Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Your ADRs look great! Welcome Jahni! Signing on to this PTR!
Thank you, it's great to be here!

First Trip Ever! Coronado Springs Oct. 2011 | Forcing My Mom and Sister to Love Disney Too, Caribbean Beach Resort Jan. 2012 | Happy Thanksgiving Merry Early Christmas, Pop Century Nov. 2012

2012 Dining PTR: 6 Adults, 2 Kids, 3 States, 1 Holiday, and a lot of Disney Dining
Judgey Judgerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Your trip plans look great, Emily! What a great place to have a family reunion trip!

Oh, and welcome to the DIS, Jahni!
Thanks!

First Trip Ever! Coronado Springs Oct. 2011 | Forcing My Mom and Sister to Love Disney Too, Caribbean Beach Resort Jan. 2012 | Happy Thanksgiving Merry Early Christmas, Pop Century Nov. 2012

2012 Dining PTR: 6 Adults, 2 Kids, 3 States, 1 Holiday, and a lot of Disney Dining
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Your trip plans look great, Emily! What a great place to have a family reunion trip!

Oh, and welcome to the DIS, Jahni!
Thanks! We are really looking forward to our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgey Judgerson View Post
I absolutely cannot wait for BOG, I didn't even think about being able to eat there for CS. That Minnie_Mom, she's one smart cookie!
If only more people realized just how smart I really I am

Seriously, I can't let you leave without trying BOG. I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt of eating there later in the week if you hadn't gotten to at least try it!

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Joining In!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mom View Post
The * denotes the "solo" dining choice of Jahni and Rick. Why they wouldn't want to eat EVERY meal with us, I will never know
I thought I'd better give the rest of the group some respite from the 26 year old kid I'm traveling with he can be a little high maintenance at meal time

Quote:
U]Dinner[/U]: Airport; Jahni @ DTD... Where ya eating Jahni?
Stay tuned!!

Quote:
Day Three, November 17- AK/Epcot
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Flame Tree orAoA Food Court or DTD (Jahni- I might have heard a rumor that you and Rick maybe be trying TS at Yak and Yeti?)
This one is still up for debate...not set on it just yet..

Quote:
Day Six, November 20- MK/MK; Porter: Pirates League; Audrey Anne: BBB; Jahni and Rick leave in afternoon... Boo!
Breakfast: In-room
Lunch: BE OUR GUEST CS... before Rick and Jahni leave!
My Hero!!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Jahni's Day One Travel Plans

Ok, I hope you all can bear with me as I learn the intricacies of posting. I'm still learning a few of the tricks of replies and reminding myself to spell check, spell check, spell check (especially after catching a very embarrassing typo in my very first post...thank goodness for the edit button! ).

Emily has done a great job of posting our ADR's and setting the scene, so to speak, so I'll try to add a little color where I can!

On Day 1, November 15th, my day will begin at abooouuuut 4:00am, as I wake up and get ready for the 3 hour drive to beautiful Love Field in downtown Dallas. Which brings me to my projected first meal of the trip...

(photo courtesy of 5 hour energy website)

Nothing like a little heart palpitation to get the trip started off right! I prefer the orange flavor, it feels healthier.

Fortunately Love Field has excellent food choices, so I'll probably have a bite of Campisi's Breakfast Pizza when I arrive. If any of you fly out of Love or live in the Dallas area, I cannot recommend Campisi's enough. They have locations outside of the airport, and their pizza is AMAZING, especially if you love thin crust. I'm not a big fan of breakfast pizzas, but the crust and cheese is so good at Campisi's that I'm able to overlook the breakfasty of it all...Here is a pic of one of their regular pizzas (maybe canadian bacon?) and some other menu items, courtesy of their website

Hopefully breakfast pizza, pretzels and peanuts will be able to hold me over until I land in MCO...but considering I'm flying Southwest and don't land until 3:30pm I'm sure there will be some airport snacks mixed in there somewhere (I'm looking at you St. Louis Airport!)

I will be arriving about 6 or 7 hours before the rest of the group, so at the moment I'm planning on heading over to DTD to walk around, shop, and of course EAT! And here is my first question of many...where to eat? I am still undecided at this point. I've only eaten at WPE, and have LOOOVED it both times. I would be completely satisfied going back again, but am open to other suggestions, so how about it? What is your favorite restaurant in DTD?

And because I'm celebrating reaching my 10th post, which allows me to post pictures, here is a shot of Rick and Me immediately following my first WDW ride, Kilimanjaro Safari!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Joining In!!
Welcome! Thanks for following along!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Joining In!!
Thanks for joining us!

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Old 09-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I thought I'd better give the rest of the group some respite from the 26 year old kid I'm traveling with he can be a little high maintenance at meal time
And we all appreciate it, especially, Porter and Audrey Anne. They expect that a certain level of maturity be maintained while they enjoy their meals.

Quote:
My Hero!!
I've gotta quote this so you can't delete it later if everything goes awry!

Last edited by Minnie_Mom; 09-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Jahni's Day One Travel Plans

Ok, I hope you all can bear with me as I learn the intricacies of posting. I'm still learning a few of the tricks of replies and reminding myself to spell check, spell check, spell check (especially after catching a very embarrassing typo in my very first post...thank goodness for the edit button! ).

Emily has done a great job of posting our ADR's and setting the scene, so to speak, so I'll try to add a little color where I can!

On Day 1, November 15th, my day will begin at abooouuuut 4:00am, as I wake up and get ready for the 3 hour drive to beautiful Love Field in downtown Dallas. Which brings me to my projected first meal of the trip...

(photo courtesy of 5 hour energy website)

Nothing like a little heart palpitation to get the trip started off right! I prefer the orange flavor, it feels healthier.

Fortunately Love Field has excellent food choices, so I'll probably have a bite of Campisi's Breakfast Pizza when I arrive. If any of you fly out of Love or live in the Dallas area, I cannot recommend Campisi's enough. They have locations outside of the airport, and their pizza is AMAZING, especially if you love thin crust. I'm not a big fan of breakfast pizzas, but the crust and cheese is so good at Campisi's that I'm able to overlook the breakfasty of it all...Here is a pic of one of their regular pizzas (maybe canadian bacon?) and some other menu items, courtesy of their website

Hopefully breakfast pizza, pretzels and peanuts will be able to hold me over until I land in MCO...but considering I'm flying Southwest and don't land until 3:30pm I'm sure there will be some airport snacks mixed in there somewhere (I'm looking at you St. Louis Airport!)

I will be arriving about 6 or 7 hours before the rest of the group, so at the moment I'm planning on heading over to DTD to walk around, shop, and of course EAT! And here is my first question of many...where to eat? I am still undecided at this point. I've only eaten at WPE, and have LOOOVED it both times. I would be completely satisfied going back again, but am open to other suggestions, so how about it? What is your favorite restaurant in DTD?

And because I'm celebrating reaching my 10th post, which allows me to post pictures, here is a shot of Rick and Me immediately following my first WDW ride, Kilimanjaro Safari!
Yay for first day plans! Will you bring me some of that pizza? It sounds delicious. Why I have I never heard of it?

Seeing the poncho picture reminds me that I need to purchase full body rain gear... pants, jackets, hats. The whole nine yards. After last year and the enormous amounts of rain we endured, I am so not leaving home without an entire suitcase filled with rain gear! Do you think you could find me on one these?

I believe this model is available at Saks...

Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Joining in! I'll live vicariously through your plans. I don't have a trip planned until next October!

Quote:
Dining Plans... Revealed!

Day Five, November 19- Epcot/Epcot; FANTASYLAND EXPANSION PREVIEW OPENS!
Lunch: Boulangerie Patisserie
Dinner: La Hacendia; Tutto Italia*

Day Six, November 20- MK/MK; Porter: Pirates League; Audrey Anne: BBB; Jahni and Rick leave in afternoon... Boo!
Lunch: BE OUR GUEST CS... before Rick and Jahni leave!
Dinner: CRT
]
Our favorite meal of our last trip was La Hacenida! I'm a bit jealous. Make sure to try the corn. YUMMY! I can't wait to hear about Be Our Guest both the counter and TS.

Quote:
Yay for first day plans! Will you bring me some of that pizza? It sounds delicious. Why I have I never heard of it?

Seeing the poncho picture reminds me that I need to purchase full body rain gear... pants, jackets, hats. The whole nine yards. After last year and the enormous amounts of rain we endured, I am so not leaving home without an entire suitcase filled with rain gear! Do you think you could find me on one these?

You are both so funny! These pictures crack me up!

]
teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #27
JDailey
Mouseketeer

We were in Disney last October as well....it rained on us everyday!! We went back down in June and low and behold it rained on us almost everyday again! I am starting to get a complex.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:

I don't know if Campisi's is just a Dallas area restaurant or not, we just happened upon it one day. I'll see if I can smuggle some on board.

Unfortunately I won't be able to smuggle either of those hats on board. I'm actually in Tulsa today and popped into Saks, and would you believe they were sold out...travesty, I know.

But as luck would have it, I was able to pick one of these up...
I know, I know, it was expensive, but timeless, classy, rain accessories are few and far between, so I jumped on it.

and I'm pretty sure this gal will let us borrow her suit...and possibly her hoe...

I hope people aren't too jealous of our accoutrement...

Old 09-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
We were in Disney last October as well....it rained on us everyday!! We went back down in June and low and behold it rained on us almost everyday again! I am starting to get a complex.
At first I was a little disappointed in the rain, but then i realized rain = shorter lines for Exp Everest! I think we rode 3 or 4 times in a row! But I have to admit by the end of the 2nd day, when every pair of shoes I brought were soaked, I was praying hard for sunshine!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Judgey Judgerson
Eating My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
Joining in! I'll live vicariously through your plans. I don't have a trip planned until next October!
Hi! Thank you for following along!! I had so much fun on our trip last October, it seems to be a great time to visit Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
You are both so funny! These pictures crack me up!
Emily and I are already taking bets on how long before actually begin to be annoyed by us (the over/under is at 5 days)..but I'm glad we're entertaining (at least momentarily) someone besides ourselves

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: