Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #76
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Probably not, but you can see so much from the overlooks which you can drive up to, and they have ramps-

And a big YEA on the helicopters!! Of course they have that!

How inspiring is THIS, tho- I read about a guy (on a hiking website) who did it, and he has a disability where he has to wear leg braces- I was VERY impressed!
Very inspiring , I was however thinking of me with the chairlift
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

That scenery is stunning. I am so glad I remembered to check out your pictures tonight. I don't think I could have stood another day at work where I looked at your updates and said DOH! I can believe how blue that water is. Gorgeous.

Seriously - you really did your homework to know about the shaved ice place and why am I not shocked that not even one of the males in your house listened to you when you told them about the ice cream? Sound familiar.

Oh - an about the Dell - I think its time for a Mac Missy. You will not regret it!

Keep the updates coming. A-MAZING!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #78
amyngary
Mouseketeer

chickens

You went to my favorite Hawaiian island without me??!!!

During our most recent trip to Kauai, we started a game anytime we were in the car to make up different "why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes (inspired of course by all the chickens everywhere there). It was such fun and we still remind each other of those jokes.... "Why did the lion cross the Serengeti Plain? .... To get to the other Pride!... Why did the preschooler cross the playground? ... to get to the other SLIDE!...........

We had another trip booked to Kauai two Christmases ago, but then found out that we were expecting our third child. I've been wishing ever since - canceling that trip was so hard to do! And not rebooking it yet has been tough too, but we want to wait until our last child is out of diapers and can feed and dress himself first. It's a long wait!

All this to say thanks for letting me live vicariously through you for now. Great report. I hope to find out as you share more that you did the stunning helicopter ride, but if not, you'll just have to go back!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #79
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Oh good! I haven't missed too much, I saw 5 pages and thought yikes!!!!!

I remember when you booked this trip and shared your plans on one of your BCV TRs. The pictures so far have been stunning! And I know you have some exciting plans in the works!
Hi there!! Yea- it's 5 pages of mostly photos-I feel like it looks ridiculous when you look at the table of contents and I have so many posts- and not even out of day 1 yet! But this was a BIG day for photography- not that others weren't, too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
WOW, WOW, WOW....such BEAUTIFUL pictures AND a well written report of your trip to Hawaii!!

Your a gal after my own heart....lover of Disney & Hawaii!

I have been to Hawaii 3 times, but on a cruise ship each time! OH, that's right, you like cruising, too!!! I read ALOT of reports, just don't comment like I probably should.

We are thinking next time we go to Hawaii of not doing a cruise. Kauai & Maui are my favorite islands. Of course, I think I would be happy to stay on any of them!!
Hi! So nice to meet you! And thanks for the extremely lovely compliments! My head's all big now, there'll be no liven with me! Which cruise did you take? I was thinking about doing that next time- but I can't get past the fact that Kauai is calling me back for a week just for it, but I really want to see Maui again and go to Hana and Haleakala for the sunrise....and then Aulani is on Oahu, so I'd need to go back there, too- SUCH a dilemma! I know that the NCL POA goes to Maui and Kauai overnight- but I don't think that's gonna be enough for me! It is SUCH a special place.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Yup the ball of twine. It's only an hour from my house.

I'll send the boys a postcard...lol
Oh no- just send it directly to Pods- he's the one who is absolutely DYING to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I sure could use one of those shaved ice things right now! I would have to do without the Mac nuts, never cutivated a taste for them.

I love to talk with people in line with me when on vacation. The kids used ot gte so embarrassed when I did that.

Hawaii is so beautiful, just wish the plane ride wasn't so long.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio & it does the jump around thing, too. It drives me crazy when that happens.
Too bad you don't like the macnuts! Ok, YOU can get the vanilla at the bottom! My kids don't get embarrassed when I talk to strangers- they just roll their eyes and say "What a surprise- Mommy's making a new friend..." REALLY!

Like I said before- sometimes the best places are worth sucking it up for on a long plane ride- take a pill, take a nap- whatever it takes, go to Hawaii!

Sorry you have the jumping problem, too- it's REALLY bad this morning- I've had to stop and start like 50 times so far just doing these replies-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
I am LOVIN your trip report. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful vacation.
you are very welcome- I hope it's coming across as fun as it actually was!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #80
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So is shaved ice like a snowcone? I am not fond of those and it sounds really strange with icecream in it...so I am guessing I am out of the loop of what it really is.

But I suppose if I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii, I might give it a try.
I like the black sand beach...very pretty
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #81
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Very inspiring , I was however thinking of me with the chairlift
No chairlifts yet, but ya never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That scenery is stunning. I am so glad I remembered to check out your pictures tonight. I don't think I could have stood another day at work where I looked at your updates and said DOH! I can believe how blue that water is. Gorgeous.

Seriously - you really did your homework to know about the shaved ice place and why am I not shocked that not even one of the males in your house listened to you when you told them about the ice cream? Sound familiar.

Oh - an about the Dell - I think its time for a Mac Missy. You will not regret it!

Keep the updates coming. A-MAZING!
So funny-I was catching up on your TR when you were looking at mine. On yours, all I can think is how different you and your BR are and how your SIL looks like she is on a merry go round when she's taking the plunge on Splash! Last night before I crashed I was up to a point where they FINALLY seemed to be letting their hair down a little- I hope that continues for all of your sakes!

YEA- I sure did my homework for Hawaii. I was completely OBSESSED!! I read 6 books (all historical fiction) to get a good feel for what Hawaii IS, read EVERY review on Yelp and Trip Advisor and Chowhound, every blog I could find- it was a LOT of fun, the Hawaii planning- I haven't planned like that since we went to Italy for our 20th Anniversary. REALLY am blue right now it's over!

And, I wanted THIS computer to be a MAC!! But Pods wouldn't listen!! Stupid AMATEUR again!! However....oddly enough....just yesterday he said "I think we should get a mac".... REALLY? Are you SURE Pods??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
You went to my favorite Hawaiian island without me??!!!

During our most recent trip to Kauai, we started a game anytime we were in the car to make up different "why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes (inspired of course by all the chickens everywhere there). It was such fun and we still remind each other of those jokes.... "Why did the lion cross the Serengeti Plain? .... To get to the other Pride!... Why did the preschooler cross the playground? ... to get to the other SLIDE!...........

We had another trip booked to Kauai two Christmases ago, but then found out that we were expecting our third child. I've been wishing ever since - canceling that trip was so hard to do! And not rebooking it yet has been tough too, but we want to wait until our last child is out of diapers and can feed and dress himself first. It's a long wait!

All this to say thanks for letting me live vicariously through you for now. Great report. I hope to find out as you share more that you did the stunning helicopter ride, but if not, you'll just have to go back!
Sooooo funny! I LOVE your jokes!!! You are definitely invited on the next trip!! Which I hope I can talk Pods into taking in a couple of years- Kauai really was amazing- my favorite island ever- a title previously held by St John in the USVI. They are so alike, those two islands.

I know how it is, waiting for the babies to grow up enough to go somewhere- we had the same issue once, and it was for Disney- Pods would not consider going until Timmy was 4. It took FOREVER!!!! But, I can tell you, tho, as a mom of 3, #3 catches on earlier than everyone else, so hopefully it won't be long before you can take that return trip-

We did take a helicopter ride on our honeymoon- on the Big Island- it was spectacular....but, that was one thing that we didn't do this time- sorry- I am the PTA President at the middle school, and one of the school secretaries made me PROMISE I would not take a helicopter ride on Kauai. Her daughter went on her honeymoon there this past november, and the day before their own ride, another honeymoon couple tragically crashed and died. So...I promised her i wouldn't go- we did hike on the Napali, and did a really great boat ride, so, I hope you'll still keep reading!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #82
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So is shaved ice like a snowcone? I am not fond of those and it sounds really strange with icecream in it...so I am guessing I am out of the loop of what it really is.

But I suppose if I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii, I might give it a try.
I like the black sand beach...very pretty
It is and it isn't like a snow cone- the ice is actually shaved, which makes it very light- not hard like a snowcone (I am not a fan of them, either). The toppings, when they are good, like they were at JoJos, taste kind of fresh- not super duper over the top sweet and chemical, like a snowcone, and the ice cream in the bottom was yum.....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #83
glokitty
Earning My Ears

Awesome TR, love it! Can't wait for my trip to Kauai (staying at the Fern Grotto Inn) and Aulani in Jan.

glokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #84
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Definitely would have been a Lotta Colada shaved ice for me. You are totally right about the whole mac nut thing...why would you get vanilla if mac nut is there?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #85
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

franandaj sent me over to check out your TR. I'm enjoying all your pics and thanks for showing me the trail we've been trying to decide if I could make it. I'm thinking I'm too out of shape.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #86
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

playing catch up. your computers acting up and my internet (or maybe its my router?) is spazzing out so I havent been able to log in and I hate reading from my phone!

Wow those views are breathtaking.. even the ones with all the fog and clouds. Its like you are actually in the clouds! So great that you were able to pack so much into the day. I love those types of vacations.

Btw the monkey on this trip is the cutest one you have ever kissed! lol !
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #87
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your pictures are stunning! Not sure how I'd feel about all that hiking but the views sure do seem worth it!

You've definitely got me thinking about a trip. May I ask were there any resources (books, websites etc.) that you found especially helpful for planning? I would do Oahu/Aulani of course but probably another island as well. You're making a strong case for Kauai but love Maui too.

Fun to dream about at least! They need to add a smiley wearing a grass skirt and doing the hula!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #88
chasshan
calgirl6

What a great TR, and I love the pictures, WOW!
I've been enjoying reading the Dismoms 4.....TR, and was so excited to see your thread/link for this one.
What a coincidence as, just yesterday, I was literally just looking at pricing for Aulani for next summer. Not too bad if I can rent DVC points for 2 studios, but I'm guessing availability could be an issue. I keep teetering on the decision to buy into DVC, and Aulani might finally sway me. Decisions, decisions....hmmmmm.

I agree, there should be a hula smiley face girl, but until then will stitch do?

Can't wait for the next post!
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #89
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I am in and reading.....great photos, Ellen.

We are hoping to go for our 30th in 5 years....starting the planning now

Cheryl
Old 09-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #90
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glokitty View Post
Awesome TR, love it! Can't wait for my trip to Kauai (staying at the Fern Grotto Inn) and Aulani in Jan.
Thank-you! And GREAT choice of a second island to add on to an Aulani stay- Is the fern grotto inn near the Fern grotto?Sounds beautiful-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Definitely would have been a Lotta Colada shaved ice for me. You are totally right about the whole mac nut thing...why would you get vanilla if mac nut is there?
EXACTLY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
franandaj sent me over to check out your TR. I'm enjoying all your pics and thanks for showing me the trail we've been trying to decide if I could make it. I'm thinking I'm too out of shape.
That's awesome! Thanks for saying hi! On that trail- give it a shot, you never know what you can do- I knew that we were going to be VERY active on this trip, so I put myself into training months before we left- and worked out religiously for the month before hand- it made it sooo much easier than it would have been.

BTW- I LOVE your tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
playing catch up. your computers acting up and my internet (or maybe its my router?) is spazzing out so I havent been able to log in and I hate reading from my phone!

Wow those views are breathtaking.. even the ones with all the fog and clouds. Its like you are actually in the clouds! So great that you were able to pack so much into the day. I love those types of vacations.

Btw the monkey on this trip is the cutest one you have ever kissed! lol !
I hate it when you can't get on the internet!! I need your posts to make me laugh!!

Yea- we WERE in the clouds- sometimes, they were below us. That was a really cool feeling-

and I agree 100%- by FAR the cutest monkey I have ever kissed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: