Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #916
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Yeah! 48 hours till we leave!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #917
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I've read the entire thread. So excited for my Poly stay in 20 days!! This is my first visit ever to WDW, and I'm so nervous about staying here, because I'm sure I won't be able to stay at a value after this. I'm justifying it by saying it's just because my twins are 5, and when they're older and can handle more, we'll be able to do non-monorail resorts. But, who am I kidding?

Did I read somewhere that the Poly has Dole Whip as a self serve? What is the price?

I've made my request for 1st floor, Tokelau, but I'm linking my room with my SIL/BIL and MIL/FIL so who knows if they can find all 3 rooms with my request. Hoping for some magic.

My current schedule has a lot of rest, on account of the twins, so there are 3 meals planned for Captain Cooks. Can one really eat there 3 times over the course of 9 days and not get sick of it? We are on the DDP, and I definately don't mind going OOP at Kona if we need to.

Thanks everyone for the live updates and the inspiration. I swear, I'm at the 18 day mark until we head to FL, and 20 day mark until Poly and I'm about to jump out of my skin for the excitement of it all!!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #918
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi there . I'm sorry you won't be going to the Poly next year, but congratulations to your DS on the summer program . The Poly will always be there, but there might not be another chance like this for your DS. You will make it to the Poly some day and it will be worth the wait .

It won't be long before you're back at the Poly .

Glad your power has been restored . I hope this new storm doesn't cause another loss of power and/or other damage.
If it's not tomorrow then it's too long!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #919
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

I have a GV room booked for 11 nights next July but was toying with the idea of upgrading to CL instead. Has anybody booked CL rooms for July next year at all, or are they blocked out until the refurb has been finalised?

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #920
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelinMan View Post
I have a GV room booked for 11 nights next July but was toying with the idea of upgrading to CL instead. Has anybody booked CL rooms for July next year at all, or are they blocked out until the refurb has been finalised?

I am booked 7/2/13 to 7/14/13 Poly GV CL. They are available.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #921
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Yeah! 48 hours till we leave!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
I've read the entire thread. So excited for my Poly stay in 20 days!! This is my first visit ever to WDW, and I'm so nervous about staying here, because I'm sure I won't be able to stay at a value after this. I'm justifying it by saying it's just because my twins are 5, and when they're older and can handle more, we'll be able to do non-monorail resorts. But, who am I kidding?

Did I read somewhere that the Poly has Dole Whip as a self serve? What is the price?

I've made my request for 1st floor, Tokelau, but I'm linking my room with my SIL/BIL and MIL/FIL so who knows if they can find all 3 rooms with my request. Hoping for some magic.

My current schedule has a lot of rest, on account of the twins, so there are 3 meals planned for Captain Cooks. Can one really eat there 3 times over the course of 9 days and not get sick of it? We are on the DDP, and I definately don't mind going OOP at Kona if we need to.

Thanks everyone for the live updates and the inspiration. I swear, I'm at the 18 day mark until we head to FL, and 20 day mark until Poly and I'm about to jump out of my skin for the excitement of it all!!
The Poly is an awesome resort.....you're gonna love it . We love Captain Cooks and never got tired of it during our Poly trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If it's not tomorrow then it's too long!
I totally understand .

Quote:
CL should be available......we will be staying GV CL 7/21-7/24 .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #922
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think this will be just fine! We don't do much CS - usually have at least two TS meals per day, but I really like Captain Cook's. It's my favorite CS in all of WDW. I think they offer a nice variety. Once we had a very early ADR at Crystal Palace and were hungry again around 9:30 or so. We'd stopped by Captain Cook's a few times already, so I went to my favorite Captain Cook's alternative - Kona Sushi Bar! So if anyone in your group likes sushi, you can have even a little more variety while you pick up CC's for the others. Of course, Kona is another great option if you don't feel like CS.

Hope you love Poly as much as we do!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #923
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

CL should be available......we will be staying GV CL 7/21-7/24 .
Thanks for the responses guys.

I am going 7/17 to 7/28, so will be there the same time. You will be able to notice us easily - we will be the family from Scotland wilting in the heat looking like we are just about to die from dehydration!

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #924
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Quote:

I am going 7/17 to 7/28, so will be there the same time. You will be able to notice us easily - we will be the family from Scotland wilting in the heat looking like we are just about to die from dehydration!
We will be there then too. We've booked CL for a quick two nights to celebrate my 50th (7/18 & 7/19). I wish we could be there longer, but it just isn't feasible right now. But I'm thrilled to be there at all!

Ft. Wilderness April 2015 Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #925
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Too funny about you wilting from the heat and dehydration . Just make good use of the pool bar and you will be fine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post
We will be there then too. We've booked CL for a quick two nights to celebrate my 50th (7/18 & 7/19). I wish we could be there longer, but it just isn't feasible right now. But I'm thrilled to be there at all!
Looks like July is going to be a popular month for the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #926
TravelAgentJen
Thats what my fam calls me

resort activities schuedule Jan/feb

Does anyone have an old copy/pic of the resorts activities schuedule for a non-holiday week in january or feb? Thanks, it would really b helpful.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #927
denisekayt
Better known as Alice

Fiji Longhouse?

I'm considering requesting the Fiji longhouse, marina view for our upcoming trip. Anyone who has stayed there that can offer pros/cons?

We like being closer to the action and seeing more activity from our room. Samoa will likely be under refurbishment during our dates so I don't want to request that Longhouse. Fiji is further from the TTC, but we'll be going to the MK and volocano pool more than the TTC and/or driving the rental car.

Denise
(but DH calls me Alice...as in "Alice in Wonderland". Silly boy, he says that like living in a fantasyland is a bad thing! )

1/05 WL : 12/06 WL : 04/07 AKL : 01/08 Poly : 01/09 GF : 01/11 BLT : 04/12 Dolphin : 1/13 Poly : 8/14 DCL Alaska : 04/15 VWL
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #928
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think you've made an excellent choice!! Your first concern is justified...we visited the Poly for our first family trip, in 2007, with a 3 year old and a 5 year old, thinking it would be a one time splurge. Now we're planning visit number 5!!!

There is definitely DoleWhip soft serve. Not sure on the exact price, we have used snack credits or gotten it as our dessert. I'm guessing around $4?

I think your room request is perfect. We've stayed in that exact location very time. Centrally located and I think you'll love first floor for the "extra space".

I don't think having Captain Cook's 3x is too many. They have lots of good choices. I love the Aloha pork sandwich and the flatbreads.

Have a great trip and be sure to come back and share your experience with us!!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #929
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post

I think your room request is perfect. We've stayed in that exact location very time. Centrally located and I think you'll love first floor for the "extra space".
There's extra space in the first floor?

Ft. Wilderness April 2015 Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #930
jillianml
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You are gonna have a blast and doing it right by staying long enough to not be rushed!As far as your captain cooks quick service meals,if you dont want to eat there 3 times hop on the monorail or boat and check out the quick serve at the contemporary or grandfloridian!My best advice for a 1st time visitor is have the park map ahead of time and have a plan drawn out on your map!We got sooo lost all the time on our 1st trip lol and it was 105 degrees!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: