Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #901
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

Ghost Town...one can dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1510 View Post
Will the resort feel like a ghost town with all of the Longhouses being closed in March and April?
I hope so!
We will be there April 12-18th prior to our Cruise on the Dream. We will likely request Samoa or Niue as we had TPV in Tahiti this April. We loved it but didn’t get the value of the TPV room as we were on the go so much. You can't hear the music from Tahiti so Wishes kind of lost something from the room. The beach was great over by Hawaii and the volcano pool, so we will opt for this in April 2013 and a GV room. This trip will be a bit more Poly focused so closer to the pool and GCH would be great. I hope they get those two refurbs done before we get there.

Mike DW DS (4) DMIL

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

and
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #902
monami7
DIS Veteran

We just booked our first stay at Poly!

DH & I and DD (6) & (7) and my parents. It has been a dream of my mother and I to stay there forever! I cannot wait!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #903
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1510 View Post
Will the resort feel like a ghost town with all of the Longhouses being closed in March and April?
I wouldn't think so because there are always so many people visiting the resort for dining, shopping, watching fireworks from the beach, etc. that it will probably still be a busy place, even though there won't be guests going in and out of the closed longhouses .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
We just booked our first stay at Poly!

DH & I and DD (6) & (7) and my parents. It has been a dream of my mother and I to stay there forever! I cannot wait!
Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. The Poly is awesome and you're gonna love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #904
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I think we will love it and I can't wait to try it . We are there in July so it will be nice to be so close to the volcano pool as we hang out at the pool alot and we loved that location/area when we stayed in Samoa .
This is why the location of the Hawaii building is so wonderful. We love to hang out by the pool as well. It is so convenient to put on a cover-up and sandals and go up to lounge to get some beverages and snacks to bring back to the pool. The CM's were so accomodating giving me carriers and paper products to bring food/snacks/beverages to the pool area. We even brought our dessert from the lounge to watch Wishes some nights last Summer. Can't say enough good things.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #905
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
This is why the location of the Hawaii building is so wonderful. We love to hang out by the pool as well. It is so convenient to put on a cover-up and sandals and go up to lounge to get some beverages and snacks to bring back to the pool. The CM's were so accomodating giving me carriers and paper products to bring food/snacks/beverages to the pool area. We even brought our dessert from the lounge to watch Wishes some nights last Summer. Can't say enough good things.
Thanks for all of your input.....this is making me even more excited to try CL . I have been focusing on the location of the Hawaii building to the pool for ease of getting to/from the pool from our room, that I never thought of taking snacks/drinks from the lounge to the pool.....that is going to be a big plus. And I love the idea of taking dessert down to the beach while watching Wishes....thanks for the tip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #906
cmadara
Mouseketeer

This time tomorrow....

We will be checking into the Poly!!!!!! As long as the Nor'easter stays out to sea a bit more and our flight leaves PHL on time, we should be checking in and heading to MK!!!!!
(Also posting b/c I wanted to see my ticker!!)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #907
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmadara View Post
We will be checking into the Poly!!!!!! As long as the Nor'easter stays out to sea a bit more and our flight leaves PHL on time, we should be checking in and heading to MK!!!!!
Hope you have a safe flight and a wonderful vacation
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #908
DisneyCrazy123
Mouseketeer

We just booked last minute at the Poly for a week beginning Dec. 27th. Do they hold back any restaurant reservations for guests staying at the hotel? I checked on Disney Dining and could not find any reservations available during that time period at the main restaurants for dinner.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #909
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmadara View Post
Safe travels. Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy123 View Post
We just booked last minute at the Poly for a week beginning Dec. 27th. Do they hold back any restaurant reservations for guests staying at the hotel? I checked on Disney Dining and could not find any reservations available during that time period at the main restaurants for dinner.
Congrats on booking the Poly.....hope you have a great trip . As far as dining reservations, none of the resorts hold back any spots for guests staying at that resort. The only thing you could do is keep checking back daily as people do cancel and you never know when/if someone might cancel. Good luck.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #910
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Hi mickeynut1 Well it looks like you will be at the Poly before we will. I am sad that we won't be going to the Poly until 2014 but happy to say that our DS will be attending a summer program for his video tech class which he is excited about and was highly recommended by his tech teacher. This program is a college credit program which is another big plus as well.

The Poly will have to wait for us. Sometimes I find myself feeling guilty about being sad but our DS's education comes above all. So I will have to live vicariously through everyone else.

To anyone who is going soon or is there now, have a magical trip.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #911
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I can't believe we have only been home from the Poly 2 1/2 months. I am sad that we have so long to go, but happy that we are counting down to another trip!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #912
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

So wishing I was at the Poly right now - we just got power, cable, internet back after Sandy and now we are in the middle of another storm with about 3" of snow already.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #913
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hi mickeynut1 Well it looks like you will be at the Poly before we will. I am sad that we won't be going to the Poly until 2014 but happy to say that our DS will be attending a summer program for his video tech class which he is excited about and was highly recommended by his tech teacher. This program is a college credit program which is another big plus as well.

The Poly will have to wait for us. Sometimes I find myself feeling guilty about being sad but our DS's education comes above all. So I will have to live vicariously through everyone else.

To anyone who is going soon or is there now, have a magical trip.
Hi there . I'm sorry you won't be going to the Poly next year, but congratulations to your DS on the summer program . The Poly will always be there, but there might not be another chance like this for your DS. You will make it to the Poly some day and it will be worth the wait .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I can't believe we have only been home from the Poly 2 1/2 months. I am sad that we have so long to go, but happy that we are counting down to another trip!
It won't be long before you're back at the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
So wishing I was at the Poly right now - we just got power, cable, internet back after Sandy and now we are in the middle of another storm with about 3" of snow already.
Glad your power has been restored . I hope this new storm doesn't cause another loss of power and/or other damage.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #914
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

We normally book our May trip this time of year under the military discount and there are no military rate rooms available! We've been calling for about a month now and have found availability for the military rate everywhere except AoA and Poly. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Starting to worry they may not offer the discounted rooms in May due to the remodel.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #915
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
We normally book our May trip this time of year under the military discount and there are no military rate rooms available! We've been calling for about a month now and have found availability for the military rate everywhere except AoA and Poly. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Starting to worry they may not offer the discounted rooms in May due to the remodel.
We are going to WDW in April, and we are staying at BC. Poly was a contender, however, there were no GV rooms available at the military rate...only LV and CL...and even at 40% off, that's a lot of dough!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: