Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Is it sad that I'm jealous of the travel adventures of a piece of cardboard?

Thanks to everyone involved for bringing us this trip report!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
cindydare
Mouseketeer

I'm in! He's welcome to join us in 18 days, if no one else has him then!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Wow that really is an EMPTY MainStreet.
So cute how everyone is playing along.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

How fun I am sitting here laughing and my family want to know what is so funny. I just told them Flat Ben...my DH said what Big Ben? What happened to Big Ben. Man needs a hearing test or maybe I am laughing too much for him to understand.

Angel16
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

You know I'm loving it!

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

Me, too!!!

This certainly looks like it has been a fun trip so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
I'm in! He's welcome to join us in 18 days, if no one else has him then!

Penny was actually looking for someone who would take custody for Flat Ben. I'll PM you tomorrow (probably from BeachClubDee) to make the arrangements.

Flat Ben has a couple of other engagements for MNSSHP, but I will be sending separate FBs for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Wow that really is an EMPTY MainStreet.
So cute how everyone is playing along.
I know- really empty! I have never been there at pre-opening, so I'm glad Flat Ben had that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
How fun I am sitting here laughing and my family want to know what is so funny. I just told them Flat Ben...my DH said what Big Ben? What happened to Big Ben. Man needs a hearing test or maybe I am laughing too much for him to understand.

Angel16

So glad the report is amusing you!

"Big Ben" has had lots of fun adventures this afternoon! I'll be posting those pictures in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
You know I'm loving it!

Glad you are here to enjoy Flat Ben's adventures!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Hilarious!!

My husband and I are going on a 10 day trip at the end of the month for the food and wine - and leaving my girls at home. They are so upset with us! The F&W is their favorite time to go - and they just can't believe we'll be eating escargots without them. We have joked that they need to make flat versions of themselves and we'll bring them along. I was originally thinking that we'd just make them do drawings and put a photo face on - but I love the picture you did of Ben! Is it an 8x10 with him cut out?? I am needing some details

I can't wait to follow along with Ben - and let me know if he'd like to go to the f&w with us - and our two flat children!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #23
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Very cute. .
Old 09-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #24
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Got to say that I'm sure Ben will enjoy this trip more in a few years when he sits down and looks back on the pictures of his surrogate taking the trip for him. I like the fact that everyone else is having fun with this too. Thanks for sharing your trip with us Ben.
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #25
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
Hilarious!!

My husband and I are going on a 10 day trip at the end of the month for the food and wine - and leaving my girls at home. They are so upset with us! The F&W is their favorite time to go - and they just can't believe we'll be eating escargots without them. We have joked that they need to make flat versions of themselves and we'll bring them along. I was originally thinking that we'd just make them do drawings and put a photo face on - but I love the picture you did of Ben! Is it an 8x10 with him cut out?? I am needing some details

I can't wait to follow along with Ben - and let me know if he'd like to go to the f&w with us - and our two flat children!

Glad you are enjoying this and thinking of doing the same thing! Do you really want another "kid" tagging along on your adult trip? But Ben LOVES to eat, he would be game for some escargot. Let's talk!

I had a picture of Ben from a trip this summer to the York Zoo (York's Wild Animal Kingdom). I cropped it and printed it on card stock, 8x10 size, as you suspected. Then cut out the picture. I mailed it to Penny and she laminated him and added the stick. Great touches!

I "made" the pin lanyard. It is just a piece of ribbon held together by the pin.

Your idea with the drawings and superimposed faces is great, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Very cute. .
and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Got to say that I'm sure Ben will enjoy this trip more in a few years when he sits down and looks back on the pictures of his surrogate taking the trip for him. I like the fact that everyone else is having fun with this too. Thanks for sharing your trip with us Ben.

My family finally asked why my phone keeps pinging when I get the texts with the pictures. Ben loves the pictures so far. You should have seen the smile on his face when I showed him the picture with Teena!

More coming right up!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #26
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Monday Sept 3: Afternoon

Flat Ben gets ready to battle Zurg:

Looking for the Noodle family at the Beach Club:

Flat Ben Sees the World:

Oh Canada! (Dinner at Le Cellier)

Groovin' with the Band

Grey Goose Slushie *

Tequila! *

* No minors were saturated in the production of these photographs

Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #27
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

Nope not sad at all! I'm seriously jealous too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Tequila! *

* No minors were saturated in the production of these photographs[/SIZE]

Seriously Dee there is a not so small chance that I am going to rupture something one of these days That has got to be the funniest pic I've ever seen! Love the facial expressions. Priceless!
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #28
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

I loved the picture of Ben totally in one of the holes at the Canada photo op site. I can barely fit my head in that thing and here he was entirely in the hole!

~NM
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I loved the picture of Ben totally in one of the holes at the Canada photo op site. I can barely fit my head in that thing and here he was entirely in the hole!

~NM
I loved that pic. It totally made me laugh (well snort) out loud to see Flat Ben all alone in the totem. Love it!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Of course I can take another flat kid on my adult trip - with two already coming - what's another! Ben might like hanging out with an 11 year old and a 14 year old girl!

And I adore the picture of Ben having some tequila - who knew he'd get such adventures at such a young age!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: