Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentHair

The same thing often happened to my boyfriend and I when we went alone. We are 22 and 21 years old. We even had a lady tell us that some people didn't understand when they are too old for Disney while we waited in line to meet pooh.
Wow . She missed the whole point of Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C
Never too old for character interaction. I've had characters initiate it (parks and dining, multiple occasions), so never feel you can't enjoy the fun regardless of your age.

Also, the little ones that are more timid seem to relax a bit if they see a grown person playing with the character, hugging them, etc.
Never thought about it that way!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #32
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I had nothing but wonderful character interactions on my last trip. I was a bit worried people would get mad that I was standing in character lines as a 20 year old, but I was never the only adult waiting in the lines, and nobody seemed to care. I found that the face characters seemed thrilled to interact with me. I whole-heartedly believe that you're never too old for character meet-and-greets. WDW is all about celebrating the child in all of us, no matter our age.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #33
DarthMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentHair View Post
The same thing often happened to my boyfriend and I when we went alone. We are 22 and 21 years old. We even had a lady tell us that some people didn't understand when they are too old for Disney while we waited in line to meet pooh.
I think Snow White must have lost one of the dwarves, since you met Grumpy!
DarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #34
Lizzim
Mouseketeer

I love meeting the characters....! We have had dinner in the Castle and on our latest trip (to Disneyland) I met loads of characters.

I was most excited about Hook, Baloo and Jack Skellington!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #35
t_daniels

The characters have always been great with DH and I...Aurora was a pretty generic interaction. But everyone else was fantastic.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #36
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I go solo plenty and wait in lines for characters. I've never been snubbed by any but if I was I'd just shrug and move on.

I plan on meeting Periwinkle (and Tinkerbell again) on my upcoming solo trip if the lines aren't too long.

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #37
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan
I go solo plenty and wait in lines for characters. I've never been snubbed by any but if I was I'd just shrug and move on.

I plan on meeting Periwinkle (and Tinkerbell again) on my upcoming solo trip if the lines aren't too long.
I've yet to meet the fairies!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #38
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
I've yet to meet the fairies!

I got very tired of trying to meet all the fairies when they first came out. DD wanted to meet them all.

We spent about 4 hours in line total (3 times in line) that trip and never did get to meet Silvermist and Fawn. I was very tired of standing in the Fairy line although it was really cute.

And then Vidia and Terrance started showing up so of course who has to go meet them? Why me! So I met them on my solo trip.

You should go meet Tinkerbell and Periwinkle on your next trip!

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #39
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan

I got very tired of trying to meet all the fairies when they first came out. DD wanted to meet them all.

We spent about 4 hours in line total (3 times in line) that trip and never did get to meet Silvermist and Fawn. I was very tired of standing in the Fairy line although it was really cute.

And then Vidia and Terrance started showing up so of course who has to go meet them? Why me! So I met them on my solo trip.

You should go meet Tinkerbell and Periwinkle on your next trip!
I will!

I've heard Terrence or someone has pixie dust on them, in a pouch. True, or no?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #40
vikkil70
Mouseketeer

My first trip to WDW was on my honeymoon in 2003 and I was 33. I waited to line to meet Ariel, my favorite princess. She was great, DH and I had the bride and groom ears so she went on about her prince and how great it was I had met mine. I had red hair at the time so she laughed and said we could be sisters.
We also saw Rafiki and he was so funny. He refused to take a picture with me until I took my sunglasses off and when I did he gave me a huge hug and kept trying to shoo my DH out of the picture.
On our last trip in 2010 when we took our boys for the first time Tigger took one pic with just the boys and then came over and pulled me into the picture as well.
Characters are definitely not just for kids and us big kids can have great interaction with them as well!!
Our next trip in December I"m hoping to see Phineas and Ferb, I think I love that show more than boys and the watch it every chance they get.
vikkil70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #41
set1208
Mouseketeer

Too old for Disney? No way! I have four kids and we are throwing down $3000 plus travel expenses for six days. You can guarantee that I am getting my picture taken with Mickey and every other character that crosses my path ! I'll wait in line, hug him, kiss him, smile like a goof ball and love every second of it!
Did I mention that I can't wait to be in Disney? Oh my gosh!!! I love it there!!
May 2010.....ASMu Mother/Daughter Trip for DD's 10th Birthday
February 2009.....CBR family trip
October 2004.....Pop Century, MNSSHP with me and DD
set1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I had the most fun meeting characters when I went on a trip with just my aunt. She's a little more outgoing than I am so that made it more enjoyable. I think you really have to be willing to speak to the characters versus just going up and getting a photo and leaving to make the most of it as an adult.

I have noticed a big difference in trying to meet characters as an adult in a group with children versus just as an adult. It's been my experience that if there are any children in your group, the characters will zone in and focus on them. I know it technically should be a bigger deal for the children, and characters have limited time with each party so they try to move through quickly, but it is bothersome at times. For example, my aunt and I had dinner at CRT and the princesses took ample time talking to us, asking why we were there, what we were celebrating, what our wishes were, etc. We went the following year with my nephew (+ sister and cousin), and the princesses focused solely on my nephew. He is pretty adorable, and had the cutest interaction with Cinderella while we were waiting. Cinderella told the other princesses about him, which may be why they focused on him, but to ignore the rest of the table was kind of :/
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 on the GKTW team!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #43
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Too Old for Disney?! NEVER!

Goofy is my favorite, and my trip last month, I made sure I had pictures taken with him!

[IMG][/IMG]
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #44
nfrank
Mouseketeer

I, like you, don't tend to wait in long lines to meet characters either. I don't have kids, so when I go to Disney World it's all for me. However, I have found that the way I best enjoy meeting characters is to do character meals! That way, you get to have a lovely meal and get those neat pictures with the characters! However, every now and then, even that doesn't work out well. During my last trip (which was actually only three days ago!) I totally got snubbed by Prince Charming at the 1900 Park Fare character dinner. He just sort of walked past my table, waved, and said "I hope you have a wonderful evening!" and just kept walking! What the heck?! And it is not like he could use the excuse "Oh, well, I doubt he wants to meet characters...." I had my camera out on the table! But I still met Cinderella, her evil stepmother, and both step sisters! I actually enjoyed my interaction the most with the stepmother and stepsisters. They were so funny!
nfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #45
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Adults and characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseargent View Post
In January I was at WDW attending a conference for work. I had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and all the characters except Mickey came to my table. I didn't make a big deal out of it; but I did mention to Mickey's handler that I would appreciate Mickey stopping by - I did make the decision to attend a character breakfast after all. Daisy was hilarious, Timon kissed me, and dinner at 1900 Park Fare was such a terrific experience that I booked it for our family vacation in October. Even trips with my family I have stood in line without DS or DD to see Pooh and Eyeore.
We just got back from our amazing 11 day vacation. I had booked breakfast at the crystal palace on my birthday. Now, keep in mind I'm a 37 year old, and had all my girls with, as well as my husband. Pooh was the first character to make his way around. I THOUGHT I was all cool and calm about meeting him, but when he got to our table I beat my kids to him and gave him a big hug!
My husband and girls just laughed, and I think it actually got my kids even more excited about meeting him, as well as the other characters!
I've loved pooh since I was a little girl, and our nursery was always pooh theme for each child we had.
I calmed down after meeting pooh, and let my kids have first chance with other characters
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: