Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

5 nights of dining reviews (no pics)

We spent 6 nights at the Poly from 9/22-9/28. Our travel party included myself, DH, DD (2), my mom, step-dad and brother. DD mostly ate off of our plates, so I won't be reviewing the few meals we did purchase for her.

9/23 - La Hacienda

My DH, myself and brother headed here with DD while our parents took off to Le Cellier for their anniversary.
My brother had the Pescado a la Talla. I'm not a fish eater, but he did let DH sample and both agreed it was amazing.

DH had the Puerco en Salsa de Mole Negro. I'm normally not a pork fan, but this tenderloin was so wonderfully cooked I wanted more than just the bite DH offered.

I had the Pollo al Pastor. They could have brought me multiple plates of this because it was just that good.

Overall, I would give La Hacienda an 8/10. Service was a bit slow, especially when it came time for the bill. They were great when we ran into a problem with the charging feature on my brother's KTTW card.

9/24 - Jiko

My parents and brother took DD for the evening so DH and I could enjoy a date night. I was so excited to head to Jiko. The bread the bring to the table when you are first seated is so wonderful. I've been searching for the recipe, but haven't had any luck finding it yet.

DH had the West African Braised Beef Short Rib. He said it was to die for. I didn't even get the chance to ask for a bite before it was all gone. For dessert, he had the black forest cake. It was good, but wasn't quite sweet enough for me.

I had the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon. One of the best steaks I've ever eaten. I'm not sure exactly what kind of rub they used, but it was perfect. The quinoa was also excellent. For dessert I had the Madagascar Vanilla Cheesecake. It was also great. I really prefer a simple cheesecake, and this fit the bill.

Overall, I would say 10/10. I would return here, but probably with kids.

9/25 - Crystal Palace

Breakfast with Pooh and Friends! It was standard breakfast buffet fare, but it is one of our favorites. The most important part was that DD loved meeting the characters.

I would rate it 9/10. It's been on our must do list for years. Service can be a bit slow when the get busy.

9/26 - Via Napoli

My brother and step-dad both went for the veal parmesan. My brother is a bit of a foodie, but really enjoyed himself. My step-dad thinks Olive Garden is top quality Italian, so this blew him away. He has already asked to put it on the list for next trip.

My mom ordered the salad. It was a hot day and she wanted something cool and refreshing. She said she really enjoyed it, especially the dressing.

DH ordered the Candele. He said it was so good, he almost wanted to order another instead of dessert.

I ordered the Margherita pizza so I could share with DD. It was good, but didn't blow me away. DD loved it, but what 2 year old doesn't love pizza?

Since there were 5 adults, we ordered one of each of the desserts and asked for extra plates so we could share. There wasn't a single dessert anyone disliked. My favorite was a toss up between the apple cake and the ricotta fritters.

I would give this a 7/10, mostly due to service. Everyone enjoyed their meal, but we constantly had to flag down any server for drink refills, napkins, etc. It took so long to get the bill that I had to take DD outside to her stroller because she was starting to have a melt down from sitting still. I would eat here again, but it's not on my must do list.

9/27 - Ohana Breakfast

Who doesn't like breakfast? Mickey waffles and family style, oh my! We enjoyed our food. Our "cousin" even made it a point to immediately bring DD a waffle, since she was telling everyone she was hungry. Character interaction was slow. Almost painfully slow. Mickey skipped our table for some reason, and it took 20 minutes for them to send him back our way. If it wasn't for DD, I would have just left, but she was dying to see "beach Mickey." Our entire breakfast took almost 3 hours, something that is almost unacceptable with a 2 year old.

I would rate this a 7/10. Good food, but slow characters. Not for the impatient kid.

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-3 Princess #2 - Coming July 2014

uagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip! Thanks for the reviews!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: