Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #46
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Yummm, your fish looks really good, but I am not a capers fan either. Your Moms pork looks yummy also! Are those tiny onions in the corner?

It amazes me how picky kids will just not eat, rather than have the one or two things they will eat. I hope Amber found some yummy chicken nuggets later.
Hmm, they could be onions - you are right.

She did - this was by far the trickiest meal but looking back we all really enjoyed it, food aside.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #47
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Akerhus is really one of my favorite character meals. Both times I've gone I've ordered the Norwegian meatballs (Traditional Kjottkake) and was apt to burst both times because I could not. stop. eating them. I also love their dessert plate. I totally agree that the rice cream is delicious and I've never met a chocolate mousse I didn't like. All your dishes look great to me!

So true!

Serious kudos to your parents for handling such a picky child. If one of my siblings only ate chicken nuggets I would probably lose it! I can handle some pickiness but I have a hard time having patience with people who will only eat one (maybe two) things .
She has been a problem eater forever. Long history that I wont go into lol... She also has some sensory and medical issues so this plays a part as well. It can be a pain, we were not too impressed with her at Akershus , but have just learned to have to deal with it. I believe it is also hard for her - she has tried but it is almost as if she phyiscally cant handle most food. Her pediatrian and family doctor have always said she will outgrow it - hasnt happened yet mind you
I agree though my parents are pretty patient!

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #48
nannye
DIS Veteran

I want Disney food

We did akershus for breakfast last trip, I didn't take pics of our food, I meant to, but I didn't. I didn't enjoy it much do we might have to try dinner next time.

Same with park fare. Our park fare was our best for character interaction, but no for food. It was okay but not great. I had a hard time finding stuff for v to eat.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #49
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I want Disney food

We did akershus for breakfast last trip, I didn't take pics of our food, I meant to, but I didn't. I didn't enjoy it much do we might have to try dinner next time.

Same with park fare. Our park fare was our best for character interaction, but no for food. It was okay but not great. I had a hard time finding stuff for v to eat.
I know, was saying to someone on here earlier that home food seems so mundane. Disney food is not just food it is an experience!

DDP Review

Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #50
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Part 1 - Restaurant-saurus

Day 5 we had lunch at Restaurant-saurus. This counter service restaurant is very neat with all the themed rooms. While I did not get to take any picture I did manage to explore.
We ate in the main room - photo below.

My dad, sister and Jett all ordered the chicken tenders and fries. Although it took about 10 minutes to get our meal (was really crowded and they mixed up the orders) they all said the food was piping hot, the chicken was moist and the fries were nicely seasoned. The picture just shows the chicken (the fries were quickly eaten).

My mum ordered a chicken breast sub (isnt on the menu on allears). It had moist chicken, cheese and a bruschetta type topping. My mum said the amount of bruschetta was a little overwhelming and she took some off. Other than that it was tasty! For dessert she ended up eating the chocolate mouse, although it is posted with my meal - was really rich and tasted very much like those at the TS restaurants.

For lunch I tried the Vegetable Sub-Saurus and it was good. It had grilled onions, mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini and melted provolone cheese. I also added some mayo as I dont eat sandwiches without it The vegetables tasted fresh and were perfectly cooked, the bread was nicely toasted and the provolone (albeit REALLY, REALLY stinky was generous) The fries werent bad (although I just noticed they were suppose to come with sweet potato fries ) I had the cheesecake in a glass for dessert. It was interesting... the jelly type thing was not very good imo and the graham cracker crumbs were not attached to the cheesecake. That being said the actual cheesecake was great!

Up next my favourite dinner with my favourite bear and his friends! Crystal Palace!

DDP Review

Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #51
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

I can relate about the jelly stuff. It completely turns me off from eating a dessert. Hate the texture.

Love reading your reviews!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
I can relate about the jelly stuff. It completely turns me off from eating a dessert. Hate the texture.

Love reading your reviews!
I know, I am okay with jams and jellys but they belong on toast, not on cheesecake

Thanks I love that you (and othes) are reading my reviews and giving feedback lol.
Its appreciated.

DDP Review

Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #53
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Great review of restaurantosaurus. We usually get lunch there on our AK day because I like their salads. I've never thought of provolone as a stinky cheese. Lol.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #54
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

While my son doesn't ONLY eat nuggets like Amber...that turned out to be his go to food at WDW. He had chicken tenders for at least half his meals. He really liked the ones at Restaurantasaurus! Plus, we sat in the back room near the trailer..which was uncrowded and fun.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #55
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Great review of restaurantosaurus. We usually get lunch there on our AK day because I like their salads. I've never thought of provolone as a stinky cheese. Lol.
Cheers! I was thinking about getting a salad when we ate there but finally decided the the Vegetable Sub-saurus (I like its name too lol). No provolone is not usually up there on the stinky cheese rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
While my son doesn't ONLY eat nuggets like Amber...that turned out to be his go to food at WDW. He had chicken tenders for at least half his meals. He really liked the ones at Restaurantasaurus! Plus, we sat in the back room near the trailer..which was uncrowded and fun.
Was actually pretty impressed with the adult chicken at Disney - was good quality. We were also VERY grateful that so many places served them - even Captain Cooks at our resort (which was a pleasant surprise).
That is awesome! We just grabbed the first table we spotted and told Jett to guard it with his life lol. The main room was pretty busy and loud (would have been nice a quieter spot). The only benefits were it was right near the condiments bar/ drink machines and we saw it start to rain so were able to run out and grab the stroller before it became sopping wet.

DDP Review

Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #56
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Continued - Crystal Palace

For dinner on Day 5 we met up with some old friends from the 100 Acre Woods; Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore at The Crystal Palace.

I will appologize in advance for the limited pictures. We were all having SO much fun that it actually slipped my mind!

We all enjoyed our dinner though. Lots of salad options (even a caesar salad without bacon ), bread and chicken for Amber, pasta, meats, fish, a really yummy stuffing, vegetables and some good desserts. To be completely honest none of us can remember exactly how our food was.
I am sure it was delicious but Pooh and his pals were so distracting. Jett also went on adventure #1 (adventure #2 to follow) exploring the opposite side of the restaurant, they do look the exact same (note dont leave a 12 year old on a mission to find chicken with her brother because as we learned the brother will get distracted by grapes and then attempt to find the way back to the table). Thank you to the lovely waitress who retrieved him

Here are some pictures from our dinner

Jett did say this mac and cheese was good and tasted like "the sunshine tree" aka sunshine seasons - no idea where tree came from?

Also who needs Prince Charming when you have this guy...

DDP Review

Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Day 6 Part 1 - Hollywood and Vine Lunch

Day 6 brought us to Disney Hollywood Studios and Hollywood and Vine with Playhouse Disney.

We arrived for our reservation and had to wait about 10 minutes before we were seated. Our waitress was a lovely lady who prompty arrived to our table, explained the buffet and throughout our meal brought our drinks (including the Pomegranate Lemonade - which I dearly miss, they dont sell here in Ontario, Canada )

Our meal was delicious! There was a great assortment - think it was even bigger than a couple of our dinner buffets. Did a little better with pictures this time around ,even though we were very distracted by all the things going around. The characters were Handy Manny (or Build it Bob, as my dad referred to him), Special Agent Oso, Jake (whom Jett was very excited to see) and June from Little Einsteins. Their interaction was great and the young guy who ran the activities through the meal was also really enthousiastic!

Jett somehow also managed to get lost for about 5 minutes (darn buffets that look the same on either side). He followed the 2nd activities leader to the opposite side, participated in the sing along (while we were scouring the restaurant looking for him) and then went back to the buffet to finish loading his dessert plate (where we found him).

Here are a few pictures from our buffet.

My First Plate

Was great. Good assortment of breads (including Foccaccia), boccanccini cheese, artichoke hearts, lots of pasta salads, veggies.

Jett's Lunch Plate (thrilling I know). Amber's essentially looked the same, just minus the mac and cheese lol.

My Mum's First Plate

She said it was her favourite! She really enjoyed the fact that there were sandwiches. She also had some fish, carved meat, chicken.

My Dad's First Plate

My Second Plate (Missed Getting Everyone elses plates as I was getting my pasta)

That cornbread and pasta was FANTASTIC!

My Dessert Plate

My one and ONLY complaint was with dessert. For some reason the ice cream bowls were warm? It made it that my ice cream was almost melted by the time I got back to the table.
The dessert assortment was smaller (since it was a lunch buffet) but still pretty good and everyone got something that they wanted.

Lunch ended with a bang when my mum (who works with children and used to work for childrens aid) and another family witnessed a man being very violent with his child, right in front of us! She asked the man if he needed any help and he basically ignored. She didnt want to attack him and remained calm but we were scared for the little guy so couldnt imagine what he was feeling (he was all of 4). We spoke with the manager who called security (although nothing at all was done) but just couldnt believe that someone would treat their child that way.

That being said our experience at H&V was GREAT and we would highly recommend for any Playhouse Disney fans. People who are not Playhouse Disney fans may be overwhelmed with the noise and all the goings on but still very yummy buffet!

DDP Review

Last edited by Emteach; 09-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post

We grabbed lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and it was a decent meal. I did not get pictures of everyones food as my mum and I couldnt find everyone else in the crowd. We eventually did meet up with them but they were almost done their meals. They had all ordered Chicken Nuggets. My sister and dad enjoyed their (they ordered from the adult menu) but Jett hated his! He ordered from the kids menu and his chicken were these round little hockey puck like things. He ended up eating fries and sharing some of my sisters nuggets. Note: If you are on the DDP you can order from the adult menu for kids (at the counter service restaurants) - they just take a credit off, are not specific to kids or adults.
I've got to laugh because I used the same words to describe those kids' nuggets - little hockey picks. Except I called them little dried out hockey pucks.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #59
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
I've got to laugh because I used the same words to describe those kids' nuggets - little hockey picks. Except I called them little dried out hockey pucks.
Haha, they were horrible. Jett usually will eat chicken but he was disgusted by these. Dried out hockey pucks would describe them to a t, they were terrible looking.

DDP Review

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #60
lauritagoddess
Disney mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post

Also who needs Prince Charming when you have this guy...

So cute!

CR 2/28-3/5/06, ASMo 8/27-9/3/06, CBR 8/22/07, DCL Wonder 8/23-8/26/07, OKW 8/26 -9/2/07, ASMU 1/23-1/27/08, DLR - 6/15-6/22/08, DCL EB PC Repo 8/17-9/1/08, Pop 3/1-3/6/09, AS Sp 6/20-6/27/09, DLR 2/14-2/20/10, Pop 6/20-6/27/10, DLR - 2/19-2/26/11, Pop 8/20-9/3/11, DLR 2/18-2/25/12, CSR 8/24-9/2/12, DLR 2/16-2/23/13, YC 8/24-9/1/13, DLR 2/15-2/22/14, *CR 8/23-8/31/14*

lauritagoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicken nuggets, ddp, dining review, food pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: