Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

My First Split Stay.. Suggestions please!

Hi everyone!

I will be doing a split stay at the end of this month (whoo hoo!) and I have a couple of questions.

I will be staying two nights at Pop Century and checking out on 9/29 to move to Kidani Village. I am not renting a car, so I am relying on Disney. I've heard that Bell Services will move your bags for you to the new resort. On the morning of my move, I plan on checking out early at Pop, heading to Animal Kingdom for a few hours and then check-in at Kidani. I realize my bags may not be at Kidani until after 3pm, but I'd like to check in and take a nap (pray that my room is ready!)

Has anyone relied on Disney Bell Services for a split stay?

Also, I am renting DVC points for my Kidani stay and I am getting nervous. I signed my contract with the DVC member, and I have my reservation number, and it is still a valid reservation, but I cannot get a hold of her. I need her to add Magical Express to my Kidani reservation on 10/2. Will I be able to add this myself once I am at Kidani?

Thanks!!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
ben1993
DIS Veteran

This is exactly what we did last November, we were at Pop for 6 nights, checked out at about 10am, and asked Bell Services to move our bags to Kidani, went to Typhoon Lagoon, got the bus to Kidani at about 3pm, checked in, bell services had our bags there and our room was ready. Couldn't be more simple!

We used David's DVC for renting our points so didnt have a problem contacting them. However on our check out day at Kidani, the ME tag wasn't left on our door so I went down to the front desk to ask about it, the cast member just asked for our flight numbers etc. and printed out our ME confirmation. If you can't get hold of your DVC member, just ask at front desk when you check in.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

You will be able to add it yourself. I am also renting points and while she added it, it doesn't show up in my reservations. I am told this is quite common. When you check in at AKV, just give them your flight information and let them know that you will be needing DME. I have called about that just in case and they said it wasn't a problem either.

I am nervous about renting too, but luckily, my renter has been very communicative when needed.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
J&J
DIS Veteran

stay

we also have stayed at two different hotel. we had the problem no lugguge then could not check in. when you leave the first hotel call very early for your lugguge pick up. This way your lugguge may get there early. still most hotes say after 3 is check in. Dvc is after 4 for check in and we have had to ait sometimes till 5. Only if your lugguge is there and a room availbe can you check in early.
Call disney magical express give them your flight number and booking number. 866-599-0951
We have rented many times from DVcers no problem except once having trouble getting ahold of an owner. Still no trouble with the booking.
good luck
Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

I was able to get a hold of my renter! She added ME to my reservation.

As for my split stay, what are the chances of my studio at Kidani being ready in the morning?? I'm running the ToT race that evening, and was hoping to take a nap and relax.

I don't know why I am so nervous about switching. Should I take a cab from Pop to Kidani? Or just transfer at a park? I was planning on going to AK that morning, but am thinking I should check in to Kidani first in hopes of my room being ready sooner.

Thanks for all of the advice!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Your room could be ready, but it's not likely, I'd go to AK if I were you and then catch the bus back to Kidani.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: