Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #1006
longing4disney
Mouseketeer
 
longing4disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Even if there was a kettle, there would be no source of heat to boil the water with.
Wrong use of word. I am thinking of the electric boiler like what most hotels have, not a traditional kettle.
__________________
Our Family - DH , Me , DS15 , DS13 , DD6

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #1007
longing4disney
Mouseketeer
 
longing4disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
The "coffee makers" at the Poly are the pod type and will do a cup at a time. The coffee provided is Cuisinart brand. I have never used the pod system as I bring a hot water boiler and make my own real coffee. An immersion heater would work well to make water hot for tea.
Thanks!
__________________
Our Family - DH , Me , DS15 , DS13 , DD6

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #1008
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NH
Posts: 3,881

Okay, if the Poly has the pod-type of coffee makers, can you make tea at all? Or hot water, say, for oatmeal? I'm a tea drinker, and I get up early, so I'd be looking for my caffeine fix at 5am or so. I'll have a refillable mug, but I'll be playign single parent to two kids (DD9, DS6), and I'm not keen on leaving them in the room alone while I head to the GCH...
BuzznBelle'smom is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #1009
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
Okay, if the Poly has the pod-type of coffee makers, can you make tea at all? Or hot water, say, for oatmeal? I'm a tea drinker, and I get up early, so I'd be looking for my caffeine fix at 5am or so. I'll have a refillable mug, but I'll be playign single parent to two kids (DD9, DS6), and I'm not keen on leaving them in the room alone while I head to the GCH...
Absolutely, just put water into it without the pods--it will make hot water. There are tea bags in the room and you simply process the water through into the pot.
__________________
Tess is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #1010
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
Wrong use of word. I am thinking of the electric boiler like what most hotels have, not a traditional kettle.
Ah, just a misunderstanding.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #1011
longing4disney
Mouseketeer
 
longing4disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Ah, just a misunderstanding.
No prob! Leaving in 12 hour!
__________________
Our Family - DH , Me , DS15 , DS13 , DD6

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #1012
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!
 
PolyndianPrincessJes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,543

Haven't had much DIS time at all, but thought I'd pop in here. We're headed to BWI in just over a week and a half. We're there for two nights, then back home to the Poly!! We're doing the rest of the week in a TPV CL room...our fave!!

So, anything new I need to know that I might miss while doing a little back-reading?
__________________
Jess
PolyndianPrincessJes is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #1013
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
No prob! Leaving in 12 hour!
How exciting!!! It's only been 3 1/2 months since we've been back but it feels like forever.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #1014
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
 
Cindie-rella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
Posts: 614

I was just reading some of the posts here a few pages back that tell me the POLY is renovating next spring ? I am currently booked for the end of next April at the POR and was considering switching our ressie to a POLY stay...is this going to be next to impossible at this point ? It would be our 1st time at the POLY and now I'm worried it won't happen ! It's too late (or perhaps too early) to call for reservations right now (3a.m.) ! How will I ever sleep worrying about this?! Can't wait for the morning to come so I can call.....
__________________


2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #1015
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
I was just reading some of the posts here a few pages back that tell me the POLY is renovating next spring ? I am currently booked for the end of next April at the POR and was considering switching our ressie to a POLY stay...is this going to be next to impossible at this point ? It would be our 1st time at the POLY and now I'm worried it won't happen ! It's too late (or perhaps too early) to call for reservations right now (3a.m.) ! How will I ever sleep worrying about this?! Can't wait for the morning to come so I can call.....
You may have a problem if you are trying to book a regular GV room under a discount. I know they have been scarce. I haven't been able to get one for April.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #1016
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NH
Posts: 3,881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Absolutely, just put water into it without the pods--it will make hot water. There are tea bags in the room and you simply process the water through into the pot.
Thanks!
BuzznBelle'smom is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #1017
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Hey all! I am here to do a ticker dance with the creepy Elvis

It has been a long time since I have been on here but there is nothing like booking a new trip to cure PPDS (Post Poly Depression Syndrome)

I can't wait for F&W, MNSSHP, to see the new rooms and to party at the Poly with my adopted family!

I am looking forward to planning a great week with lots of new adventures with all the changes and opening of Fantasyland
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #1018
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Hey all! I am here to do a ticker dance with the creepy Elvis

It has been a long time since I have been on here but there is nothing like booking a new trip to cure PPDS (Post Poly Depression Syndrome)

I can't wait for F&W, MNSSHP, to see the new rooms and to party at the Poly with my adopted family!

I am looking forward to planning a great week with lots of new adventures with all the changes and opening of Fantasyland
Let me join you in that creepy Elivs ticker dance!
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
maiapapaya is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1019
Ame4
Earning My Ears
 
Ame4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga
What is the schedule for the Poly refurb? We might be switching to the Poly for our May trip.
I'm wondering this as well. Timeframe and what will be affected.
Ame4 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #1020
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
 
Cindie-rella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
You may have a problem if you are trying to book a regular GV room under a discount. I know they have been scarce. I haven't been able to get one for April.
Well some ppl were saying that they will be renovating rooms at the POLY the early part of 2013. I have called twice to change from POR Royal Room to a POLY GV and there weren't any available.I asked about the refurbs and she told me there wasn't anything saying this was going to happen ? They only had GV CL or LV or MK view. I ended up taking a LV and even added an extra night ! The price difference is outrageous but what the heck...They told me rooms open up all the time,I can try for a garden view later, but at least I know I have a POLY room booked our 1st stay here and I'm sooo excited ! DH doesn't know yet. I guess he'll find out when we board the Magical Express next April. He really loves POR so I think he will learn to love the POLY even more ! When they give you a Lagoon view are there any specific buildings they have set aside for that? I would love a 1st floor and something close to the GCH...any special request I should make ? Thanks.
__________________


2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: