Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #436
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Amazing update! I can just feel your joy and excitement!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #437
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had an awesome time surfing! So great that you got pics of all of you up on the boards. That's awesome that they were all firemen doing the instruction.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #438
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Okay...I was looking for an excuse to return to Aulani and now I have it...I wanna try my hand (or should I say feet?) at surfing like podsnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You go girl...or should that be...righteous wave riding dude? Either way, I wanna try it now!

Great update....more please?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #439
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love love love the surfing photos Gidget.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #440
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Righteous! Sweet! You Totally Rock!!!

I love the surfing pics! My sister and I are already planning June 2014 Aulani for my niece's 8th grade promotion trip, she would love doing this.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #441
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Indigo"] Absolutely!! And congrats on the MGR status- I love the moisturizer and eye creme!
Thanks, Ellen! So happy you are enjoying the products! I am loving these products and loving this business! It is great when people notice you look younger than the last time they saw you!

Excited you have written another update - heading in to read!

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 01-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #442
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Awesome Ellen!!!! I am so excited for you! It is so amazing when you accomplish something you've been waiting for all of your life! You did such a great job and the joy on your face, (and Tim's) is priceless! I love how Pods gave the Fireman a hard time. Now, I hope you can get back in your room.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #443
Beth D
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE the surfer pics!

You totally rocked! I would so be there too! When I get there I am definitely going surfing!

Side note but related - our local paper sponsors a fit contest every couple months where local folks compete to get healthy and lose weight. One of the recent contestants was getting fit for her 50th birthday, because she was going to Hawaii and going surfing! I think she lost about 30 pounds before going, and worked a lot on swimming and her stamina as part of her health challenge! (She didn't look as good as you at 50!)

When are you out to CA? I may be back in Feb for work...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #444
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
And then......

Had a huge smile on my face when I saw this photo because you look SOOOO happy! What a great, amazing thing.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #445
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Love the pics! You did a great job Ellen. We are planning on a trip to Aulani at some point. Will nlot probably be until 2017 - the boys will be 16 & 13. I told Steve that I need to make a copy of your trip report so I will know all of the cool things to do/see/eat.
Thanks! LOL- I'm sure in 4 years there will be a TON more restaurants and shops in the area- it is just being built up, really. So then you will be able to tell ME where to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Bravo Ellen! Wow! Your excitement is really infectious. You did a GREAT job! Best candid shot ever of you on the surf board. You go girl! You guys make it look easy and I know it wasn't.

Thanks!! I was very excited when he took it- can you tell? He did a great job capturing everyone's reactions- what an awesome job as a photographer, taking pics of people all day who are SOOO stinkin happy with themselves. It was definitely challenging, but those BIG boards make it as easy as possible- I would definitely like to try again.

So glad it all worked out with your room snafu and all.

(PS - I started a new TR with Cynthia -see below - so when your hectic social life allows - stop on by)
Thanks so much for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Your excitement shows in the pictures! Such a wonderful adventure for your family. I, too, loved the movie & book Gidget, & wanted so much to try surfing. Of course I didn't figure on the importance of knowing how ot swim!
Yes- well- swimming is pretty important for surfing- so I would definitely work on that skill first, if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
You Go Girl! How exciting for you. You look like you are having the time of your life in the photos.
Thanks! I was having a BLAST- I could not BELIEVE I could do it.

Last edited by podsnel; 01-03-2013 at 04:55 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #446
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

You all look like you were having a *F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S* time! I'm glad you got to cross it off your bucket list!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #447
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I wanted to ask how things are in your area since hurricane Sandy. I never hear much about the conditions in that area any more in the news.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #448
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Amazing update! I can just feel your joy and excitement!
Thanks Sally! I was joyful- what was cool was everyone cheered when everyone else got up- as well as me cheering for myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Looks like you had an awesome time surfing! So great that you got pics of all of you up on the boards. That's awesome that they were all firemen doing the instruction.
Than you! Those firemen were GREAT guys- and they were really happy about what they were doing. LOVED them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Okay...I was looking for an excuse to return to Aulani and now I have it...I wanna try my hand (or should I say feet?) at surfing like podsnel!!

You go girl...or should that be...righteous wave riding dude? Either way, I wanna try it now!

Great update....more please?
GO BILL!!! And I believe the term is Dudette....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love love love the surfing photos Gidget.
Thanks California Girl! Do you both surf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Righteous! Sweet! You Totally Rock!!!

I love the surfing pics! My sister and I are already planning June 2014 Aulani for my niece's 8th grade promotion trip, she would love doing this.
Thank you!! And YES! I am sure she would love this! My kids both did! Actually, every person there, did. It was a spectacular experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Thanks, Ellen! So happy you are enjoying the products! I am loving these products and loving this business! It is great when people notice you look younger than the last time they saw you!

Excited you have written another update - heading in to read!
It is great stuff- thanks for recommending it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Awesome Ellen!!!! I am so excited for you! It is so amazing when you accomplish something you've been waiting for all of your life! You did such a great job and the joy on your face, (and Tim's) is priceless! I love how Pods gave the Fireman a hard time. Now, I hope you can get back in your room.
Thank you, Tammie- yes, it was very exciting, it truly meant so much to me to be able to do that. Pods was very funny- but really, I was out there talking to that guy for at least 20 minutes. It was a good looooooong break!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #449
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
LOVE LOVE the surfer pics!

You totally rocked! I would so be there too! When I get there I am definitely going surfing!

EXCELLENT!!!!! You will love it, it makes you feel totally empowered.

Side note but related - our local paper sponsors a fit contest every couple months where local folks compete to get healthy and lose weight. One of the recent contestants was getting fit for her 50th birthday, because she was going to Hawaii and going surfing! I think she lost about 30 pounds before going, and worked a lot on swimming and her stamina as part of her health challenge! (She didn't look as good as you at 50!)

Very cool! The surfing was my big motivator too- I WISH I had lost 30 lbs- that is amazing! I went to the gym a LOT before I went, mostly motivated by the fact that if I couldn't get up on that board, I would be disgusted with myself forever. Well, not disgusted, but disappointed. What was really good about all that was that I could do all the hikes, etc, and no issues. It was key to our successful vacation, and we were really aware of that.

And thanks for the compliments- very sweet! Makes my day!

We will be in CA August 13 to 26- 4 nights in San Fran, 3 nights in Yosemite, 1 travel, 5 nights DL.

When are you out to CA? I may be back in Feb for work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Had a huge smile on my face when I saw this photo because you look SOOOO happy! What a great, amazing thing.
THANKS!! I'm so glad about those photos- they very accurately show how it was to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You all look like you were having a *F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S* time! I'm glad you got to cross it off your bucket list!
Thank YOU!! Me too!! How is Fran? Did you see we changed our dates again? Now going to be in Anaheim 8/21-26....I think the first night they will be going to an Angels game- I will be in DL.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #450
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I wanted to ask how things are in your area since hurricane Sandy. I never hear much about the conditions in that area any more in the news.
My area is fine- this is how it looked the morning after at my house-

So, other than the $6000 to take down all the trees, we were fine. Around the corner, this happened-

My neighbor had alot of damage, $30,000 worth, I believe-

She still has a blue tarp on her roof. We were all very fortunate. At the beach, some towns (like Union Beach) STILL have no school, I believe. All of my friends suffered some form of damage to their homes at the beach- but it's their parents' homes that really were damaged with flooding and most do not have flood insurance. Many homes got washed away, or washed off their foundations and into other homes. So sad, especially when it was a primary residence. There was a normal rainstorm a couple of weeks ago, and in Seaside Heights it flooded everything on the bay side because everything is already saturated and there is no where for water to go. Congress still hasn't ponied up for these people, and Chris Christie went in and blasted them all the other day- hopefully it will help all these folks who need the help so badly!

Thanks for asking-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: