Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

DAY 2 continues

After the girls were done with their transformation they had to go to the shop across the way for their photo session. I had Jennifer do that and took Mikey with me to upgrade my photopass. I pre-ordered the CD and found out to late that I could have upgraded to Photopass plus. On the way I got Mikey to pose

He almost looked like he was having a conversation with Goofy. We found the correct shop and I told the CM behind the counter what I wanted to do. They needed some help but fairly quickly I had the photopass plus lanyard. We then hurried back to meet up with Jennifer and the girls. I missed the photo shoot sadly.

They were in line for the Fairy Godmother. I couldn't hear what she said to them but I know the girls were very happy.

I got them to pose by Cinderella's fountain

Still haven't gotten that crown centered the right way. Then we were off to Adventureland. We had an appointment with the Pirate League for Mikey. Again a generous gift from his aunt. While I signed him in Jen took the kids to see Pirate Goofy. She just forgot to include the kids in the picture

While we waited Ella was being silly

Mikey patiently waited

Then it was time to take his pirates oath

He got his tattoo

Then it was time to start the transformation

And we have Jake

Waiting to go into the Secret Chamber

While Jen took Mikey in there I called Jim to see how things were going at the resort. They were still waiting for the rooms but were having a blast. They were playing in the arcade. We decided that they would grab something to eat there an we would take the girls to get something to eat at MK. It was now around 2 PM and we were all hungry. Jim and Jay shared chicken tenders and french fries, they got the chocolate cake and took it to the room. Jim got his resort mug and Jay got a bottle of coke. I believe Mike had the same thing.

We went to one of my favorites - Pecos Bill's. Mikey and I grabbed a table while Jen took the girls inside to get their food. It wasn't overly crowded and though it was hot out we were in the shade and opted to stay outside. We all got burgers and fries. I got carrot cake and Jen got chocolate cake. Mikey got fries and a cookie. The girls got fries and grapes. The fries were fine but Ella will not eat fruit. I usually force a piece in her mouth and won't let her have anything til she eats it. We have her up to 1 grape now. We got cheese for the fries and I had the fixings bar. It is one of the reasons I love this place.

The menu

Kids meal

My burger - with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.

Dessert

Review - I love Pecos Bill. It's fries and burgers so basic food. I think the big draw for me is the fixings bar. I love grilled onions and mushrooms on a burger.

The fries aren't thick so they are OK.

The dessert - it was horrible. I think it was old. The cake was very dry and the icing was grainy and way to sweet.

It was about 2:45 and we were in the perfect spot to see the parade so we decided that would be our next attraction for the day. Then it rained. Ella enjoyed the rain

I went to get ponchos for everyone. They were $8.50 each.

Up next - Did we see the parade? Did the men ever catch up to us?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #32
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

We ate lunch at the taco place next to Pecos Bill, which is never open so the minute Emily saw that it was open she wanted to eat there. We have the opposite problem with Andrew all he wants to eat are grapes nothing else only fruit and yogurt, that is why he is so skinny, too scrawny.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #33
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
We ate lunch at the taco place next to Pecos Bill, which is never open so the minute Emily saw that it was open she wanted to eat there. We have the opposite problem with Andrew all he wants to eat are grapes nothing else only fruit and yogurt, that is why he is so skinny, too scrawny.
I wanted to try that place but the kids aren't fond of tacos. Crystal wanted the grapes and yogurt with most meals and unfortunately she has a slight weight problem so I was happy she opted for the healthy snacks. She loves fruit and yogurt. My youngest grandson will choose fruit over cakes and cookies. He's like Andrew, skinny but so's his dad. Mikey is like Ella, not fond of the fruit.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #34
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Love the pic with Fairy Godmother!
Woohoo for the new pirate!!! He looks happy with the transformation! I guess it can be hard being a boy between 2 princesses.
Sorry to hear your cake wasn't good......don't you hate when it looks so good & tastes so bad!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Love the pic with Fairy Godmother!
Woohoo for the new pirate!!! He looks happy with the transformation! I guess it can be hard being a boy between 2 princesses.
Sorry to hear your cake wasn't good......don't you hate when it looks so good & tastes so bad!!
He was so excited to be Jake. When I showed him the other options available a few months ago he freaked out. He has some issues about certain things and scary things are on the list. When Jake came out he was so excited that I would have paid for hin.

It is tough being the boy stuck between 2 princesses. He adores his sisters though. When the girls were done their make-over he looked at them with a huge smile and told them they were SOOOO Beautiful.

I usually love carrot cake but this one was just bad. I may have complained if I wasn't on the dining plan and I really wasn't that hungry.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #36
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Jake...I mean Mikey looks great! And I love the pic of Mikey with Goofy.

We never get to eat at Pecos Bills since they don't have chicken nuggerts. Maybe in October when it is just us adults.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #37
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Jake...I mean Mikey looks great! And I love the pic of Mikey with Goofy.

We never get to eat at Pecos Bills since they don't have chicken nuggerts. Maybe in October when it is just us adults.
He liked it when people called him Jake. That pic with Goofy was really good.

I love Pecos Bill but all of the Disney food stands need to get a little more variety for kids. It's nice that they offer grapes and yogurt but that with the limited options for other meals became hard to take.

When are you going in October?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post

When are you going in October?
We are going Oct 11-13.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
We are going Oct 11-13.
I'll be there the 7th to the 13th. Going to the Ip-Dip dinner with Scott and friends. I'm actually going to be staying with a friend at POFQ.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #40
tazdev3225

Sorry for a lack of progress here but I have been trying to get my photopass pics done and Fall Baseball started.

DAY 2 continues on

When I left you hanging we were waiting for the parade to start. The rain had stopped but the skies were still not very friendly looking. Then came the dreaded announcement - Due to weather conditions the parade was postponed. We waited. The kids played in the puddles. I dealt with a family who thought they were going to stand in front of me. Silly me - they were in the parade route, the CM's moved them. Then came the announcement again.

I knew this was our best chance to see the parade but we had waited for about 30 minutes. The kids were bored, Jennifer was bored so even though we had a great vantage point we left. As we moved along I heard my name being called. It was my friend Leslie and her family. We knew we were going to be there at the same time and had planed to meet but this was real coincidence. We chatted for a few minutes, her grandson is the cutest little guy, but we had to move on. I had someplace to be,

I know I hear the groans but I love this ride. When I was a little girl my mom won 2 tickets to the 1964 NY Worlds Fair. She took me! I remember the ride and the trip and it always puts a huge smile on my face. Jay hates the ride so this worked out for us. Jennifer had also gotten a call from Mike. The rooms were ready so they were on their way to the park and would meet us there. I could hear Jays sigh of relief when he found out.

The little ones enjoyed their first ride ever in Disney. It was also 3:45 and we were just getting on a ride

Look it's Gloria. I think I will have to call the hippo that from now on

A hidden Mickey in the leaves

When we got off of the ride the other 3 were at the exit waiting for us and Jay was very happy. I promised him he wouldn't have to ride it after I jokingly asked them if they wanted their turn. We moved across the way a bit to go on Peter Pan's Flight. I think this turned out to be Crystal's favorite. It is also one of those attractions that I am always trying to get good pics while on it.These 2 weren't that bad

Next stop - some ghosts. Okay Haunted Mansion

Some fun on the interactive side

We stopped while in this section - Crystal was not happy. She was in fact very scared

A decent pic of the Hidden Donald chair

I love this ride, Crystal never wanted to go on it again. Mikey wasn't to sure about it either.

Continued in next post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #41
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then came the dreaded announcement - Due to weather conditions the parade was postponed. We waited. Then came the announcement again.
Don't you just hate that announcement!!

Quote:

I know I hear the groans but I love this ride. When I was a little girl my mom won 2 tickets to the 1964 NY Worlds Fair. She took me! I remember the ride and the trip and it always puts a huge smile on my face.
I had to laugh when I read this.....that's the first time I saw IASW too!! The World's Fair! I guess we're dating ourselves!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #42
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

It was great bumping into you, wish we had more time to chat but we both had ride to get on. We rode haunted mansion right after the parade, the kids love the new que, the we rode small world.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #43
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

all caught up. The girls looked beautiful. Mikey look like he had fun with the pirate league.

Pecos Bills is so good. Vinny loves the taco salad. He already told me we are eating there so he can get it in October.

How funny to run into Leslie.

IASW is so fun.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #44
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I think it is very that you have such a great memory of IASW! Not one of my favorites, but we have our own little memory. My first trip we had the DMIL with us, she would not ride IASW, so I didn't get to ride it. Next time we were there and rode it, we called her and when we got the message machine, we held the phone in the air so she could enjoy it too.

Sorry about the parade. What day was this again? Those dark cloud photos look a lot like my dark photos of MK.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Don't you just hate that announcement!!

I had to laugh when I read this.....that's the first time I saw IASW too!! The World's Fair! I guess we're dating ourselves!!
That announcement was made several times and I grew to hate it more each time it was made. We never did get to see the parade.

I think you're right we are dating ourselves. My age doesn't bother me and I loved the Worlds Fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
It was great bumping into you, wish we had more time to chat but we both had ride to get on. We rode haunted mansion right after the parade, the kids love the new que, the we rode small world.
It would have been nice to have had more time but when you travel with an entourage it becomes hard to do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
all caught up. The girls looked beautiful. Mikey look like he had fun with the pirate league.

Pecos Bills is so good. Vinny loves the taco salad. He already told me we are eating there so he can get it in October.

How funny to run into Leslie.

IASW is so fun.
I wondered where you were.

Thanks the girls were really beautiful. Mikey had so much fun being Jake. He was in pirate mode quite a bit after that.

Jim loves the taco salad too. I've never tried it. Maybe in October as long as I can add my onions and mushrooms. We can eat there and then get Vinny to ride Buzz Lightyear while he is in a happy mood.

Leslie and I had plans to try and meet at some time during the day but we ran into each other by chance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: