Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Waltgirl
No, it's fine, it's just regular everyday sweat

Just back...Sorry LONG

Went down for my cousins' wedding at the Boardwalk. Did a split stay POR/WL, attended F&W and our first MNSSHP.

The wedding took place at the Gazebo on the Boardwalk, it was at sunset and quite lovely. The only negative was when walking from the lobby to the gazebo a rat ran across our path. Of course, I see all the rat traps around but this is the first time we actually encountered one. Also saw a small black snake on the path back to our room at POR. He just slithered back into the bushes as we approached, no harm, no foul.

POR-the resort looks great. We had an AB room facing the quiet pool in Bldg 17. The rooms are beautiful. There was an issue about our room being available the day they changed computer systems Oct 9th, but it worked out fine. Housekeeping was good there, but I have noticed that there are some communication problems. I left a note for extra blankets with my tip and they never showed, had to call again. Same thing happened at WL, so that is the only conclusion I can come to. The food court was more than adequate. They give waaay too much food. The "create your own pasta" was 2 1/2 dishes worth of penne. Also we got to see Yeehaa Bob for the first time. He was hilarious! Great show.

WL- again the room renovations are great. The new tiles in the shower are so cute, they really give it a Disney feel. Our room (AP discount) had a couple issues. The faucet top on one of the sinks was broken off-no big deal. But when we began to unpack I noticed something squished on the floor near the sinks. Hmm. A raisin! Umm, okay...then by the foot of the bed nearest the balcony, then more between the bed and the sliding door and in the track itself for the sliding door. Not a great vacuuming job. I took the housekeeping card down to the front desk and told them what was happening. They offered to have the room recleaned. That's fine. We stayed a total of four days there. The elevators near the food court were disgusting. It looked like little ice cream covered hands touched the panels in one, it was never cleaned. The other had splatters of some whitish liquid and more handprints. If I was in charge of housekeeping at the WL, I would have been screaming. Don't they ever check them? Last issue there was I had a credit due to me that was left sitting on my room account. I was under the impression when they told me it was credited to my account that it would be sent to my cc but that was not the case. I noticed when I returned home and called them. They said it takes a few days but I pointed out I did not leave a cc on file for my room, would they credit back the card I used to pay the room? Nope, in that case I had to give them the cc again. How long would they have let it sit there?

Food-We ate at Ohana and Yachtsman Steakhouse for the first time. Again, way too much food at Ohana, and we did not care for the pork. Everything else, esp. The shrimp was excellent. The service at YS was very good. My son and DH had the Filets which were outstanding. I ordered the Ribeye which was too large to finish and not as good as the filet. The charcuterie was bland, but the onion rolls are delicious. We did not care for the mac and cheese.

Food and Wine was lot of fun. When you travel to WDW frequently, it's wonderful to add different experiences to the mix. The escargot in France, the lamb chop in Australia, and the choc mousse with chili were standouts. The Angry Orchard Hard Cider also made the favorites list. We arrived early Wed and left by 5pm. We did not see any overimbiber's or experience any problems. It was quite pleasant and we would recommend avoiding evening or weekends.

MNSSHP-A great time had by all. We took the Disboards's advice and lined up for the Dwarfs early and we were about the fifth group in line. We were in and out in no time. The party got considerably more crowded as the night went on but we were able to see the Headless Horseman ride twice, get all the magical Photopass shots and meet/greet Villains at the Castle Courtyard and grab a pic with Jack Sparrow. And DH was able to T or T until his bag was full. If anyone has never been, I highly recommend this party.

Keys to the Kingdom Tour-another first time exoerience. Great tour, it is exciting to finally see the Utilidors but really they are what they are, giant utility corridors. The tour lasted approx. five hours and includes lunch at CHH. The fried shrimp was excellent! Again, alot of food. Our guide was very personable, but only worked for TDC for 3 years and didn't seem to have much to share about the history of WDW or stories about Walt. I have read that there is a gentleman that gives the tour that shares those types of stories and we would have preferred something more similar to that but overall we felt we got our money's worth.

Parks- There were only a couple minor instances. Splash seemed to be down whenever we wanted to ride it. The monorail from MK to the Poly broke down 4 times with mechanical issues until a tech got on at the TTC. We were thrilled to get off and not have to be evacuated from the elevated portion of the track.the restrooms and the grounds were all very clean. There was not alot of litter around except during the MNSSHP. New Fantasyland looks beautiful but the new LM attraction is just eh. Lines were more than reasonable during the week, but Sat/Sun at the MK was much more crowded. There were many large tour groups but not as bad as July.

Overall, I think we are done with Disney for a while. We were there for 7 nights total and it was too long. We all agree that AK and DHS are now half day parks for us and 5 days would have been long enough. We think the prices are too high, which could either be our concerns about the economy or that we are just Disneyed out. We came home with nary a hat or tshirt in sight. I bought two ornaments and a Mom mug. We saved $50 using our TIW card (that is aside from the cost) and spent $300+ less on food than if we had used the DDP. The savings on our resort rooms more than paid for the cost of our AP. Our advice is to run the numbers, as the DDP does not always work out to be the cheapest.

Oh and Earl of Sandwich Holiday Sandwich? YUM!

Waltgirl

Please excuse Ipad typos.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Just back!

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your thread from the board over to the Trip Reports board. We know you are excited to share your knowledge about your trip, but unfortunately, we can't allow this type of thread. On any given day, we have dozens of DISers just back from trips, and if we allowed this type of thread, the boards would be hard to navigate if many posters posted this type of thread.

We encourage posters to share their knowledge and experiences by answering questions, and sharing a trip report on the trip report board.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Waltgirl
No, it's fine, it's just regular everyday sweat

No problem just didnt know where to post it!

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: