Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #1186
princessap
DIS Veteran

Just got off phone with a CM who told me that the pool is down for refurb from February 18-March 1 and will reopen March 2. Does anyone know how on time they are with their refurb schedules? I would hate to tell my girls they cannot swim while there!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #1187
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
I'm not meaning to be obtuse, but I can't find the refurb info and we were hoping for Fiji and are going Feb 23. Is there any news of a pool refurbishment? That's "crucial" in the words of my 9-year-old DD. We are in a room-only reservation so only have a few more days before the special expires.
Just to let you know I just got off the phone with a CM and she said the pool will be closed February 18-March1 for renovations!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #1188
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full View Post
I consider a 4 low, (comparatively to the rest of the month). After the 8th they go up to spring break levels. It's been a bit since I checked though. This is why we booked 2/28-3/8

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just wanted to let you know that I just got off the phone with a CM who said that the pool is being renovated from February 18- March 1st. You were so helpful to me and I just wanted to let you know in case it made a difference tot you.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #1189
princessap
DIS Veteran

Okay so I finalized my request just now

balcony, close to GCH and Toleaku...fingers crossed the pool is open when we get there~
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #1190
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Tikiman's fb said poly pool would be done after GF which is due to be complete in March. I don't think they would have both pools closed at the same time.
We were at Poly last March during refurb and were offered the boat to GF to use the pool there.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #1191
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

I had originally requested a balcony at Poly but now am thinking about switching to a first floor patio. Can you enter and exit through the patio door when locked/to lock it? I wonder how likely we'd use the patio if we still have to exit the man door to lock it.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #1192
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Tikiman's fb said poly pool would be done after GF which is due to be complete in March. I don't think they would have both pools closed at the same time.
We were at Poly last March during refurb and were offered the boat to GF to use the pool there.
I hope u are right, but two CMs have told me same dates now!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #1193
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I hope u are right, but two CMs have told me same dates now!
I think the CM's at least the ones I've spoke to know less than most people on the boards. The slide was closed during part of our last stay but kids still enjoyed pool and when the slide opened my son must have went down over 100 times, they did not want to switch resorts even with the slide being down.
10/10 BWV/BLT
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #1194
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinChicago View Post
I had originally requested a balcony at Poly but now am thinking about switching to a first floor patio. Can you enter and exit through the patio door when locked/to lock it? I wonder how likely we'd use the patio if we still have to exit the man door to lock it.

You have to lock from inside, I had requested 3rd floor last visit but got 1st and loved it, kids could go in and out it was great
10/10 BWV/BLT
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #1195
cflowers04
Earning My Ears

Staying at poly in June and requested Fiji but bring rehabbed so what is another good long house garden view?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #1196
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
I think the CM's at least the ones I've spoke to know less than most people on the boards. The slide was closed during part of our last stay but kids still enjoyed pool and when the slide opened my son must have went down over 100 times, they did not want to switch resorts even with the slide being down.
I hope so! We are there March 4-6 and are doing resort only the first day so hoping it is open! Do you think we will be okay then?
I wonder why they don't get updated and people on these boards seem to know more....doesn't seem to make much sense....BUT I have learned tons from all the experts on here so I believe them!!!

I had to convince DH to stay onsite vs bonnet creek where we normally stay so if this doesn't go well it may be our first and last time onsite!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1197
princessap
DIS Veteran

we originally requested Samoa and the CM said it wasn't due for refurb when we are there but on here I read it was so I switched to Tokelau.....did I do the right thing?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #1198
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
we originally requested Samoa and the CM said it wasn't due for refurb when we are there but on here I read it was so I switched to Tokelau.....did I do the right thing?

Tokelau is a great longhouse. The walk to lobby or pool is beautiful and is not that far. Tokelau and Tahiti are the buildings Ive stayed in and I loved both.
10/10 BWV/BLT
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #1199
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl View Post
Having never stayed at the Poly- I'm wondering if anyone can give me ideas if TP view "non" club is a better option than Lagoon View with Club level? Thanks!
Probably only something that you can answer based on you and who you are travelling with. We LOVE the club level... we travel with 2 kids and spend much of our afternoons at the resort. We couldn't be happier with being able to get snacks, drinks, breakfast, and adult drinks for when the kids fall asleep. I also LOVE the location of the Hawaii building and watching fireworks from the lounge. For these things I give up the view and stay garden view club. We don't spend too much awake time in our room. That being said, if you don't think that you would take advantage of those perks and would be spending time enjoying your room then the view would be more important to you.

Good luck making the decision!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #1200
ljmclin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We'll be there beginning on January 26, but I'm hoping for some reports before then! I'm considering requesting Tokelau instead of Samoa this time, due to construction. The last time we stayed in Samoa was 2011, and GF DVC construction had not yet begun. I'm thinking our beautiful Samoa volcano side view may not be so beautiful anymore with the construction. Any thoughts from recent Poly guests?
We were first floor Samoa 12/2-12/8 and it was wonderful. Of course our view was pool level so construction at GF was no problem. There was work being done on the quiet pool side of Samoa. The entire longhouse was blocked off on that side as was Niue. Our stay at Poly was amazing as always and I can't wait to return!

DH :: Me DD12 DS 9 DD 7: : Sarge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: