple of days. I'll put up a new batch in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Once again, I'm extremely jealous of Flat Ben.

I would have loved to go on the trip with stops at the Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge - my two favourite resorts!
I was excited to see FB and his friends spend a little time at Art of Animation this week! He'll be back at the Beach Club on Saturday.

He has at least two more Halloween parties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Lovin' all FB adventures.

I remember going to Disney without our boys for our anniversary. It was torture enough for the kids just knowing we were there I can't imagine what it must be like for those poor girls seeing pics of their flat selves there. Lol. to funny!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I have seen some texted responses from the girls, and they are saying that the pictures are "Cute" and "Cool", so I think they are enjoying it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Hi Dee and Flat Ben,

FB, I'm so jealous of your adventures! You are having totally awesome vacations!

Thanks for the laughs....great pics!
Flat Ben is the luckiest stiff ever (will that go through???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastina Noodle View Post
Seeing the kids with the princesses reminded me of another noodle joke. What kind of a party do noodles love to attend?

Why it's the "Meat-Ball"!!
Thanks for all the great jokes! Here's one for you. It's not about pasta, but I think you will like it:

Knock Knock!
Who’s there?
Bacon.
Bacon who?
Bacon a cake for your birthday.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #85
Pastina Noodle
Earning My Ears

I've been wondering if flat Ben and his franchisees would branch out to taking pets or grandparents to Walt Disney World? Perhaps even people who do not currently have a trip planned could sign up for a tour to tide them over until the next trip?

Just think, all this fun for the price of a stamp and the good will of friends!!

With love, Pastina
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #86
Pastina Noodle
Earning My Ears

Your bacon joke reminds me of the time we were in the Olive Garden and our waitresse's name was Carbonara. She kept saying we would make a great combination but we could never understand why....
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #87
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Monday Oct 1, EPCOT & area

Photobombed by a Stingray at Coral Reef
(I wonder if this one will go viral)

Over the Falls!

Troll Country (You are not the first, nor will you be the last): Stay tuned

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (The Land)

Boardwalk

Hanging with the Ducks

Next up: Hollywood Studios- So you wanna be in pictures, kids?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #88
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Knock Knock!
Who’s there?
Bacon.
Bacon who?
Bacon a cake for your birthday.

Thanks for the laugh. I'm just reading it now as I sit at the computer procrastinating baking a cake for my husband's birthday.

Okay, back to the baking.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #89
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I had to login to check out your posts and the comments! We are still having a grand time with the flat children

The girls are not following along here - they are just getting the texts. They of course are mad that we are here without them - and that we are here for 12 days without them! But - they really do get to go alot - they've already been on two trips this year (a week for Spring break plus 2 weeks after school was out - and they don't know it yet, but they'll be back right before Christmas!) - so they know that they need to focus on school.

Tomorrow FB and the girls will be enjoying the food and wine festival!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #90
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Loving FB's adventures. He seems to be having fun with everyone. I think he did just fine with the Princesses. Good thing since he gets to meet up with them again soon at CRT. I am concerned he hasn't traded his pin though. Must be a big fan of Zazu.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: