Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #211
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
This is where my family is like yours I wouldnt be able to drag them out of the ocean either. that Drink x2 looks delish!

and great another Floozy in La that wants to be an actress.. that doesnt get old LMAO
She was a very sweet floozy! And that drink x2 was DA BOMB diggity!

Hey- do you have any idea when you're arriving and departing in May? It;s time for me to contact the concierge and make ADRs....and I'm wondering about you- also need to book a flight, and trying to figure out what time we're all leaving.....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #212
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
The tours only run out of Hanalei in the summer- it's too rough during the winter months- I'm actually not sure how long they go into the fall. How long was your dinner tour?
We've only been to Kauai in January, February and October so we've always taken the dinner cruise out of Port Allen. I think check in was around 2PM and they have you back right at dark. They typically stay out on the water until sunset and then motor back into port.

Love your sunset pics!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #213
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
She was a very sweet floozy!
Living in LA, I didn't even bat an eye at the floozy, we see them all the time! I notice when I see people with bad teeth or not plastic surgery fixed faces!

Is that sad?
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #214
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
We've only been to Kauai in January, February and October so we've always taken the dinner cruise out of Port Allen. I think check in was around 2PM and they have you back right at dark. They typically stay out on the water until sunset and then motor back into port.

Love your sunset pics!
That sounds very nice- lots of time on the boat! Did you see tons of whales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Living in LA, I didn't even bat an eye at the floozy, we see them all the time! I notice when I see people with bad teeth or not plastic surgery fixed faces!

Is that sad?
No not sad- that's LA!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #215
podsnel

We woke up to this-

on our last morning in paradise. I had to sit out there, again, just to take it all in one last time.

I took an iphone pic to post on FB, and when I was done checking in, I looked up and gasped- literally- when I saw this-

Yea, that's right- one last gorgeous rainbow over Hanalei Bay ALL for my enjoyment. Thanks, God! I decided to try out a new lens attachment-

When I gasped, and I think I may have actually thanked God out loud, our neighbor on the next balcony started talking to me- he was a dad in the GORGEOUS condo attached to our little studio- the one I would have gotten if we had been staying longer than 3 nights with our kids. I had a little condo envy for him, that"s for sure! We had a nice conversation about stuff to do on Kauai- I don't know what he had been doing with his family all week, mostly sitting on the beach I believe, but he still had 4 more days there and he was very interested in all we had been doing. So I gave him all our info. The next thing I heard was him on his phone, trying to book stuff.

Geez- who knew I was so inspirational!

Down below, this guy was in full on **** a doodle do mode-

So my family was all up and admiring the rainbow, too. Which was good, because that meant we could get our act together and head out for some fun stuff!!

I just LOVED the time difference. It made all of us, even my 15 year old who could sleep all day, get up and get going! We didn't miss a thing!

On the way into Hanalei, I took some photos at an overlook. Although, I wish I would have taken a few more without the attachment. Oh well. Next time...

Today we were going to do some hiking, check out some dry caves, visit the last beach, Ke'e Beach, snorkel at Tunnels....then come back, finish packing up (we had 5pm check out because our owner, Janice, was AWESOME!!!!) head east to see a famous twin waterfall, have dinner at Duke's, and fly to Oahu.

A very relaxing day.

We were having breakfast at Hanalei Coffee Roasters, where I had gone the day before. There was a waffle that was begging us to eat it there.

On Monday, when I had come here by myself, the line was HUGE...on Tuesday- it was nonexistant. Of course, I got another Coco Mocha, because ....well, why wouldn't I? Where else am I having that?

I know on another trip report, I said the best part of wakin up is bacon in your cup, but, truly, the best part of wakin up is a Coco Mocha in your cup! YUMMMMMMM......

You place your order inside, and grab a table out on the wrap around porch where they will bring you your food. Small tables for 2, so we sat back to back with the boys.

The tables themselves were very cool-

But the waffles they put on that table were even cooler!

YUMMMMMM.....it was so, so good! I squirted coconut syrup all over mine. It was CRAZY delicious... Tyler must have been hungry- I didn't come close to finishing.

Timmy had some plain pancakes- which he said were just ok-

Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 10-16-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #216
podsnel

A few shots across the street of Hanalei town-

It was time- to head to the end of the road on Kauai's North Shore-

Which is a very pretty drive over one lane bridges, through trees, next to the ocean....

And taro fields-

We parked along the side of the road to go check out a dry cave-

Time to upload more pics! Be back later!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #217
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

What a view to wake up to!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #218
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Now I am craving waffles. I fully understand the gentleman using you as a travel agent, I am beginning to think we fans should send our future vacation plans to you and let you fine-tune them with all the cool places you find. How much of a bribe will you need? or

kid-at-heart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #219
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
That sounds very nice- lots of time on the boat! Did you see tons of whales?
Nothing in Oct, but we did in January and February.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #220
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
What a view to wake up to!
Yea- it did not suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Now I am craving waffles. I fully understand the gentleman using you as a travel agent, I am beginning to think we fans should send our future vacation plans to you and let you fine-tune them with all the cool places you find. How much of a bribe will you need? or
No bribes- just let me come on your vacations with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nothing in Oct, but we did in January and February.
One day....one day...we were talking about the whales on the boat, and the family from CA (with the floozy from LA) recommended whale watching next year in CA- out of Monterey- but I don't think we're going that way on that trip. So those whales will just have to wait for Pods' retirement!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #221
podsnel

OOPS. I prematurely posted the cave- this is what happens when you use too many cameras on vacation. Here's just a couple more from the ride, because it really was so lovely and so completely Hawaiian-

Ok- THEN we pulled over to check out a dry cave. This is very easy to find, it is right on the street.

Hawaii just has a lot of cool stuff! We got back in the car and drove up to Ke'e beach- the parking was full, so we backtracked to another parking lot. Well, there were cars parked there, anyway. I have never been so scared in a parking lot in my life! There were HUGE boulders EVERYWHERE...I kind of think we should not have been in there, but we were, and once you were in, you could not stop- it was crazy! A good place for jeeps- a BAD BAD place for everyone else.

So....we were up here to hike the first 1/2 mile of the famous Kalalau Trail. Do you remember a movie called "A Perfect Getaway?" It was filmed there- it's about a honeymoon couple who hike this trail and meet up with serial killers. Thankfully, we were planning a much less terrifying hike! Here's a link to the movie's trailer- it has loads of gorgeous Napali Coast shots-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mk8ZJJEYPE

We were only going as far as the Coast Viewpoint-

If we had had more time, I would have loved to go to the Hanakapiai Beach- but, that 1 mile round trip we did do was good too. This hike is rated strenuous, a 9 on a scale of 10 by the Sierra club. To do the whole hike of 11 miles, you need to camp out before you yurn around and come back- because it takes about 10 hours to get out to that beach at the end (that was at the base of the Kalalau Valley- see how it all fits together?). No worries, it's totally safe- see?

I guess the direction you take is technically west- but really, I would say the direction is straight up to the sun. SHEESH! It was STEEP! And alllll rocks-

After 1/4 mile, you see this-

Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 10-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #222
podsnel

I'm sure we could have stopped there- alot did- but, we had Monkey Boy and #8 with us, so we kept going...UP, that is-

Did that seem a little narrow? It was- but there was only us going one way, so it was no big deal. A little different on the way back, when the trail was more crowded.

Soon, we had reached the 1/2 mile mark-

Monkey boy was hoppin around like a rabbit- he was TOTALLY freaking me out, it was SOOOOO high and SOOOOOO windy- he was completely nonplussed about the whole thing. All I could think was that someone was going to get pushed by a big gust of wind and that would be IT!

FINALLY, he sat down.

What a relief. Mom was havin heart palpitations up there.

This was ahead of us-

But for today, this was as far as we would go. Sorry boys.

Writing this, I actually have guilt- guilt that we didn't stay longer on Kauai. Guilt that we will go back, but probably not with them. BIG guilt.

I'm gonna have to work on Pods......

Ke'e beach from waaaaaaaay high up- can't even see the people from up here!

Click to play-

This was what was Mauka (toward the mountain) up there, away from the Pacific.

Ok! Time to head back down- while all the other people are heading up. THAT should be fun.....

Last edited by podsnel; 10-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #223
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ellen, you are an update machine, today!

Okay and even if I repeat myself - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #225
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Well you have Monkey Boy and I have Mountain Goat for a DH. I better not show him the trail pics.

Your pics are beautiful and I love your updates.

D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: