Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
ludari
DIS Veteran

For me the best looking bar was Skyline but I hung out the most in La Piazza. Nevertheless I was able to do a tour and have at least one drink in each of the bars.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

Skyline was also number 1 for us. We did not see Damian. I think the bartender we had each time was Novak??? I may have his name slightly wrong. But he was the best. He also did our mixology class which we loved. He had my DH mixing drinks at the bar one night.
We also enjoyed Outlook which was lovely and quiet and a great place to chat. Currents was nice and relaxing also being outside.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

aloha,
I like Meridian as my #1 bar. It's very quiet and relaxing.
I also like Skyline but before it's open. I usually buy a drink from an open bar.Then I bring my drink to Skyline an sit there watching them setup. I can see the sight and music that goes with the scenery.
No ones there so I can just sit and relax before everyone starts coming in. Since it's a favorite for everyone does get quite crowded an you can't really hear the music that goes with scenery.
It's a nice quite spot on the ship.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
Skitheboat
Earning My Ears

The Skyline is a super cool bar. We really enjoyed O'Gills too. On our cruise, it was fairly lively & fun. Make sure and go to the adult events at The Tube every night. They are soooo fun and Trevor is a total riot. I still can't believe how much fun we had every night at The Tube!!!
Skitheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #20
rudetreehill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian mickey View Post
aloha,
just sit and relax before everyone starts coming in. Since it's a favorite for everyone does get quite crowded an you can't really hear the music that goes with scenery.
It's a nice quite spot on the ship.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

What a great piece of advice! Can't wait to try this!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I liked O'Gills. We went during movie trivia night and it was loud and fun. I had a "Celtic Twilight." OMG that drink put hair on my chest! So strong.

I liked The Tube. I watched "Match Your Mate" there. That was fun.

I didn't hang out in the bars. I think I spent a good chunk of the time drinking by the pool. But the margaritas I had were watered down.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
MrSanderz27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBelle39
Skyline was also number 1 for us. We did not see Damian. I think the bartender we had each time was Novak??? I may have his name slightly wrong. But he was the best. He also did our mixology class which we loved. He had my DH mixing drinks at the bar one night.
We also enjoyed Outlook which was lovely and quiet and a great place to chat. Currents was nice and relaxing also being outside.
Yes! Novak on the Fantasy is the best!!
He was out favorite bartender and we visited him many times at Meridian, which is my vote for "Favorite Bar". It's so relaxing there!
MrSanderz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #23
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

While we did enjoy the martini tasting at Meridian (and about 16 mini-martinis between the two of us may have something to do with that), our absolute favorite was Skyline and Novak. We did both of his Mixology classes, and in the second one there were only seven of us. So we got to go behind the bar and make our own drinks. We also spent a couple of nights hanging out in there and having him make us his favorite drinks and stuff he'd grown up with. He was great to talk to and really knows his craft.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
Peter R.
Earning My Ears

wrong place.

Last edited by Peter R.; 12-25-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Peter R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #25
Pluto6
You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.-Walt Disney

Currents was a nice outdoor venue to abide in a few cold ones during the day. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bars at night. The Tube had the evening "adult" entertainment i.e. comedians , illusionists etc but got rather loud and hard to communicate ( unless you sit at one of the alcove tables, they kind of block the sound) The Irish pub was fun and had quiz games ( ours was TV shows of the 70s and 80s) we had a blast here. The Piazza was a nice place to sit and converse. Skyline was nice as well. We just looked inside the Pink Champage bar ( dont remember the actual name) didn't seem to be much happening there. Don't forget D-Lounge, not an actual bar but you can order a drink in there and they have Karaoke etc at night. Some of the smaller bars in the Atrium are a good place to kill a few minutes while waiting for the shows or a movie to start. Have fun!!
Port Orlean French Quarter and 7 Day Western Carribean on Disney FantasyApril 2012:
Fantasy Western Carrib. April 2013 and
Coronado Springs April 2013 pre cruise Wth AK and EPCOT visits

April 21 2014 Newly renovated Magic 4 day Bahama Cruise and WDW planned

Pluto6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I tried to bar hop a little on my Fantasy cruise a couple weeks ago after the kids went to bed (my DM came with us and stayed in the room with them). Unfortunately, my DH didn't come on the trip, so I was drinking alone! I loved Skyline also (Novak was the bartender). Since I bought the passport, I ended up going back a lot to get all of my drinks. I always ordered one with the "glow cube" so I could give them to my kids, who loved them. The scene changes every 12 minutes. I wish I had known about the hidden mickeys!!

I also tried Ooh La La, which was very interesting and had cool drinks, but I was alone and it seemed like more a bar for people on a date.

O'Gills was good - movie trivia was fun but PACKED! There are always sports on the TVs there. The last night of the cruise there were three guys having a very loud, profanity laced argument (first about basketball then about whether JayZ was really a good musician??). LOTS of the F word and I felt sorry for the bartender because people would come in, turn around and leave. I never went to La Piazza except to walk through.

The Tube I went to one night to see an adult juggling show and ordered a drink. The show was great and I had a good time. But after I ordered my drink the MC came on and informed us there were 2 for 1 drinks (of a certain kind of drink - that night it was a blue margarita)!! Apparently, they have 2 for 1 special every night. But again, since I was alone I couldn't drink 2 more drinks!! If I had known I would have been going there and getting the 2 for 1.

I also enjoyed the Cove Bar on the upper decks of the ship. It was quiet and nice to be up on top of the ship with windows looking out (all - I think - of the bars down in la piazza have no windows). Tea is a great bartender and hee was there on our cruise, not sure if he is always there. He was also on the transatlantic and did our mixology class.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

And now that I am thinking about it, I just broke out the glow cubes and put them in a glass of water for my kids - they are watching TV, eating popcorn, and drinking glowing glasses of water!!
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #28
nicbic97
Mouseketeer

We loved Oh La La. Damien was there at the time and no one was in there so we had to whole place to ourselves and the champagne drinks were really tasty. The tube was a lot of fun for adult entertainment and the entertainment director was great. We did not care for skyline as much. It has a neat feel, but I didn't care for the drinks there. They are mostly martinis which I do not like and there were some very drunk, loud, obnoxious people in there while we were there so that kind of ruined the experience for us. We did not go to O'Gills because we are not pub type of people. La Piazza's decor was pretty, but we never had a drink there. Each bar has a different feel and different type of drinks so it really depends what you are looking for.

5/15/99-18th b-day visit to MK, 9/28/12-MNSSHP, 9/29/12-10/6/12-Fantasy Western, 5/12/13-5/16/13-Dream 4 day Bahamaian, 11/10/13-11/15/13-Magic 5 day Western, 12/30/13-1/3/14-ASMo, 6/2/14-6/9/14-Alaskan Wonder
nicbic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #29
Little c Travel
Earning My Ears

Hands down La Piazza. Great staff and live music. I wanted to like O'Gills but just had a hard time going to an Irish pub with an Italian bartender and basically no Irish beer.
Little c Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #30
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We were on the 12/8/12 Fantasy sailing and sampled many of the bars. Our favorites were Skyline, Meridian and occasionally O'Gills.

At Skyline we enjoyed watching the scenes change and chatting with the bar tender Novak. Nice relaxing atmosphere. We did buy the passport and its a nice souvenir. Some of the specialty drinks are really good (Paris 75) some really bad (the one with the tea bag - forget the name) but it was fun to try them.

We really enjoy Meridian for evenings when you are departing a port. You can sit there and watch the island recede into the distance and the sun go down.

We'll be back on board in one month.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: