Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #451
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

We were STARVING when we got back to Aulani! Surfing works up some powerful hunger, Dude! After running up to make sure we still had our room, (which was after I picked up new keys at the front desk), we went right to Mama's Snack Stop and ordered some hot dogs and red hots, although Tim had chicken fingers- then searched for seats, which were not at ALL easy to find this late in the day (It was probably around 1:00). We ended up sitting in front of AMA AMA.

The red hots are the local dog, and they are served with mayo-actually, it is aoli, so a tiny bit garlicky-

Nice view for lunch-

When we were finished, we all went for a swim-

The boys left to go hang at Painted Sky and play some video games, and Pods and I checked out the water slide.

The one without the inner tibe- it was a blast! Really fast! Then we wanted to do the other one- it took a little while, but eventually we got some inner tubes at the slide exit. After we came down, we floated for a while in the lazy river. we figured we had earned a slow, lazy afternoon!

Back in a sec-

Last edited by podsnel; 01-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #452
podsnel

I should mention the second slide was fun, too!

The lazy river is ENORMOUS! It does move slowly, but that didn't bother us on this day.

It did seem to be pretty crowded (although my pics aren't really showing that) and we realized that it was Friday and things were picking up at the resort.

Get a brush, El!

Going through the tunnel-

Pods was totally humoring me going around a few times. He is very bored in a lazy river. Which i don't get at ALL, because I can tell you for a fact that in 3 weeks when we are in Mexico his entire dance card will be filled with 3 activities- golf, the swim up bar, and working up a power-drool puddle while he snores on the beach. Doesn't seem that high energy to me, either, but what do I know? We went for another slide-

Before moving over to the quiet pool for some RnR (and for Pods, working on the power-drool activity....) We passed by Mama's on the way-

Cont'd next post-

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #453
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Mexico? Are you headed back to Iberostar?
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #454
podsnel

We missed our chance here-

Since we weren't in the mood for a cocktail until later, when it was closed.

Pods found his place in the shade, and I went to check on the boys in Painted Sky. They were fine, just hangin and playing video games. I came back, then for some reason i went up to the room (maybe to grab my book?), passing the now vanished Stingrays-

and the pool-

In the villa, I noticed we had a message.

Remember Jaren? The VERY nice Valet? The message was from him. It seems that after our little exchange this morning when I had been so stressed, he personally went over to the front desk to make sure our keys were working when we returned. Then, for our inconvenience, he offered to give us free valet for the rest of the trip! Well, that was not neccessary, but it was incredibly sweet! And typical of probably 90% at least of the CMs at Aulani, they were just great. I called back, but he had left for the day- don't worry- I went to see him on Saturday to gush my thank-yous! I also mentioned him in my survey. <3 Here's a pic from that-

If you have seen that Aulani video Christmas card that's floating around, he is in the last scene- standing in the back of all the valets.

Anywho...back to the quiet pool-

And Mr. Drool Puddler-

Currently, they were setting up for tonight's Starlit Hui right behind us-

We eventually headed up to our room with the boys- time to get ready for our dinner at Roy's!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #455
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
YES!!! The end of the month for 5 nights.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #456
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Thank YOU!! Me too!! How is Fran? Did you see we changed our dates again? Now going to be in Anaheim 8/21-26....I think the first night they will be going to an Angels game- I will be in DL.
Fran and I are both getting over an upper respiratory thing, since we got back from the cruise. She had to postpone her arthritis drugs from next Monday to the following week. Her main wound is getting smaller, but another opened up. I think we will still be changing dressings on our WDW trip at the end of the month.

I didn't notice your dates had changed, but since I live near DL, I would have only noticed if you changed it to a time when I would be out of town. We'll have to met up for a drink!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #457
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Excellent!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #458
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love me some lazy river! Men just don't get it do they?

You look super tan in the one photo. Have fun in Mexico! We're at 8 weeks out for our FLA break, a week in Orlando at the timeshare. I better not say it on here but we may not hit a park at all this year, except for Legoland. We just enjoy the warm and pool time.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #459
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You know you are tortouring me, Ellen, don't you?

Okay, yes, I love all the pics and that lazy river looks just AWESOME!!!!!!! All those Aulani pics just make me want to go there ....... now all I need is the airfare to plummit. (which it won't!)

And another vacation coming up. Hope you are doing another report! I just LOVE reading those!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #460
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #461
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Sandy update, not too much about the problems in the news lately. Glad help will be decided on today.

Love me some lazy river time, don't do the slides, hate getting my face wet!

Love the blue toes, most stylish!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #462
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Love how you spent your afternoon. Yeah, I have the drool pool guy here just sitting and sleeping while "watching" a game, but he won't sit on the beach, or do a float around for long either.

The Red Hot dog looks great! I guess I didn't know about that one - so many reasons to go back! If I don't catch up to you before you leave, have a great time in Mexico!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #463
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We eventually headed up to our room with the boys- time to get ready for our dinner at Roy's!
Loved your update. So nice to remember...we did that...uh huh, we were right there by the quiet pool...we sat there during Starlit Hui...

I'm interested to hear your review of Roy's. DW and I enjoyed it much more than Ama Ama. I guess it didn't hurt that they knew we were celebrating our anniversary and treated us accordingly!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic

Last edited by saintstickets; 01-07-2013 at 09:10 PM.
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #464
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great pix Ellen !! Now the Lazy River is something I CAN handle especially if kids aren't around to splash/dunk meI do believe I may be talking to Carol about a Hawaiin Free trip
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #465
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Glad you didn't have too much damage from Sandy. But the bad looks like it was really close. Hope your neighbors get relief soon. It was such a terrible storm. Many thoughts and prayers for those who were so affected by it.

What a nice relaxing afternoon at the resort. Love me some lazy river time. And I hate to say this but so does my DH. But he loves his naps too! lol. And I can't believe you are still going after the surfing and sliding and wandering around the resort. I bet you were pretty exhausted by the time you called it a night.

Can't wait to see what was for dinner though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: