Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
cogero
DIS Veteran

We are going for our 3rd Christmas trip at Disney. and the best advice I can give anyone is the importance of rope drop.

We are flying down on 12/25 and coming home on 12/30.

This is my favorite time to go

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero
We are going for our 3rd Christmas trip at Disney. and the best advice I can give anyone is the importance of rope drop.

We are flying down on 12/25 and coming home on 12/30.

This is my favorite time to go
Thanks! We are excited and planning early mornings.

Booked our Wishes Dessert Party for the 27th today!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
Just saw this and thought it might interest you:

Ultimate Survival Guide to Disney World at Christmas
Thanks! That was a great read. She does great trip reports

Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Whew - I have been very very very sick. So sick I could barely keep my eyes open. The doc thinks it is West Nile. We wont know for another two weeks b/c the test has to be done by the CDC. The doc says I have a "mild" case. Dang, I dont want to see the worst case. My goodness. Aside from stalking and getting the Wishes Dessert party while I was home sick, I havent done much at all.

Today is the first day in 6 I actually feel like sitting up. Yeah, its been that bad. Y'all, wear your DEET! This is nothing to mess with!

I got the Wishes Dessert Party, and tweaked our ADRs, so we can make opening the days we plan to be in a park. Should help with lines I hope.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #35
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Changing up the plan - and changed the ADRs and Possible West Nile

Whew - so I was home sick last week and managed to score Wishes Dessert Party Ressies right after it opened. Then fell asleep. Finally went to the doc on Friday and he thinks its West Nile, because I was negative for everything else, had very very bad head/neck ache, with tingly hands and some other symptoms. I won't know for sure for two more weeks from last Friday, bc the test is done at the CDC. Either way, there wasnt much he could do for me, except give me a work excuse, tell me to go to bed and take ibuprofen.

So that was my last 7 days.

Yesterday I started feeling better, which meant tweaking time!! Current Plan:

12/24 - DTD after we check in for the atmosphere, and a WPE dinner.

12/25 at Epcot before opening at 9, Soarin, Test Track Nemo, Lunch at Le Cellier at noon for our CP meal, and CP at the first show. Hope to catch some of the WS storytellers, but anything extra will be gravy. We are thinking we'll hop over to DHS for the lights after the CP. And back to the hotel kinda early

12/26 at MK early for RD. Get as much done as possible early, then slow down for large capacity attractions and work the FP system. Early dinner right now at Tony's, but idk about that. gonna make this an early night.

12/27 at AK before opening (hoping the hours change to 8 like usual) and Tusker House at 1030. Finish up at the AK hopefully after the parade, maybe a little after, then back for a rest before we hop to MK for our Wishes Dessert Party

12/28 DHS - including a F! Package at Mama M's for lunch, and seats for the first F! probably outta there after that.

12/29 - no firm park plans, we do have ressies at 1900 Park Fare for an early dinner- may just check our resort decorations. - probably let the kids decide - maybe DTD if they have money left from the Christmas gc's

12/30 we have a 930 bfast at Kona - decided not to do anything real early. havent decided which park to attend, Probably Epcot to finish up some of the WS, and we want to do pick a pearl, I bought carriages from ebay, and cultured pearls have a significance to us and my FIL. We would love to wrap up our trip watching the NYE practice FW from the Poly Beach, not sure about fighting the crowd in MK for it. I think it would be a great end to the trip

12/31 - sleep in and catch the DME about 11 for our trip home

We decided against IOA this trip. we do have plans to get back for that in the near future. I also have Christmas gifts figured out - DD 11 said she wanted a video camera, and DD 7 wants an ipod touch. sounds like easy gifts to get there for that morning. other things planned are new disney pjs, special pins of their fave characters, and stuffed animals of their fave characters too.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #36
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Thanks for joining! We didn't have a choice, his wishes were to do something fun with this part of the money. He knew if he didn't stipulate it it would be used for practical things. Lol I had to place my mom in a nh this past May, so I understand those issues.

I'm concerned about ioa because of the crowds....
Glad to be on board – I was AFK for over a week too with our MiL in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Luckily she’s feeling better too And it is a good thing that he made sure the money didn’t just go for bills and stuff. No lasting memories can be made from making a car payment.

All of the parks will be tricky this time of year, just a dice roll I guess

Nice haul on the pins! We still have to do that – just gave DW a bump as she is the eBay Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
Just saw this and thought it might interest you:

Ultimate Survival Guide to Disney World at Christmas
Thank you for posting this Suzanne!!! Looks like some good reading there

West Nile??? Yikes! I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better. Nice job getting the Wishes Dessert Party – we still haven’t managed that one, largely because I insist on having Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner so we’re always too full for any dessert, even hours later

I like the modifications on the itinerary including keeping things pretty loose towards the end of the trip. You can make decisions based on crowd levels and the fam’s energy level when the time comes.

No IoA aye? I can understand that given the busy season you’re going. There’s always next time, right? And nice that you have the kiddos Christmas presents figured out. We’re still not sure what ours are getting but it won’t be anything big or expensive, that’s for sure!

Hope you are able to get plenty of rest and will be back on your feet soon
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #37
shalom
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Glad to hear you're getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Yesterday I started feeling better, which meant tweaking time!!.
Heh! I always make all kinda "tweaking" sort of plans when I'm sick as well.

Your Christmas plans look good to me, and as sensible as is possible for that season. It's hard to be going back December 31st, but OTOH, can be tough to get much sleep that night in a hotel anyhow.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #38
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom
Sorry to hear you've been sick. Glad to hear you're getting better.

Heh! I always make all kinda "tweaking" sort of plans when I'm sick as well.

Your Christmas plans look good to me, and as sensible as is possible for that season. It's hard to be going back December 31st, but OTOH, can be tough to get much sleep that night in a hotel anyhow.
Back to the doctor this afternoon. Tingly hand bothers my DH.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #39
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Back to the doctor, and he said the tingly hands are still from West Nile. Lovely.
So, back to bed for me. Monday will start the 3rd week. I'm tired of being sick and tired. My public service announcement - USE DEET.

In disney news, I haven't done anything today. I did buy some pull over fleeces for the girls for Christmas from the Disney store. I think I've settled on the ADRs - but I cant help but check them every day to see if a better time opened. Havent done so today though.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #40
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

ok so I decided to see about a tree for our resort room.
I looked at the Disney Florist Site prices.

So headed to Amazon, thankful we are flying SW and can have up to 8 bags among us!!! I bought a little tree, and some window clings, some mickey head ornaments, and some multi mini lights.

We'll take the girls stockings, some command strips and we'll be all set!

In case you are curious:

Mickey Ornaments

Aren't they just adorable!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #41
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

ME again, shopping.

Found some cute shirts on etsy I would LOVE to get, but I doubt I can talk my Dh into matching shirts. So, I might just get them for me and the girls, and let him be jealous of our adorable pictures. He already said he didnt want santa mickey ears.

Choice 1

Choice 2

Votes??!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Hubby says he's ok with the Mickey head shirts with the lights, as long as the design is smaller and on the left. Lady says no problem

I FINALLY felt better today, and got the house cleaned up.

Then the kids and I had to get out of the house, so we went to Party City to get halloween costumes (coupon!) so my two little witches are all ready.

DD7 will be a good witch, with purple accents and eyelids and lips.

DD11 wants to the the Wicked Witch, so she will be green. And she found some cool spider costume jewelry and spiderweb cape. She's happy.

Then we went to target to look for purple and red makeup, and some Mickey head green and red flashing lights just HAPPENED to hop in my cart for our room at POFQ!!!

Last edited by 1stvisit0909; 10-14-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #43
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in from Dec DIS group...FB group and Twitter

Your plans sound great.

So awesome you were able to get Le Cellier on Christmas Day for your CP -- our ADR for that day is at 1p, but not for CP.

I agree that the Epcot resorts also have nice decorations from what I have seen. Also, AKL.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #44
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Joining in from Dec DIS group...FB group and Twitter

Your plans sound great.

So awesome you were able to get Le Cellier on Christmas Day for your CP -- our ADR for that day is at 1p, but not for CP.

I agree that the Epcot resorts also have nice decorations from what I have seen. Also, AKL.
Yeah!! Thanks for joining

Old 10-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #45
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

A tweaking we will go, a tweaking we will go, hi ho the derry o a tweaking we will go.

Hi, my name is Val and I am an obsessive ADR tweaker. (Group chats: HI VAL!)

So I played with my Touring plans today - an aside, are those plans for real? Do the wait time things really work? I would be so happy if what they predict is For REaL.

Anyway, in the course of playing around with my TP....I tweaked some stuff. Only one ADR this time though. Same Restaurant, just a bit later. I decided we will need more sleep by Sunday morning. AND I've decided that Saturday we will SLEEP IN. Like for real. Like no park plan - just get up and go tour resorts, and end up at GF for our dinner. Now, I realize that may get thrown Totally out the window if the kids still have stamina. I'm ok with that. I figure, I will plan a 'down' day, and if we dont need it we can toss it.

Sunday, we now have a Kona at 10. After this, I want to go to Epcot and Japan to do the pick a pearl. Then, I plan to do whatever the kids want to do. Id like to end up back at the Poly for the fireworks, but if we crash and burn before then, so be it. or if we are having soooo much fun with attractions we cant stand it, so be it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: