Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #76
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Great reviews!
Thanks for reading, glad you are liking

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #77
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
I noticed that as well. I dont know if it is overlooked since it is a bit smaller but we loved it.

I dont know, crazy eh. I have heard of them but never tried them lol. I was in love though Now have to find a Mexican place where we live and check out local carnivals.
I have been in search of a good Mexican place here but to no avail...

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #78
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Hmm, I didnt even know that. There were literally 5 other families in there with us so perhaps everyone else was thinking the same thing as you.

It was fantastic in there, as I mentioned, so beautiful, quiet, nice music and most importantly air conditioned! It also had a beautiful view of the WS Lake.
When we went to cantina it was in the middle of a storm. We got a little wet but not bad. Wished known there was other seating!!! It was probably full. I was really looking forward to cantina and it did not disappointing had the nachos I believe and I inquired about the green sauce. The meal was delish but I got so sick that night and part of the next day. Up half the night with cramps. I guess it just did not agree with me!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #79
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Boo, you would know as well. I have looked as well and nothing. We have a close family friend who is Mexican, maybe she can made me some supper lol or have advice I suppose.

Quote:
When we went to cantina it was in the middle of a storm. We got a little wet but not bad. Wished known there was other seating!!! It was probably full. I was really looking forward to cantina and it did not disappointing had the nachos I believe and I inquired about the green sauce. The meal was delish but I got so sick that night and part of the next day. Up half the night with cramps. I guess it just did not agree with me!
Oh no! Thats no fun...

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #80
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been googling and found a place called Casa Salsa. It is a Mexican Food place and they are in the Kitchener Market. This is their website... seem to have some pretty good options.

http://www.casasalsa.ca/ Off to continue my search

DDP Review

Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #81
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Part 1 - Chef Mickeys!

Day 8's plan was to be my favourite, Chef Mickey's breakfast. I think out of all the meals this was the one 4/5 members of my family were looking forward to the most.

My mum, Amber, Jett and I headed out of our room with plans to catch the monorail at 10:00 for our 10:40 reservation at Chef Mickey's. First mistake, always give yourself an hour! My dad was right behind us as we were going to check out the gift shop at the Poly first. Mistake 2, dont split up from your group unless you have every base covered! After we browsed and got a scrapbook kit and photo album sent to our room we headed upstairs to meet my dad at the monorail. Well my dad was nowhere to be seen AND the monorail was down... FANTASTIC.

They were not sure when it would be up and running but said to go to the front desk for what our options were at that point. Well, after 15 minutes of waiting my dad was still nowhere to be seen. We had planned on meeting right there so where on earth did he go? Note, as Canadians we did not have cell phones so had no way of contacting one another. There was no way he passed us as we were standing right there, right? We decided to send my mum down to the lobby to see what our options were and call the room... no answer. We decided that we were going to just head out on the bus (they were doing runs between GF, TTC, MK and then Contemporary) and were really worried as we were told Breakfast reservations only went to 11.... they actually go to 11:30 (and then you can stay there until 2 if you really want).

So we hopped on the bus (was about a 25 minute ride and we arrived at 11:05). At this point we were frazzeled, still minus one member of our group and I was devestated that we missed our reservation/ couldnt have breakfast.

We sprinted through Contemporary lobby went upstairs to see who sitting there, my dad. He had heard that the monorail was down and figured that we would have just taken the bus. Really, you think we would have just taken off? Do you realize the stress you have caused?

Thankfully the CM at the entrance was lovely, let us know all the details and sat us at a great table right beside the buffet. Yeah!

Now onto the food and experience at Chef Mickeys!

We had so much fun here. They character interaction was amazing, our waitress was friendly and got our drinks prompty (even went to the kitchen to grab some milk for Amber since she is not a juice fan) and the food was the best! There were SO many options oatmeal, eggs (including hard boiled, hooray), waffles, pancakes, meats, fruits, croissants, french toast, quiche, the most amazing cheesy shredded potatoes I have had in my life , cinnamon buns, cottage cheese, and a great dessert section (among many others). I again had some trouble getting a picture of everyones plate since we were distracted by the characters and all went up to the buffet at different times but I gave it a shot!

Even Amber was able to find some things that she liked. She had a Mickey waffle, a pancake, a croissant and some dessert items. I missed a picture of my dads plates but I recall him having an assortment of food, most that involved some sort of meat!

The pictures below are of my mums first plate, Jett's first plate and my 2 plates. Again the food tasted awesome, there was such a variety and it was all hot and fresh tasting... nothing had been sitting out.

While Amber and Jett enjoyed the dessert table the adults were all too stuffed so I just took a picture!

A picture of Minnie Mouse signing our Autograph Page. Just a tip with this and the other character buffets. What we did was get a DISign for each restaurant including the character ones from the Creative DISign forum and had the characters sign. These will be great for the scrapbooks and the characters spent extra time noting themselves in the "invite"! Was a really fun extra that I had seen someone give as a tip!

Overall Chef Mickey's (despite all the stress beforehand) turned out to be everyones #1 and I would highly recommend, especially for Breakfast since the options were so vast!

DDP Review

Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #82
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Part Deux - Captain Cooks

After a sad goodbye to Magic Kingdom, sad music playing from the speakers, tears and all we decided to grab another late supper at Captain Cooks. Again, everyone at the Polynesian had the same though, quite a few people seemed to be leaving the next day as well - based on conversations in the restaurant.

For dinner my mum ordered the same Adult Grilled Cheese and enjoyed it just as much - she said again the cheese was perfectly gooey, toasted and the fries tasted a bit better. My dad ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger again and said it tasted even better than the first one!

Amber and Jett both ordered the Kids Chicken Nuggets with 2 sides of Chocolate chip cookies for dessert (one for now and the other for flight home). Despite the fact that they were the hockey pucks both Amber and Jett scarfed them down!

I decided to switch it up, despite the fact that I loved the Grilled Cheese I wasnt a fan of the fries so wanted something different. I chose the Grilled Vegetable Flatbread which had a pesto sauce as the base. It tasted really good (flatbread wasnt overdone, the pesto was nice and the cheese was gooey). That being said I was really underwhelmed with the amount of grilled vegetables - I think there were 10 small pieces of red peppers and mushrooms so really didnt taste them too much. I wish there were, not only, more vegetable but more assortment (maybe some onions, tomatoes, zucchini etc.).

Overall was a good meal to end the day! In the morning we thankfully had a CS left on our Free DDP so we grabbed some breakfast, again at Captain Cooks, there and to go before our 9am trip on Magic Express

DDP Review

Old 09-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #83
Emteach
DIS Veteran

So my dining report has come to an end. I would like to thank those of you who have followed and hope you have enjoyed! If anyone continues to have any questions or comments please feel free to post!

I may consider doing a trip report and sharing... we will see. If I do I welcome you to join in!

So here it goes

Our last morning we, as mentioned, had to take the Magical Express pretty early in the morning. Thankfully we had counter service meals left over so were able to get breakfast before we left.
We had 5 meals left We would have had 6 but the night before my dad grabbed 2 Bacon Cheeseburger meals from Captain Cooks, little piggie lol.

My brother ordered the Kids Mickey Waffles with a side of fruit and yogurt cup. As well as an apple juice. We only had about 15 minutes so he didnt quite finish (we saved for the airport and he ate before we went through security). He said it was yummy and again loved that it was Mickey! He didnt particularily like the mixed fruit, was mostly melons.

I ordered the Croissant Sandwich, just egg and cheese. It was really good! The croissant was soft and buttery tasting, the egg was perfectly cooked and the cheese, well it was cheese lol. The picture is not the greatest...pretty blurry, I appologize.

My sister ordered the Mickey Waffle with a side of Sausage (Jett ate those). She ate both ears and said she was full... again we saved for the airport. She said it was pretty good, which is a compliment coming from her!

My mum ordered Tonga Toast (I believe it also came with a side of bacon). We also ordered an extra one for the road (I tried a couple of bites before we packed it up) and must say it tasted much better warm (although I cant say it was bad cold). I was looking forward to trying the Tonga Toast and it lived up to the expectation. The bread was soft, the bananas were perfectly gooey (even cold) and nice and sweet! I have since tried to make at home and as the kids would say it was an "epic fail"!

Overall, was a great way to end our trip! We were able to try some fantastic food and some more average. I dont regret any of it though. Was a fantastic vacation, made extra special by the food we got to enjoy!

DDP Review

Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #84
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your review! Thanks so much
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #85
nannye
DIS Veteran

You should definitely do a trip report no better way to relive the memories until its time to plan again!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #86
EpcotPixie
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the review! It was a blust to read, I hope you do the trip report.

1985: Offsite
1996: Wilderness Lodge
2005: Offsite
2008: Grand Floridian
2011: Bay Lake Towers
2012: Bay Lake Towers
September 2012 - Mine & Epcot Birthday Trip
2014: In the works
EpcotPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #87
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Thank you so much for sharing!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #88
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
I enjoyed reading your review! Thanks so much
Quote:
You should definitely do a trip report no better way to relive the memories until its time to plan again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotPixie View Post
Thank you for the review! It was a blust to read, I hope you do the trip report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Thank you so much for sharing!!
Thank you all for reading, I appreciate it and glad you enjoyed! I am seriously considering doing a trip report, they look like fun! Keep your eyes open

DDP Review

Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #89
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I am convinced. Have decided to start a trip report!
Wish me luck... link is in my signature

DDP Review

Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #90
Cheerbear
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting a great food report! I'm going in 9 days with my 4 year old princess and eating at a few of the places you went to. It's good to see pics of the food beforehand, since little princess only eats bread, rice and crackers for the most part.

Tags
chicken nuggets, ddp, dining review, food pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: