Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #271
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Just found your report today and read the whole thing. Hawaii is so beautiful!!! Looking forward to Aulani.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #272
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I don't like macadamia nuts, but I swear I could lap that pie up pretty fast!

I have mentioned Hawaii for our 50th anniversary, but DH just doesn't want that long of a plane ride! I got to start pushing his butt a bit harder!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #273
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I have mentioned Hawaii for our 50th anniversary, but DH just doesn't want that long of a plane ride! I got to start pushing his butt a bit harder!
Push hard Wicket's Mom! DW and I just returned from Aulani for our 30th and it was fantastic! The plane trip is long but when we go back, we will break it up with a stop over on the west coast.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #274
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I'll keep my eye out for the taco truck in Dec.

If you get on Marriott's mailing list you'll get some deals if you listen to their timeshare spiel. We've stayed their twice and one time there was a guy in a speedo doing a different sand sculpture each day.

Our DS went to college with a guy that lives on Maui and raises cattle on Kauai and Maui so we stopped at his ranch on both islands last January. Very beautiful views. The one on Kauai is on the same road as you take out to the falls.

I can't wait to hear what you think about Aulani and see your pics.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #275
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I need to run out and do some errands this morning, but I just had to post here first, because.........

SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!!!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #276
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
There was a coconut hanging above this, very cute!

Love it!

Quote:
It was very quiet here, and when timmy saw the beautiful pool, he wanted to know why he hadn't stayed in this resort with a pool like this-

300 reasons a night, my friend, 300 reasons a night!
Exactly. I guess somebody pays that.

Quote:
This is a great place for dinner on the way to the airport- we were pulling in to Alamo in under 10 minutes. Of course, Pods was TOTALLY confused about who was supposed to refill what gas tank (largely due to the fact that we had picked up this car seemingly in our sleep when we arrived), but it was all worked out....we checked our bags, waited a bit, and were flying VERY QUICKLY over to Oahu on Hawaiian Air (HA has jets, and WOW does it make a difference!).
(furiously taking notes)

Quote:
We were surprised at how much cheaper the condos were, too! All the Princeville condos are pretty close to each other, it's a small area- you'll love it. So beautiful. What are you planning to do on Kauai?
I'm hoping my kids will be up for the hike on the 1st part of the Kalalau Trail to the first beach (2 miles). I'd like to at least see the Na Pali Coast that way since I doubt we'll spring for the boat/helicopter tours. We'll try and get to Waimea Canyon on another day. The scenery just looks spectacular. And in the meantime, we'll just spend time exploring the beaches, towns and waterfalls.

Quote:
Try to find the Wild boar truck-http://www.yelp.com/biz/kauai-wild-b...-stand-anahola It looks amazing, but we didn't see it either when we were there. It will be on the left in Anahola as you are coming to Princeville from the airport in Lihue. I think we were just driving too fast and missed it (even though I was saying slow down and we were looking for it. ) But it must be slightly off the road. Another place I would have LOVED to go is Hamura Saimin- but the timing was just off for us when we were in the area- http://www.yelp.com/biz/hamuras-saimin-lihue That place is an institution, it has been there forever- and who doesn't love noodles?
(furiously taking notes)
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #277
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

happy dance!!!! single digits is the best feeling ever!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #278
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Single digits! YEAH!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #279
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

I need to run out and do some errands this morning, but I just had to post here first, because.........

SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!!!!!

JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #280
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Loving the report! Can't wait to see Aulani, but I guess that means we'll have to wait for the conclusion since you're in single digits!

Quote:

Next summer we will be (hopefully) staying in DL from 8/14-8/19. We start our trip in San Francisco for 4 nights, then staying in Groveland for a night at the Hotel Charlotte outside of the park entrance, 2 nights at the Ahwahnee, 1 night at a hampton on the way to DL and then DL! I switched the trip so that hopefully, we can use our points at VGC- I knew I'd never get it during D23, people were already taking about having difficulty at 11 months.
So now you have me curious. I had to google Groveland, never been to Yosemite. What Hampton Inn are you staying in on the way to DL? Will you be coming down the I5 or 101? Listen to me! Ha! I'm more concerned with your PTR for this trip than your Aulani trip....

Ok back to Aulani!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #281
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:

SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!!!!!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #282
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

WOOHOO Party Time Waynes World Single Digits. All the single digits all he single digits.. lol

I wish I had something to look forward to in the single digits... Dress size would be great! lol
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #283
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I'm just going to ignore the single digit dance.

I'm a little concerned that this is supposed to be an "anniversary" trip but there's not much podsnel time, if you know what I mean.

So spice it up! Just how did you two sweethearts meet, anyway?
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #284
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Just found your report today and read the whole thing. Hawaii is so beautiful!!! Looking forward to Aulani.
Hi! Thanks so much for joining in and for saying hello- I get lonely over here when people don't say hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I don't like macadamia nuts, but I swear I could lap that pie up pretty fast!

My kids don't like mac nuts either (or maybe Tyler does, but he just had enough!) but they loved that pie.... I bet you would, too-
And you really need to work on your DH- Hawaii is a special, special place. It is completely different from ANY Caribbean island. I promise it is worth the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Push hard Wicket's Mom! DW and I just returned from Aulani for our 30th and it was fantastic! The plane trip is long but when we go back, we will break it up with a stop over on the west coast.
Yes! Do that, Mother of Wicket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'll keep my eye out for the taco truck in Dec.

That one is VERY easy to find. Soooo yummy....

If you get on Marriott's mailing list you'll get some deals if you listen to their timeshare spiel. We've stayed their twice and one time there was a guy in a speedo doing a different sand sculpture each day.

How cool! And thanks for the tip!

Our DS went to college with a guy that lives on Maui and raises cattle on Kauai and Maui so we stopped at his ranch on both islands last January. Very beautiful views. The one on Kauai is on the same road as you take out to the falls.

I'm sure we saw some of his livestock- it was all ranchland on the way out to those falls.

I can't wait to hear what you think about Aulani and see your pics.
Planning to start it today (as I avoid cleaning up my messy house!).
Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #285
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Love it!

Exactly. I guess somebody pays that.

(furiously taking notes)

I'm hoping my kids will be up for the hike on the 1st part of the Kalalau Trail to the first beach (2 miles). I'd like to at least see the Na Pali Coast that way since I doubt we'll spring for the boat/helicopter tours. We'll try and get to Waimea Canyon on another day. The scenery just looks spectacular. And in the meantime, we'll just spend time exploring the beaches, towns and waterfalls.

I'm sure they could do it- my best advice for adults is build up your thigh muscles before you go because you will be using those muscles a LOT! Also- PROMISE me you won't try it in flip flops or sneakers- there are alot of rocks, and they are definitely wet and slippery.

(furiously taking notes)
Glad this is helpful for you! Something we wanted to do, but never had the time for, was a bike ride on the Coconut coast- there is an AWESOME bike path along the ocean for several miles- the bikes are cheap to rent, and there are discounts. Timmy and I were sad we missed this. Here is a link- http://www.coconutcoasters.com/ What I love about it, is that you can bring a picnic lunch with you and make a day of it- and it's a relatively cheap thing to do-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
happy dance!!!! single digits is the best feeling ever!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Single digits! YEAH!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WOOHOO Party Time Waynes World Single Digits. All the single digits all he single digits.. lol

I wish I had something to look forward to in the single digits... Dress size would be great! lol
Thanks everyone! Only 1 week to go! Good thing that bad storm is supposed to be out of here by Weds- just hope this one is not as damaging as the 2 we had last year...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: