Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Re 40% offer & upgrading - what would you do?

Back in June I booked a montana room at Sequoia Lodge for myself, my MIL and my 2 daughters for 3n/4d, from 29 Nov-2 Dec. We booked using the '1 night free' offer.

However now, of course, the 40% offer has come around and I've been doing a little bit of pricing up to see what the difference is. For our room I paid £732 and it's now coming up at £667. Not a *huge* difference. But it turns out that the HNY is now only £606 for a non lakeside view for those dates! How does that work when it's meant to be 'posher'?! I'm totally torn. I like the sound of SL for the Christmassy feel, but to be honest we're hardly going to be there are we? I loved the look of HNY when we last visited and of course it's nearer the parks which I can imagine is a huge bonus in Winter.

If I did decide to upgrade, is it as simple as ringing them and asking how much it'd cost to change hotels? I'm rubbish at talking on the phone and would hate to get told off like some people have And then keep innocently asking until someone tells me they'd refund me the difference?
Serenlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

I think that the NY is considered "posher" by some as it's more a business hotel with it doing conferences and that.

I think it looks colder when compared to SL especially now the that the renovations are finished at SL but that's just my opinion

I don't think they refund the difference when you find another hotel cheaper do they ? I thought that you had to add things like meals or BBWWS to bring the new price up to what you have paid

If you are going to ring best bet is to go through the French number as if you dial the UK one you end up in America and it's there that the CM's are often abrupt and don't want to do anything for you.

You can always dial one of these cheap rate numbers first and then the French number to keep your costs down.

I'll go and find it for you

ETA - First dial for example 0844 200 90 90 (this reduces the call cost to 0.5p per minute) and then dial the French reservation number 00 33 1 60 30 60 53

Vive la différence

Last edited by Carrie_Cat; 09-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if they refund or not.. or what I could add on to make up the difference! Thanks Carrie. I will probably procrastinate over this for so long that the deal will expire, knowing me
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
ETA - First dial for example 0844 200 90 90 (this reduces the call cost to 0.5p per minute) and then dial the French reservation number 00 33 1 60 30 60 53
Thank you
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

You could maybe add on half board or a meal with the Princesses at Auberge de Cendrillon that could be nice for your girls

Someone who has already done this price difference thing will post tomorrow morning I'm sure and then you'll be more fixed about what you can and can't do

Vive la différence
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

When I enquired with the last flash sale, I was told absolutley not, and that was by three different CMs
Old 09-03-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_nix View Post
When I enquired with the last flash sale, I was told absolutley not, and that was by three different CMs
Was that on the French number Carrie posted above? It's so weird that some people have no trouble and some can't manage to do this
Old 09-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_nix View Post
Was that for a refund of the difference or adding extras on ?

Tis strange like you say Serenlas that some people have no pb and others get refused

Vive la différence
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #9
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

I notice that someone (sorry, forget who!) on another thread managed to upgrade their room at Santa Fe on this deal

I wonder if they don't allow it during flash sales because they're a bit more aren't they? 50-60% off? I can imagine they could stand to lose a fair bit more money..
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #10
Hipster Meg
Mouseketeer

During a flash sale last year we were able to upgrade from the Santa Fe to the Sequoia for £30, which included upgrading our meal vouchers from standard to plus. We booked through a travel agent rather than Disney direct, I'm not sure if that made a difference

http://roadtowdw.blogspot.co.uk/ My blog about planning our Disney trip (and other random stuff)
Hipster Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #11
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I wonder if they will see this as an upgrade as you are going up in category hotel wise or as a refund request as it's now costing you less

Will be interesting to see what they will say when you give them a ring. I'm keeping fingers crossed for you

Vive la différence
Old 09-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

on hold to them now, have visions of them trying to figure out what to say to me while I'm being blasted with Disney music He came back and very pointedly said "with the SAME OFFER it's just £52 more" so I asked if there are other offers and he's put me on hold again while he checks.. fingers crossed!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

It worked!! Although the price for HNY wasn't *quite* as low as it is online.. £622 as opposed to £606. I can live with that I asked whether I could have a refund or add something on to my booking and he said it was up to me. I ended up booking a meal at Auberge for £46 extra - we have been before so I hadn't planned to do it again, but at the end of the day I have 2 little girls and they won't stay little and princess mad forever will they? Plus I REALLY enjoyed our visit last time, it was my favourite meal by far! So excited

Definitely ring the number Carrie Cat posted above if you're thinking of trying to get in on the new deal Thanks Carrie Cat!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Well done !

So you are closer to the parks and have a Princess meal all for £46 ..that's great going

Vive la différence
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #15
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Exactly :D On a bit of a high now!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: