Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
rudetreehill
Mouseketeer

Disney Fantasy: Favorite Bar?

Doing my first ever cruise, Disney or otherwise, in late April 2013 on the Fantasy. Not gonna lie... I wasn't sure I wanted my first-ever cruise to be a Disney one (I'm a HUGE fan of the Disney parks, but being trapped at sea with 5.4 million children... hmmm), but since one of those children is my niece (I'm going with my sister, her hubby and my gorgeous niece), I'm all-in!

Now, let's get to the important question: I have no doubt I'll be spending my evenings in the adult areas of the ship. What can I say? I love the nightlife. I've got to... well, I'd say boogie, but my boogie days are probably behind me...

That said... what's your favorite adult venue and why?

Happy cruising!

Richard/Tralfie
Old 09-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudetreehill View Post
Doing my first ever cruise, Disney or otherwise, in late April 2013 on the Fantasy. Not gonna lie... I wasn't sure I wanted my first-ever cruise to be a Disney one (I'm a HUGE fan of the Disney parks, but being trapped at sea with 5.4 million children... hmmm), but since one of those children is my niece (I'm going with my sister, her hubby and my gorgeous niece), I'm all-in!

Now, let's get to the important question: I have no doubt I'll be spending my evenings in the adult areas of the ship. What can I say? I love the nightlife. I've got to... well, I'd say boogie, but my boogie days are probably behind me...

That said... what's your favorite adult venue and why?

Happy cruising!

Richard/Tralfie
LOL...I am interested in this topic as well...our 1st cruise, Disney or otherwise, is in 83 days. The child has already informed me that he will be in the Club as soon as the pool gets too crowded, so the Hubster and I *may* imbibe a few.
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
rudetreehill
Mouseketeer

My sister and her hubby said that my niece spent a LOT of time in the kids club, absolutely loved it. Their favorite of the bars was Skyline. Which DOES seem cool. But the Peter Pan in me is looking forward to trying The Tube... LOL

Richard/Tralfie
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

Skyline was a definate favorite for my husband and I. The drinks were strong and tasty. It was fun watching the different skylines- guessing which one was which, trying the different drinks, and the bartenders were great (Damien especially.) We purchased a "Passport" which gave us 7 specialty drinks for $59. They stamped the passport when we drank a drink from the various cities, it was a nice souvenier and saved us a few dollars on our cocktails (since most specialty cocktails were $10 to $11.) We also participated in Mixology (taught by Damien.) It was $15 per person and the guests make the drinks (you get 5 total.) I made a layered shot with Kahlua, Baileys, and Grand Marnier.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Another vote for skyline, although I've only been on the dream so far. It's such a great place. Have fun!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Yes, Skyline was fun & nice. We went when Phil was covering for Daniel's break, and we knew Phil from the Magic, so it was cool talking to him. However, I liked La Piazza the best. I just loved the theming and talking to Melissa (a bartender Earning her Ears).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

We loved Oh La La!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

I liked The Tube at night and during the day I liked the bar overlooking the adult pool, can't remember the name right now
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ok...for adult pool time...Sattelite Falls was great.....shade and sun and far removed the little ones....

The clubs are all pretty cool and each night we would hang out in different ones. Loved O'Gills, had our son's engagement celebration in Ooh La La with champagne (we were the only ones in there). My DD and niece made quick friends with the bartender at LaPiazza and were there quite often (he made some great drinks not on the menu). Skyline is just cool with light up drink menus and the ever changing city Skylines...has a cosmopolitan feel (look for the hidden Mickey and the Jedi's in the Skylines (yes, Jedi Knights as in Star Wars).

But, for the most "energy" and dancing the Tube wins out. That is the club where they hold the adult cabaret acts (get there early), game shows, dance club. I was very impressed with the whole adult club area on the Fantasy...more so than the Dream.

Enjoy!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
schimj
Grumpybutt Boo Boo

I had a great time in all bars on board, but if I had to pick one it would be Skyline Lounge. Each bar had great things about it (O'Gills has the specialty beer, La Piazza has the corner cafe feel, etc.), but for just going for a cocktail and conversation with your cruising party and barstaff, I'd pick Skyline. I too am an advocate of the Mixology class offered having done it twice so far, and the Passport that Skyline offers.

schimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

We loved Meridian which is between Palo and Remy. We did the martini tasting there and went back a few other times. It has a nice outdoor area with tables and chairs.

Our next trips - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boarwalk - 3/4-3/10, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
schimj
Grumpybutt Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by minie_meese View Post
We loved Meridian which is between Palo and Remy. We did the martini tasting there and went back a few other times. It has a nice outdoor area with tables and chairs.
Meridian was very pretty...I look forward to actually being able to have a drink there when I go back. When I went to the Remy Lunch in June, Meridian was kind of like the holding area while they were waiting for everyone to arrive.

schimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Twinparents
Mouseketeer

Skyline

Another vote for the Skyline bar. Damian is the best bartender we have had and we love watching the skyline changes. Make sure to watch the skylines closely. There are Star Wars Jedi hidden in the skylines. Also in the London skyline there is a Mickey Mouse,
Twinparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
kuhawk88
N2Wine

Another vote for Meridian. I loved the nostalgic feel of the dark wood and leather - very classy yet comfortable and inviting. Stewart, Gabriel and Tony all provided excellent service and I always enjoyed good conversation with those gents.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
pacurn
Mouseketeer

Kinda like asking me to pick my favorite child. Oh la la lovely for a quiet chat. O'Doules for the flight (don't think too hard just order it and enjoy) and the cider. The tube for shows. Meridan for baselmic martini. You can even get a good drink at the coffee bar.

Pick one or two a night and see what you think. Just don't forget to drop into the bathroom in the nightclub district.
pacurn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: