Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #736
alex9179
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear everyone is having a good experience with the resort and CL. There's nothing you can do about other guests. We'll ignore any weird behavior.

We arrive on Saturday! 7 full days of being immersed in a fairy tale, I can't wait! I just hope the weather doesn't cause any problems. Looks like jackets might be needed for DH and the kids in the am/pm. The poor dears get cold easy
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #737
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179 View Post
I'm glad to hear everyone is having a good experience with the resort and CL. There's nothing you can do about other guests. We'll ignore any weird behavior.

We arrive on Saturday! 7 full days of being immersed in a fairy tale, I can't wait! I just hope the weather doesn't cause any problems. Looks like jackets might be needed for DH and the kids in the am/pm. The poor dears get cold easy
We will be there in a few days as well. There was inappropriate behavior last visit to Poly CL (as opposed to the way we behave in public) and there may be this visit. But, we don't worry about what other people are doing or eating, etc. Our only concern is how we handle ourselves Have a wonderful trip! Poly CL is magical!
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #738
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I am also driving to Disney, but From Chicago. I would love to ask more about the drive??
or: come to my PTR and help?
Oh I would love to be able to help but this will be the first time we have driven since 1999. So this is kind of a new adventure for us.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #739
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
We will be there in a few days as well. There was inappropriate behavior last visit to Poly CL (as opposed to the way we behave in public) and there may be this visit. But, we don't worry about what other people are doing or eating, etc. Our only concern is how we handle ourselves Have a wonderful trip! Poly CL is magical!
We'll probably see you in the lounge! Hope your vacation is wonderful
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #740
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179

We'll probably see you in the lounge! Hope your vacation is wonderful
We'll be there Sunday & will likely see you in the lounge too! 5 sleeps...well 5 more nights of trying to sleep

Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #741
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I'm excited for all of you about to go on your trip to the Poly I hope you all have a great time !
We just got back last week and I miss it already. I'm wishing we could just be getting ready to leave for our trip Can I turn back the time to October 14th I guess I will start planning my next trip to get over missing the Poly and Disney
Here are a couple of my favorite photos I took while at the Poly

Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #742
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
We'll be there Sunday & will likely see you in the lounge too! 5 sleeps...well 5 more nights of trying to sleep
You've got that right! It's been a long time since I've been this excited.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #743
chamonix

Are we there yet?

Jumping in here to say we finally have a plan for our next Poly stay! Looks like March...trying to plan so we can get in the Hawaii building just as it "re-opens" after refurb. <crossing fingers>

Taking our friends who are newbies--they have never been to WDW. Will be so much fun to experience it with them (and their kids)!
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #744
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I'm excited for all of you about to go on your trip to the Poly I hope you all have a great time !
We just got back last week and I miss it already. I'm wishing we could just be getting ready to leave for our trip Can I turn back the time to October 14th I guess I will start planning my next trip to get over missing the Poly and Disney
Oh your pictures are beautiful. I do believe every one gets those missing Disney blues. I know I do. Sometimes we start planning our next vacation before we leave the one we are on.

Next year will be our first stay at the Poly. DH and I are not fans (sorry Poly lovers) but our DS16 is. So we decided to stay there for two nights CL for him. I know such a sacrifice that DH and I are doing. I do have to say that we are looking forward to our stay and truly hope that our minds will change about the Poly.

Now I just have to wait for Christmas morning to schedule our ADR's and the cabana for our arrival day. Merry Christmas to me.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #745
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
This is what I was thinking also. Nice and fresh for when we arrive at the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I am also driving to Disney, but From Chicago. I would love to ask more about the drive??
or: come to my PTR and help?
Good luck with the drive. We are in NWI only about 40 miles from Chicago. I am so not a long distance driver......it takes all I have just to get to Ohare or Midway to catch a flight .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179 View Post
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
We will be there in a few days as well. Poly CL is magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Here are a couple of my favorite photos I took while at the Poly
Hope you had a great trip to the Poly . Thanks for posting the beautiful pics....makes me wish I was there now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Jumping in here to say we finally have a plan for our next Poly stay! Looks like March...trying to plan so we can get in the Hawaii building just as it "re-opens" after refurb. <crossing fingers>

Taking our friends who are newbies--they have never been to WDW. Will be so much fun to experience it with them (and their kids)!
How fun to go with others who have never been.....and choosing the Poly for their first stay is a great way to introduce them to Disney .

Quote:
Oh your pictures are beautiful. I do believe every one gets those missing Disney blues. I know I do. Sometimes we start planning our next vacation before we leave the one we are on.

Now I just have to wait for Christmas morning to schedule our ADR's and the cabana for our arrival day. Merry Christmas to me.
I'm the same way......I always start planning our next trip before we leave the one we're on. I see it as a good way to lessen the sadness of going home . Good luck with your ADRs .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 10-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #746
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Those pictures are absolutely heavanly maryj11!!

Coachbagfanatic~ ~ I see you're getting back to your beloved GF soon...with a little Poly rolled in! Good for you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #747
ninafeliz
Mouseketeer

So many people checking in this weekend! We check in for out first club level stay on Saturday, we should be there around 4:00. I can hardly wait, we've never stayed at a monorail hotel before! With a 2 yr old and one on the way, we decided it was time to give it a try. We have 2 breakfasts at O'hana to see Mickey, breakfast and dinner at the CP to see our favorites, Pooh and Eeyore, a cabana for the morning before MNSSHP on Tues, and lunch at Chef Mickey's. I'm planning on a massage at SS ( too bad the GF spa is still closed), and we have the FLE D23 preview on Nov 4 at 8 am. The rest will be decided as we go, with a lot of it at the MK for our son. I almost hate for Sat to come, because then I will blink and it will be over! It will be a while before we make it back, I'm not too keen on flying with a toddler and a baby!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 18, 2004 4:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Our \"bonus\" trip to Pop Century!!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Relaxin\\\' at PC!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script><Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 26,2003 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>My DIsney Wedding!!! April 28, 2003 </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'I can\\\'t believe it\\\'s here';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #748
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Next year will be our first stay at the Poly. DH and I are not fans (sorry Poly lovers) but our DS16 is. So we decided to stay there for two nights CL for him. I know such a sacrifice that DH and I are doing. I do have to say that we are looking forward to our stay and truly hope that our minds will change about the Poly.

I hope you really enjoy the Poly and have a great time

Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #749
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

My daughter and I just decided and booked our first stay at the Poly GV CL for Sept 21, 2013-6 nights. It will be our first mother/daughter only trip also
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #750
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz View Post
So many people checking in this weekend! We check in for out first club level stay on Saturday, we should be there around 4:00. I can hardly wait, we've never stayed at a monorail hotel before! With a 2 yr old and one on the way, we decided it was time to give it a try. We have 2 breakfasts at O'hana to see Mickey, breakfast and dinner at the CP to see our favorites, Pooh and Eeyore, a cabana for the morning before MNSSHP on Tues, and lunch at Chef Mickey's. I'm planning on a massage at SS ( too bad the GF spa is still closed), and we have the FLE D23 preview on Nov 4 at 8 am. The rest will be decided as we go, with a lot of it at the MK for our son. I almost hate for Sat to come, because then I will blink and it will be over! It will be a while before we make it back, I'm not too keen on flying with a toddler and a baby!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Have a great trip . The Poly is an awesome resort, with the monorail being just one of the many perks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
My daughter and I just decided and booked our first stay at the Poly GV CL for Sept 21, 2013-6 nights. It will be our first mother/daughter only trip also
I hope you have magical mother/daughter trip. I think you made a great choice in choosing the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: