Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
fastred600
Earning My Ears

jack skellington in the park?

We are going to be at Disneyland Oct 26-30. We are going to the Halloween party on the 29th. What should I expect for the jack skellington photo line? Is he only available during the party, or will we be able to see him walking around the park that weekend? I don't want to waste precious Halloween party time waiting in a long line for one picture

Thanks
Buddy
fastred600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
krispin41
DIS Veteran

My DH and I ran into him in the little open courtyard right by the French Market. He complimented me on my NBC Harvey's seatbelt bag.
krispin41 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
VictoriaAndMatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastred600
We are going to be at Disneyland Oct 26-30. We are going to the Halloween party on the 29th. What should I expect for the jack skellington photo line? Is he only available during the party, or will we be able to see him walking around the park that weekend? I don't want to waste precious Halloween party time waiting in a long line for one picture

Thanks
Buddy
He's out all Halloween season at various times with Sally to the left of HMH in a little grassy area.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Outside of party hours, the line for him will close very quickly...I waited to meet Jack and Sally in November 2011, on what I don't recall as being even a particularly busy day! The line closed in just a few minutes and the poor CM had to continually tell everyone who came after that the line was closed. If I recall correctly, one very stubborn family just got in line anyway, despite the CM repeatedly telling them the line was closed. I didn't hang around to see what would happen.

Jack and Sally were great, spending a lot of time chatting with everyone!

Last edited by Eeee-va; 09-02-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Can't time travel yet
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I've heard he's also around during the holidays - my DD is more excited to meet him than she is to meet any princess, and she loooooves the princesses
Old 09-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
skellinton
Mouseketeer

I really hope he is still there in december, despite the fact that if I get to see him I will likely burst into tears. I was married on Halloween and we had a Nightmare themed wedding. Our house is decorated in early Nightmare Before Christmas, so to say I am obsessed, may be an understatement!

I will spend one whole day in line to see him if I have to!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
dadzgirl70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
I really hope he is still there in december, despite the fact that if I get to see him I will likely burst into tears. I was married on Halloween and we had a Nightmare themed wedding. Our house is decorated in early Nightmare Before Christmas, so to say I am obsessed, may be an understatement!

I will spend one whole day in line to see him if I have to!
My husband and I saw Jack and Sally last year in December. They were fantastic. They were right out in front of HM and the line then was about 20 minutes. My husband is addicted and spent at least 5 minutes with them. My husband has a Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo sleeve on his arm and our Christmas tree is decorated Nightmare Before Christmas only....all black and white. I completely understand the tears, trust me
Old 09-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
VictoriaAndMatt
DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's out for Christmas season as well. If he's not I'm going to have a very unhappy family (if you can't tell by my avatar lol).
Old 09-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Last year was the first year we met Jack Skellington during the Christmas holiday season (it was Thanksgiving week actually). I'm not sure, but I think last year might have been the first year they kept him out after Halloween. He provided excellent interaction, so I hope he stays out for an extended time again this year. My boys enjoyed chatting with him and getting their picture taken.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the others have said, he and Sally were in the grassy area by the HM. I also saw him in New Orleans Square in the courtyard by the shop with all the Nightmare merchandise. So if he's not by the HM, check New Orleans Square.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Never saw Sally though. *pout* There's always next time though.
krispin41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
My DH and I ran into him in the little open courtyard right by the French Market. He complimented me on my NBC Harvey's seatbelt bag.
Ask an employee what time he comes out. He's usually with Sally, and you can catch him prior to him going to his designated posing place, and get a picture. It's the courtyard with the stairs coming down - if I'm not mistaken, he'll be coming down the stairs, chatting away.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Last year we saw him at the courtyard in NOS. The cast member who was with him was very rude to us which kinda ruined the experience for me.
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #14
fastred600
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the replies... It will really help alot with my planning.. Getting excited now...our first time during the halloween season...
fastred600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #15
Buddyex
Earning My Ears

some people have mentioned Jack chatting? is this true? a costumed character that actually speaks? I haven't seen any photos of him
Buddyex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack skellington

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: